Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I really like the look of your UI here. Might try my hand at a crude replica sometime soon.

Also pixel fonts are great; they make everything look 10x neater. Don't feel pressured into giving up on them!
    Well, there are two reasons I switched after something like six years of pixel fonts on unit frames:

1) My eyesight is deteriorating and I need a lot of help from my glasses with computer screens
    2) San Francisco is just a fantastic typeface! It renders surprisingly well in WoW, considering it was developed for tiny wearable touch screens. It's so easy to read.
    Last edited by Everlu; 2015-09-22 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MelkorX View Post
    Agree looks nicely clean and yeah no barely legible pixel fonts in there. Imho pixels are bad to read and just look like people have a fetish for 80th arcade consoles. Similarly serif fonts don't suit a clean interface either nor are they well legible when screen resolution and font size aren't considered carefully.
    I can see why you might think that, though I find it depends fully on the actual pixel font that is being used. The one I use for my own UI is super easy to read

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Well, there are two reasons I switched after something like six years of pixel fonts on unit frames:

1) My eyesight is deteriorating and I need a lot of help from my glasses with computer screens
    2) San Francisco is just a fantastic typeface! It renders surprisingly well in WoW, considering it was developed for tiny wearable touch screens. It's so easy to read.
    The eyesight issue is definitely as good a reason as any to switch to a font that is easier to read :P
    I've considered changing to a regular font too, but I just like how well the pixel fonts match a nice sleek UI!

I can see why you might think that, though I find it depends fully on the actual pixel font that is being used. The one I use for my own UI is super easy to read
    Semplice, right? I love that font, man. I used it for years, because it's just so nice. I really love the other ones by the same designer. My current UI was initially designed with Gros in mind before astigmatism won out.

Pixil, are you at all interested in Sharing that beautiful UI/
    I absolutely need it.

I don't like the way the normal Semplice font renders in WoW. It's much wider than it's intended width. I modified my WoW Semplice font to remove the additional spacing included with the letters and it now (almost perfectly) renders as it would in say Photoshop.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...215_210158.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    I don't like the way the normal Semplice font renders in WoW. It's much wider than it's intended width. I modified my WoW Semplice font to remove the additional spacing included with the letters and it now (almost perfectly) renders as it would in say Photoshop.

Mind sharing?

I really like this!

Deleted
    I would be very interested in a raid shot (:

Quote Originally Posted by Tohr View Post
    Mind sharing?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...iceRegular.ttf
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Thanks, I will try it out tonight!

Minor update.

Should I make all elements of the UI (except target) class colour (left) or does it look better to have a spec colour as well (right)?

The frames to the left of the player frame are soul shard and burning ember trackers.

Also not sure about the positions of the unit frames. Critique appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Minor update.

Should I make all elements of the UI (except target) class colour (left) or does it look better to have a spec colour as well (right)?

The frames to the left of the player frame are soul shard and burning ember trackers.

Also not sure about the positions of the unit frames. Critique appreciated!
    IMHO it looks better to have matching colors; I think the left looks much better. The target frame should probably be moved a little to the left, too, so that it's a little less intrusive. Just my $0.02 though.

That being said, I think it looks pretty amazing so far. Another great job by Birg!

Quote Originally Posted by Xetta View Post
    Pixil, are you at all interested in Sharing that beautiful UI/
    I absolutely need it.
    Sorry bud, not planning to upload it. ElvUI can mostly be configured to look that my UI, with help from weak auras and such, so you could have a go yourself Who knows, you might come up with something even better!

Interesting edit. Looks decent but I wouldn't say I prefer either more than the other; both are fine! :P

Quote Originally Posted by fourk3y View Post
    I would be very interested in a raid shot (:
    Just browsed through my screenshots to find something suitable. I hope that this will suffice:

Last edited by Pixil; 2015-09-24 at 02:13 AM.

Tried to stay a bit closer to the original style while getting rid of all the useless combat spam and massive numbers that just clutter the screen usually.

Last edited by heinz0r; 2015-09-24 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Semplice, right? I love that font, man. I used it for years, because it's just so nice. I really love the other ones by the same designer. My current UI was initially designed with Gros in mind before astigmatism won out.
    You have my sympathy.
    A fellow suffer of Astigmatism, amongst other issues.
    For that reason I tend to appreciate the simpler UI's more, those with less focus on the art but instead on presentation of the information.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Tried to stay a bit closer to the original style while getting rid of all the useless combat spam and massive numbers that just clutter the screen usually.

what are those unit frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
    IMHO it looks better to have matching colors; I think the left looks much better. The target frame should probably be moved a little to the left, too, so that it's a little less intrusive. Just my $0.02 though.

That being said, I think it looks pretty amazing so far. Another great job by Birg!
    Alright! Kind of agree with you, though I was thinking of putting the target frame even closer to the center. I'll have to see what it feels like playing with it further out. It probably looks better that way Thanks!

Deleted
    Working on a public Release

Just browsed through my screenshots to find something suitable. I hope that this will suffice:

i.imgur. com/ATZcPem.jpg
    sorry to bug, but what info panel is that on the bottom? or is that still part of ElvUI?

Quote Originally Posted by tflogic View Post
    sorry to bug, but what info panel is that on the bottom? or is that still part of ElvUI?
    The buff trackers are just a bunch of weak auras I made, and the durability/latency/time is just ElvUI datatexts.