Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    In one month I got both Brewfest mounts, Blazing Drake, Elegon mount, and Life-Binder's Handmaiden.

Handmaiden and Brewfest Kodo were on the same day.

Blazing Drake was one day after the Elegon mount, and the Blazing Drake awarded me the Emerald Drake.

RNG is RNG.
    Congrats.

Idk what it is with you people in claiming what you got to somehow, "prove me wrong." Your experiences are outlying situations.

You got lucky, that's it.

Don't act like you're the norm, you're even exclaiming that rng is rng, then you should be fully aware of the fact that you are not the norm, nor by rolling the dice did you have any high probability of getting what you got.

The fact remains the same: It's highly unlikely to get so lucky. There's actual math stacked against your favor here.

As I understand it, it's less that people disagree that it's unlikely to get 3 1% raid drop mounts in the space of a month, and more that they disagree that it's so unlikely that it should cause suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    As I understand it, it's less that people disagree that it's unlikely to get 3 1% raid drop mounts in the space of a month, and more that they disagree that it's so unlikely that it should cause suspicion.
    I see it as there are thousands upon thousands of people who farm countless mounts every day, no mounts. He comes in and sweeps some fairly challenging mounts, all within a month of starting mount collecting. That's what's weird to me. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's unlikely from the get go, let alone JUST STARTING mount collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Realsykes View Post
    I see it as there are thousands upon thousands of people who farm countless mounts every day, no mounts. He comes in and sweeps some fairly challenging mounts, all within a month of starting mount collecting. That's what's weird to me. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's unlikely from the get go, let alone JUST STARTING mount collecting.
    Again this is just more anecdotal evidence, but I only started 'properly' mount farming at the start of September before I had my lucky run listed above.

I'm assuming that most of the world drop mounts he got were from extensive camping sessions with lots of realm hopping, perhaps very late at night/early morning. Undoubtedly still lucky, but still with a considerable amount of time/effort put into it. I have seen quite a few groups for Draenor mount rares recently, for example. And there are a couple of non-CRZ realms in EU where I know that if I hop at say 5 or 6 am, I'm almost guaranteed to find a rare of some kind.

Jesus fuck you people are salty.

Who cares if this guy is lying or telling the truth?
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2015-10-05 at 12:58 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Jesus fuck you people are salty.

Who cares if this guy is lying or telling the truth?
    Yeah, I mean its totally possible the guy was botting, but I've had some pretty absurd streaks myself. I got my Time-Lost, the camel figurine, Poseidus (I've seen Poseidus alive six times to be fair), then Aeonaxx during Cata within a 1 week window (I got the first 3 in an 8 hour time span). I saw Aeonaxx after that kill again 3 days later on the same alt (as evidenced by the extra phosphorescent drake on my alt's bags), so I don't think its completely unrealistic that someone got that lucky that fast.

I've also bonus rolled sha's mount twice, Oondasta's mount once, and I've seen two Edge of Realities without even looking for them, so I've been the beneficiary of good luck. We should get back to posting more about screenshots of other people getting awesome mounts. I have nothing to post atm since all I can really get currently is Rukhmar, and lol @ that. But yeah, even if the guy's cheating, not much we can do about it, its not like he'll admit it here anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathral2 View Post
    Yeah, I mean its totally possible the guy was botting, but I've had some pretty absurd streaks myself. I got my Time-Lost, the camel figurine, Poseidus (I've seen Poseidus alive six times to be fair), then Aeonaxx during Cata within a 1 week window (I got the first 3 in an 8 hour time span). I saw Aeonaxx after that kill again 3 days later on the same alt (as evidenced by the extra phosphorescent drake on my alt's bags), so I don't think its completely unrealistic that someone got that lucky that fast.

I've also bonus rolled sha's mount twice, Oondasta's mount once, and I've seen two Edge of Realities without even looking for them, so I've been the beneficiary of good luck. We should get back to posting more about screenshots of other people getting awesome mounts. I have nothing to post atm since all I can really get currently is Rukhmar, and lol @ that. But yeah, even if the guy's cheating, not much we can do about it, its not like he'll admit it here anyways.
    You can't see the portals anymore after you already have gotten the Voidtalon mount. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16953655844

Quote Originally Posted by Vathral2 View Post
    Like what I don't get is who really cares? If the guy is lying that means his life is so sad he has to make up shit to post on the internet to a bunch of complete strangers. For every one of us who bitches about not getting a mount drop after 200 kills there's some guy out there who doesn't post who got it the first damn time, has no clue how rare it is or even worse doesn't even care about it and never rides it. In the end.. who cares?

got experiment 12b yesterday =D

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You can't see the portals anymore after you already have gotten the Voidtalon mount. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16953655844
    Not sure if that's accurate, but if it is then it only applies to the character you actually found and clicked the portal on because I'm 100% certain you can still find them on alts. I have found multiple portals for friends, though none of them were found on the main I got voidtalon with, so I can't confirm whether or not the toon you clicked it with will ever be able to see it again, but alts definitely can.

Can provide SS if wanted to confirm, I took SS of a few of the portals I have found.
    Last edited by chocotaco; 2015-10-05 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocotaco View Post
    Not sure if that's accurate, but if it is then it only applies to the character you actually found and clicked the portal on because I'm 100% certain you can still find them on alts. I have found multiple portals for friends, though none of them were found on the main I got voidtalon with, so I can't confirm whether or not the toon you clicked it with will ever be able to see it again, but alts definitely can.

Can provide SS if wanted to confirm, I took SS of a few of the portals I have found.
    Fair enough, was just quoting what someone had said on this particular topic. But good to know.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You absolutely can. I have a screenshot to show that I absolutely saw one after I got it before, you just cannot click it.

Edit: I read the response after, but yeah, I saw the portal on a different toon the second time.

Got Handmaiden's Lifebender

37 tries

274 mounts!

Already have this mount but I thought it was very cheap and I can resell

7+ Year Old Account
    Got the stonecore mount recently But can't post pics because not enough posts. >.<

I hate this game. So much....

Invincible drops twice within like 2-3 weeks. Still can't get the brewfest mounts or DS to drop either mount after 200 attempts

I died a little on the inside
    Last edited by Ace192; 2015-10-06 at 07:21 PM.

seconds ago i got mim's head after calling it in chat!!!! im so happy!

@.@...starting to feel serious abstinence by now. I hate these bursts of luck that then lead into looooong periods of mount drought, this affliction that I seem to be suffering from.

Also, damn the people buying BMAH mounts for REAL money. Seriously, the sellers have bots placed at BMAH to buy out these mounts (Zulian Tiger goes for like 1999 euro or something) giving the rest no chance in hell.

I'm currently looking for a guild that has access to the Blacksteel Battleboar. I have asked on the US mount forums also. If anyone here has access to it and would allow me to level a toon on their realm for it, I would greatly appreciate that. I can pay you for services with either gold on your realm from leveling and selling battle pets, or giving you battle pets also. If anyone is able to help, my battletag is Whocares#1839. Thanks.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

This was a good way to end my time in Firelands. On the very run that I finish my legendary staff quest the egg drops (already have the Flametalon).