Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

WoW zone Music is unbelievably amazing!

Just a random thread to post about how amazing the music was in older expansions

Not saying the WOD music we have now is fine - It's a bit too "battle" oriented for me but stuff like Howling Fjord...Storm peaks...Pretty much every zone in WOTLK had the most soothing/epic unbelievable feel to it that when you hear it again after so many years....You INSTANTLY recognize all the memories.

If there is a music panel at Blizzon - I'd very much like to meet these guys.

Not many people truly notice anymore how amazing great soothing music adds to a zone.

And people might call be a Sap for liking stuff like this but idc. The WoW music is better than any music i've ever heard in any game ever and to that i applaud the Music team or whoever the people are that make this stuff.

Been going on a nostalgia trip back in time on youtube just remembering the days of WOTLK. I truly thank you Blizzard for making such an amazing game. I know you guys can make it amazing again - Anything is possible. I'm optimistic that next expansion will blow people off their seats.

This isn't a quitting thread - Just a thread to talk about the memories of what people did back in those truly truly epic zones.

The best thing i loved about wrath zones were it genuinely felt you were going up a "hill" in a sense. You start from howling fjord then the landscape just makes you feel as if each new zone - your getting higher and higher. Honestly - Log on right now and stand on your ground mount just outside the entrance to storm peaks from crystalsong and just look up at the gigantic zone that is storm peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each expansion soundtracks has been nice, from Vanilla till WoD, all been 10/10
    No game comes near that epic level. None.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Sorry WoW music isn't better than any FF series music or any SE rpg game music. Theres a reason they play so many of their songs on video game music tours and wow isnt touched hardly

Quote Originally Posted by Nmkyungri View Post
    Sorry WoW music isn't better than any FF series music or any SE rpg game music. Theres a reason they play so many of their songs on video game music tours and wow isnt touched hardly
    Yeah WoW have a few zones with nice music but i have to agree. Nothing on a Square soft/enix level

If you're a weaboo, sure, Japanese game music is great. But to anyone normal, WoW music has always been the pinnacle. Sadly, music doesn't really carry a game that has been underwhelming lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahhaha no. WoW is far better then FF in music and gameplay.
    To bad

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    If you're a weaboo, sure, Japanese game music is great. But to anyone normal, WoW music has always been the pinnacle. Sadly, music doesn't really carry a game that has been underwhelming lately.
    Video game music Tours and the fact SE 's music director has won awards say otherwise

Really? I played a bit of FF 14 and the music sounded just like every other FF game. WoW's music changes with each expansion.

They are definetely best thing in this game since the very beginning of Orcs and Human 'till Warlords of Draenor. The composers like to hear our feedbacks, I suggest you and all of people that reading this thread to tweet them on Twitter or anywhere. They're really kind people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow music doesn't feel as dynamic when compared to the final fantasy games, their music changes with the context of the game, combat changes the music but still has it set to fit the zone/environment. WoW music is good but it doesn't seem to flow along side the changes in gameplay as well as other games do.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hahahhaha no. WoW is far better then FF in music and gameplay.
    To bad
    Even fanboys of Blizzard like Towelliee can say FF series music is soooooooooooooooooo much better than any WoW music

https://youtu.be/shMaev-dSFI?t=86 that video is good enough proof and thats just Bismarck not even The last primal or any of the 2.0 primals like Garuda or Shiva

10+ Year Old Account
    Even fanboys of Blizzard like Towelliee can say FF series music is soooooooooooooooooo much better than any WoW music

https://youtu.be/shMaev-dSFI?t=86 that video is good enough proof and thats just Bismarck not even The last primal or any of the 2.0 primals like Garuda or Shiva
    Hahaha no. WoW has always been best with soundtracks, That anime music gets not even close to it.

https://youtu.be/N-bVd9t2XA0?t=10m30s that till end, already beats that whole video of yours.

i love the fucking idiots that call ff14 music weebo, considering VERY few of the songs have lyrics. Fucking sucking blizzards cock more.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-07-26 at 07:41 PM.

Deleted
    WoD was lacking but I agree that WoW has one of the most memorable bunch of music. Japanese rpg is mostly overdramatized piano/violin combination. No thanks.

Video game music Tours and the fact SE 's music director has won awards say otherwise
    You are wasting your breath this is MMO-C the home of the largest blizzard whiteknight population on the planet. You could literally list every award SE won for their music and they would still argue you. You and I both know the master work of Nobuo Uematsu

Let me correctly rephrase this for you..."Sorry, but in my own personal opinion WoW music isn't better than any FF series music or any SE rpg game music. Theres a reason they play so many of their songs on video game music tours and wow isnt touched hardly". Justin Beiber sells millions of albums and is insanely rich, does that mean he is better than less successful bands or singers? Drug dealers sell hundreds of millions in crack, meth, and heroin...does that mean those drugs are great?

Everyone has different tastes and opinions - Nothing wrong with that. If i played FF growing up instead of WoW i'd probably love the FF music. And vice versa. No need to argue about it guys.

I just cannot believe how unbelievably amazing this music is.

Listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85JLNFc4eT4 The mobs you kill in Howling Fjord is are more like Viking dudes. This music just captures that perfectly imo.

I'm on a nostalgia trip but my god. Whoever composes this needs to be a multi millionaire - It's an unbelievable skill to have

Oh and I would like to say that it's not logical to make a game's soundtrack as best soundtrack ever. There are countless of games and they seperate by their aspects. Nintendo's games for instance have their own theme and quality while Elder Scrolls have it's own. It's like: comparing Tolkien's Middle-Earth with Martin's Westeros, both have their own style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    You are wasting your breath this is MMO-C the home of the largest blizzard whiteknight population on the planet. You could literally list every award SE won for their music and they would still argue you. You and I both know the master work of Nobuo Uematsu
    Once again, someone is a fanboy or whiteknight because their opinion differs from yours? Not many people at all can deny how good the music of Uematsu is, but just because YOU believe something does NOT make it true. It's called opinions, something humans routinely have. If someone likes WoW's music more it doesn't make them wrong or a whiteknight.

Quote Originally Posted by Underhoe View Post
    WoD was lacking but I agree that WoW has one of the most memorable bunch of music. Japanese rpg is mostly overdramatized piano/violin combination. No thanks.
    Wods music was more designed around "War" if that makes sense.

WOTLK seemed to have captured Mystery and serenity in almost every zone except for the few zones that were entirely based around undead (icecrown) :P