Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    There is no need to educate children about the political reality because they are unable to learn it?
    Is the role of a politician to educate people? I thought that was up to parents and professionals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Is the role of a politician to educate people? I thought that was up to parents and professionals.
    What is the purpose of the dialogue with the child then?

This is cultural.
    https://cltmallongerland.wordpress.c...inful-honesty/

What is the purpose of the dialogue with the child then?
    To put a human face into the issue and understand it.
    That was the place for the girl to show, to teach others about their reality. Not the other way around.

Let's be honest: Merkel could only lose in this situation. All the options she had would have made that girl cry. What followed then was low-quality media pulling out clickbait titles. And she wasn't heartless. If you speak german and see Merkel in the news more often: She is not an emotional person. I actually believe she was sincerely sorry for the girl.

Deleted
    That was the place for the girl to show, to teach others about their reality. Not the other way around.
    Then the girl should't have formulated it as a question.

Painfull honesty is a german cultural thing.

she wants to study in germany, merkel tells her " there are thousands people like you in refugee camps in lebanon and gaza, and all the people in africa, and we cannot bear to take them here."

Basically it meant, if diplomatic speech is taken out of her sentence
    "u are worthless and exchangable, there are millions of people who have the same wishes and dreams like you, and most of them will die from aids, starvation, israeli gun fire, sinking boats and those who arrive will mostly end as cheap streethookers in germany.

Not a nice thing to tell a teenage girl. But unfortately its the truth. What a fucked up world we live in. And for Merkel, she was pretty emotional compared to her normal gesticulation and interview acting. I think she really felt sorry, but thos former GDR people learnt very well to hide their feelings at all cost.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2015-07-16 at 08:38 PM.

If she asks germany to end it she probably should look into a history book first.

Why isn't Israel taking care of palestinian refugees?
    They should take all of them in.
    Yes, they should. They won't. Israel is a demographic state, not a democratic one. Everyone there, whether they're a Jewish Russian or American immigrant or they're native of any religion, should have equal protection under the law. The "Two State Solution" is a fantasy sold to perpetuate the status quo. What everyone should be working for is equal rights, and I know that phrase upsets all the AWM here.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    she wants to study in germany, merkel tells her " there are thousands people like you in refugee camps in lebanon and gaza, and all the people in africa, and we cannot bear to take them here."

Basically it meant, if diplomatic speech is taken out of her sentence
    "u are worthless and exchangable, there are millions of people who have the same wishes and dreams like you, and most of them will die from aids, starvation, israeli gun fire, sinking boats and those who arrive will mostly end as cheap streethookers in germany.

Not a nice thing to tell a teenage girl.
    Sorry but what? Exaggerating much?

Then the girl should't have formulated it as a question.

Painfull honesty is a german cultural thing.
    Uhm, what was the question?

Deleted
    Uhm, what was the question?
    Should Merkel simply say it probably won't work? Or wish her good luck?

That was already diplomatic.

Deleted
    Yeah, no. You don't get to decide that, at all. She brought it up in a tv show in front of an audience, there's no reason why she shouldn't be told the truth and confronted with the hard cold reality. You're biased to an extreme extent, that's great, doesn't mean anyone else has to adhere to how you think they should act and behave like.

Ah geez. That wasn't a smart stunt by Merkel. Doesn't she have any PR people she listens to? That was surprisingly dumb. No way such a blunder would have happened to a guy like Obama.

Germany's done more than its fair share of taking in refugees and immigrants. There have to be limits, even if it makes girls cry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Ah geez. That wasn't a smart stunt by Merkel. Doesn't she have any PR people she listens to? That was surprisingly dumb. No way such a blunder would have happened to a guy like Obama.
    It's german culture.

It's german culture.
    Was du nicht sagst?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never voted CDU/CSU...... Never ever did I, nor will I ever do that. I'd rather die, and I mean that...
    The Kohl reign was very instrumental in the decision of making me move..
    So, I am a natural opponent of Merkel.. But this situation... good lord... That stick has to be so high up ones ass that it hits the tonsils already, if one sees anything negative there.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yeah, no. You don't get to decide that, at all.
    Of course not. I'm not deciding anything at all. Angela decided, and brought to herself whatever kind of PR that brings.
    That is my opinion. And I've been more than fair with the situation: I could be posting some really inflammatory reactions instead.

Like this

Fun fact:
    While browsing for a video with subtitles for those not fluent in German, I came across a thread in 4chan's /pol/ cheering "Based Merkel is based"

10+ Year Old Account
    Was du nicht sagst?
    He's right though,...... we prefer to be blunt and straight away.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Should Merkel simply say it probably won't work? Or wish her good luck?
    What was the question the girl formulated?.

Deleted
    Was du nicht sagst?
    Ja ist es. Warum denkst du heißt es Notlüge.

The german term for white-lie is Notlüge an emergency lie.
    As a trend german people can be more blunt because just telling you the dress looks fine when you look like a fat cow in it is deemed dishonest.