Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoWProgress having no support forum, no way to help its users, no way to contact them

Why does it still exist? Why hasn't anyone replaced them yet? They offer no support to their users, they are full of bugs and people are ignored when they send an email to their "contact" link or post anywhere.

I'd love to see the coders of WarcraftLogs take over.

They took over World of Logs pretty well.

You get a response if you somehow insult them when you mail them; Only way I've figured out to get a confirmation (and action taken) on anything I've sent in :P.
    I think the main reason Wowprogress hasn't been replaced is because it's kept up to date and relatively "fair"; Usually when issues (such as guilds splitting/reforming into two) arise, they are taken care of fairly quickly. We've got issues with the top 100 with 3x guilds duplicating due to transfers/reforms, but apart from that, eh, not really anything major (for the curious, Method/Serenity at rank 1/2, Easy at rank 51/52, and Grim Harvest at rank 57/82).

Deleted
    Nothing major? e.g. currently many users do not even get to be in a guild. I entered a guild 3 weeks ago, I'm exalted to them, and WoWProgress thinks I'm guildless.

Both the character and the guild are updated several times.

Warcraft Logs coders take over!

Explain "full of bugs" please?

I'm sure shit crops but from time to time but your problem seems like one with the armory, not with their website. Also, I kind of like them being incognito.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You get a response if you somehow insult them when you mail them; Only way I've figured out to get a confirmation (and action taken) on anything I've sent in :P.
    I think the main reason Wowprogress hasn't been replaced is because it's kept up to date and relatively "fair"; Usually when issues (such as guilds splitting/reforming into two) arise, they are taken care of fairly quickly. We've got issues with the top 100 with 3x guilds duplicating due to transfers/reforms, but apart from that, eh, not really anything major (for the curious, Method/Serenity at rank 1/2, Easy at rank 51/52, and Grim Harvest at rank 57/82).
    We've actually emailed them over and over about the issue with our world ranking after the transfer to Draenor and they literally just don't answer. It's to the point where we'll probably have to try to transfer the original guild on the Maelstrom to fix it.

They basically don't give a fuck once the initial progress race is over, it seems - which in all fairness makes some sense given that beyond the top 20-25ish world ranking doesn't really matter all that much - but it makes for an atrocious user experience.

Deleted
    And this is way wowtrack.org has become better.

edit; And to be more specific here, both sites has +/- and I'll list some of them

Wowtrack
    - Somewhat slow browsing it.
    - Update of guild/char often takes awhile.
    - CM tracking would be nice.
    + Blueposts
    + More simple, no pet score, HK etc which most people find useless.
    ++ Char name/transfer is amazing.
    + Track a chars pve/pvp progress from past tiers easy.

Wowprogress
    - Too much useless information, such as pet scores, total damage done, all that jazz.
    - Duplicate of guilds just coz some people join somewhere else, often not removed.
    - The char name/transfer is so broken.
    ++ The LFG system is great for a lot of people
    + Browsing is super quick.
    + How you can customize the guild page, wowtrack got this too, but it's not as advanced I believe.

This is how I see both from my usage, sure some might find pet battle score useful, but I don't.
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2015-10-09 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Why does it still exist? Why hasn't anyone replaced them yet? They offer no support to their users, they are full of bugs and people are ignored when they send an email to their "contact" link or post anywhere.

I'd love to see the coders of WarcraftLogs take over.

They took over World of Logs pretty well.
    Wowprogress was started by a single guy - I guess he hired some additional personnel since the beginning, but I doubt it's a big operation.

The audience isn't large, the guy was doing it partly out of its own interest, although the proceeds must be enough to feed him.

That's why there's little in the way of support and little in the way of competition. It's a small business in a small pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Doesn't seem to track anyone without a guild or something.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Doesn't seem to track anyone without a guild or something.
    If a char was in a guild listed at wowtrack at any point, it'll keep tracking. Example would be my shaman, it's been guildless for a couple of months, but it shows. https://wowtrack.org/characters/EU/Kazzak/Fnxfive

If a char was in a guild listed at wowtrack at any point, it'll keep tracking. Example would be my shaman, it's been guildless for a couple of months, but it shows. https://wowtrack.org/characters/EU/Kazzak/Fnxfive
    Eh, I still think it's an oversight not being able to add individual characters, and can only add guilds.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It doesnt look like wowtrack includes any asian guilds.

Deleted
    Method/Serenity at rank 1/2.
    They actually take up 3 spots now lol. 1, 2 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They actually take up 3 spots now lol. 1, 2 and 7.
    Didn't notice the remnants of Method had "merged" with REM .

Yeah but they only really intervene when it comes to like the top 10 which realistically the majority don't give a shit about. Personally I pay far more attention to the top 200 US.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Nothing major? e.g. currently many users do not even get to be in a guild. I entered a guild 3 weeks ago, I'm exalted to them, and WoWProgress thinks I'm guildless.

Both the character and the guild are updated several times.
    This bothers me too.. My main has been on the same guild for 3 YEARS and WoWHead still makes me look Guildless..
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

edit; And to be more specific here, both sites has +/- and I'll list some of them

Wowtrack
    - Somewhat slow browsing it.
    - Update of guild/char often takes awhile.
    - CM tracking would be nice.
    + Blueposts
    + More simple, no pet score, HK etc which most people find useless.
    ++ Char name/transfer is amazing.
    + Track a chars pve/pvp progress from past tiers easy.
    Checked it out, would not recommend.

- Wanted to look up my realm. There's a single search box to search everything. Typed in "Bonechewer", got result for a single warrior named Bonechewer without the ability to switch anything.

- Wanted to look up my guild. Typed in "Riot"... alright, found it, but apparently we're 2/13 heroic. By what criteria? We've been sitting at 13/13 for at least 2 months and it says it's been updated 4 days ago.

I like seeing each character's progression and percentiles for guilds and characters, but until the core information gets fixed and becomes searchable, the site doesn't fulfill its intended function.

Because it costs a lot to maintain a site like that. The database requirement is kind of huge. As far as I know, they answer their emails and fix stuff when you ask them.

Can't say I encountered many lasting issues on wowprogress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    problem seems like one with the armory

There's nothing wrong with it. Hell, that alternative site someone posted has the char normally listed, and I didn't even know that site even exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    This bothers me too.. My main has been on the same guild for 3 YEARS and WoWHead still makes me look Guildless..
    ffs! .....

I still haven't seem any real issues posted in this thread apart from people disliking dead guilds taking up spots on the rankings which has always been the case is how the system is made. Two guilds can have the same kill if they both meet the criteria. The old guild is mostly there for history keeping and is why wowprogress never have removed disbanded or dead guilds from the ranks.

Removing guilds is on case by case basis and just because they merged or disbanded is not enough. If you want all guilds off the ranks that would deleting half the kills listed on the site going by how many guilds got killed by WoD.

Pushing everyone else down a rank because top guild split is pretty lame but it's how the system is made and the alternative would be not give the guild in which 17 out of the 20 people who got the world first no credit for world first which is even worse.

People who suggest WCL should start tracking world first must have no idea what the hell they are talking about. Warcraft logs is a completely different from wowprogress. wowprogress works with wow armory API and Warcraftlogs is 100% in game logged data and uses zero armory API they have no connection at all in data collection.

The reason World of logs got replaced was because it was unsupported for a entire tier and unusable for heroic raiders so literately anything that could separate heroic from normal logs was a improvement. Currently wowprogress is missing nothing and the guys who make it have done everything they can do support it. Most of the flaws you find with it would be design choices or problems with the WoW API
    Last edited by Axelond; 2015-10-10 at 09:31 AM.