Page 1 of 2
LastLast

36 Artifact Questlines = Sparse Endgame?

Anyone concerned with the fact that blizzard is creating 36 individual quest lines, 12 order hall locations and a new class could mean that legion could lack a decent endgame? I mean it would suck if it all turned out to be samey apexis style zones with little variation and little to no general endgame story and reputations? What do you think? Do they have what it takes?

According to someone everything will cost us a raid tier.
    Everything will be instead of the preference of another player to some degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm desperately hoping that this isn't the case, and the reason the second half of WoD sucked so hard was because they were all working furiously on Legion.

Deleted
    It can always mean that, but till we learn more from the beta it's all speculation, as for "Do they have what it takes?" it all depends on how long Legion's been in development already, which we don't precisely know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Anyone concerned with the fact that blizzard is creating 36 individual quest lines, 12 order hall locations and a new class could mean that legion could lack a decent endgame? I mean it would suck if it all turned out to be samey apexis style zones with little variation and little to no general endgame story and reputations? What do you think? Do they have what it takes?
    We don't have details yet on whether or not they will be lengthy or if some/all will have overlapping quests or be 100% unique. So I'm not assuming anything until we get a clear answer from blizzard or see it in beta. Either way tho, I don't think it'll have as much of an impact as you think considering the amount of art that went into garrisons and that blizzard is usually good when it comes to quests.

You best believe Blizzard has 90% plus of the their team working + grinding on the Legion expansion. This is without a doubt the most important, if not most crucial launch in the games history. We know it, they know it. This expansion will make or break the game. As a community though lets try to at least spam them with information and ideas. Working together in my opinion will only make this thing we call 'entertainment' last. Yes some stuff is wack, but let them no why!
    Last edited by Cheerbleeder; 2015-09-01 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm hoping WoD truly was just a filler to give them time to bring Legion out full force as an epic expansion for all. Hopefully less raid focus as well. Even as a mythic raider I do not like this being the only end game option.

But we had no extra 5 mans in WoD because of Blizzard saying we do them to quickly... this with no Scenarios left us with what?

Garrisons or some other dailies I'm unaware of?

I'm sure that in patch content the Halls or whatever will get some artefact quests or something.

I'm tired of PVE being only dailies or Raids...

Give us Scenarios or New Dungeons please. Oh maybe it's because Thrall needed a new model or something..

And they have to make sure Metzens true love is modelled perfectly.
    Last edited by icepick; 2015-09-01 at 06:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The emerald nightmare and suramar palace.
    Two raids at the beggining?
    this is definitly costing us a new tier.

Well I doubt the questlines will be completely unique. I'm sure many of the quests for the same class will overlap either in areas, bosses, story, or whathaveyou.

As for the Class Order Halls, I'm sure they'll say that they take a lot of resources because everything must be made from scratch and basically use the same story they did for Garrisons taking up all the resources.

As for endgame, I expect the same with WoD or even less. Sure they might want to give more, but so far every expansion has had less & less.

God forbid if Blizzard actually makes 36 unique/long term questlines that span the whole expansion while providing a substantial amount of leveling & endgame content that they have years ago. That would mean more work put into a game with a declining & disappointed playerbase which does not seem very profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

It will be just copy paste with different quest givers (Go to LFR, collect X relics, Y runes, and Guldan's hat, and kill 10,000 demons in the Broken Jungle)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It will be just copy paste with different quest givers (Go to LFR, collect X relics, Y runes, and Guldan's hat, and kill 10,000 demons in the Broken Jungle)
    I hope not but who are we kidding they probably only put uniqueness for the odd quest. I'm just glad the poop collection ones have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by icepick View Post
    I hope not but who are we kidding they probably only put uniqueness for the odd quest. I'm just glad the poop collection ones have gone.
    Meanwhile, in Q2 2016...

"Greetings, Legolazzzs the Paladin. You must find the legendary sword, The Ashbringer, lost during the Battle of Broken Shores. Oh, and 900 Infernal coprolites."

0/1 Ashbringer
    0/900 Infernal coprolites

Quote Originally Posted by Karmak View Post
    Meanwhile, in Q2 2016...

"Greetings, Legolazzzs the Paladin. You must find the legendary sword, The Ashbringer, lost during the Battle of Broken Shores. Oh, and 900 Infernal coprolites."

0/1 Ashbringer
    0/900 Infernal coprolites
    i swear if the artifacts are another "bring me 500 things from raid bosses" every patch i'm not going to even bother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i swear if the artifacts are another "bring me 500 things from raid bosses" every patch i'm not going to even bother.
    From the sounds of it, they aren't.

They're a 'go do 1000 things to slowly level up your artifact' instead. They said progress on the artifacts is gained by questing, dungeons, pvp, raids etc. so it's likely just a really slow-ass progress bar.

I don't know how you feel about it but that doesn't excite me much.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    champion, gather 9,000 of the legion's armanents so we may weaken them, then i will empower your artifact
    champion thank you but its not over yet go to suramar and collect the runed books of the elves there so i may empower your artifact
    champion thank you but its over yet go to the emerald dream and collect the plants there so i may analyze them
    champion thank you but its over yet, gather 500 fel orbs so i may empower your artifact
    champion thank you you have done so much for us

.....but its over yet.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

How did people go from "You will get your artifact as one of the first things you will do in Legion" to "You'll need 500 things from raid bosses for your artifact" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    According to someone everything will cost us a raid tier.
    Everything will be instead of the preference of another player to some degree.
    You do realize Garrisons on Draenor literally, LITERALLY cost us a raid tier right?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    You do realize Garrisons on Draenor literally, LITERALLY cost us a raid tier right?
    But it was time well spent. It was great to have such an ungodly amount of customization for your garrison. And the gameplay mechanics of the garrison itself were top notch. I don't say this easily but it was even more fun than jousting at the Argent Tournament.

no it just means that the effort towards 36 quests that would have been for some nothing questlines in legion were directed towards artifacts, except better and more meaningful rather than a green and lore that never goes beyond the end of the quest.