Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What pet to get to 25?

So, what pet should I level to 25? I want it to be able to help with the daily quests at the garrison, but I don't have any level 25 pets. In fact, my highest pet is level 3.... mini thor.

So what should I level up with the stone that levels one up to 25 instantly?
    Molten Corgi? Murkimus the Gladiator? Panda Cub? Mini Diablo? Spirit of Competition? Zergling?

Anyway, looking for suggestions, I don't have a ton of pets, but I'd like to have one that can do a lot.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

anubisath idol is probably your best bet

If your just starting out, you want to boost Molten Corgi, since Superbark will deal very heavy damage but will NOT kill the foe (Always leaving it at a minimum of 1 health), making captures extremely helpful. With him at level 25, you'll be able to pretty much cap everything in the game save in two turns (with the exception of superbosses like Unborn Valkyr), which is an invaluable help for building up your team.

chrominius and pandaren water spirit combo is good

Yep, if you're just starting out the Corgi is a good start. It will help you capture other pets. If you have alts let them do the battles so they get some exp too.

I agree with the Anubisath Idol. Following that I recommend maybe an emerald drake, darkmoon zeppelin or sea pony (or equivalent). I once made a list of the minimal comp required to clear all MoP daily quest masters with a 2-pet combo. Doing so will get 1 pet from 1-25 in a day, give or take. So if you make this team you can power level more.

Here's my notes if it helps:

Aki the Chosen [Vale] - Anubisath Idol, Pterrodax Hatchling (any flying, liftoff helps)
    Farmer Nishi [V4W] - Sea Pony (immediately use cleansing rain), any mechanical
    Mo'Ruk [Krasa] - Darkmoon Zeppelin, Gilnean Raven
    Hyuna of the Shrines [Jade] - Emerald Proto-Drake (liftoff for burrow), Gilnean Raven
    Courageous Yon [Kun-Lai] - Emerald Proto (lift off as soon as rabbit swaps in), any strong mechanical
    Seeker Zusshi [Townlong] - Sea Pony, Gilnean Raven (swap in leveling pet 2nd round)
    Wastewalker Shu [Dread] - Gilnean Raven (any strong flying with avoidance?), Sea Pony - luck required

(*) Sea Pony - alternatives: Fishy (quest in Jade Forest), Dancing Water Skimmer/Eternal Strider (pet battle), Aqua Strider (rare drop Nalash Verdantis), Tiny Goldfish (sold by Nat Pagle)
    (*) Darkmoon Zeppelin - alternatives: Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (JC)? No mech attack though.
    (*) Anubisath Idol - alternatives: anything with Sandstorm (but Anubisath is optimal)
    (*) Gilnean Raven - alternative: Crow (DMF capturable)
    (*) Emerald Proto-Drake - capturable in Sholazar, also Proto (from egg)

By no means a perfect set of strats, it's just what I used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Emerald Proto-drake, Anubisath Idol, Panda Water Spirit, Mechanical Panda Dragonling, Chrominus. You can get the last 4 on the AH. Water Spirit and Chrom are the bomb combo (stack Water Sprit Geysor and Whirlpool, switch to Chrom for Howl and... fuck, his Surge? and nothing survives it). Idol, Mech, and Emerald Proto can practically solo teams of pets on their own, so are great for leveling. For "nature" leveling, I loved Panther Cub, as he is fast and hits really hard - damage reduction and self heals, so you can sit out around Halfhill in Pandaland and go to town (if you don't want to fly around hitting tamers).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Anub Idol is possible the best pet overall you can get to 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Anub Idol is possible the best pet overall you can get to 25.
    That's what I'm gathering from online searches and this thread, but the advice here about Molten Corgi is good too. I will use my 2nd level 100 to do the quest and I'll make those two level 25, and then I can get everything else leveled up.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    That's what I'm gathering from online searches and this thread, but the advice here about Molten Corgi is good too. I will use my 2nd level 100 to do the quest and I'll make those two level 25, and then I can get everything else leveled up.
    Here's what I'd recomend...

Level a Corgi to 25.

Use it to get a Nexus Whelping from Coldarra.

Use the Nexus whelping in South Gorgrond to help level other pets.

There's parrots EVERYWHERE. Most of the time you get all flying teams there so ArcaneStorm>ManaSurge will DEVASTATE the entire team.

IT's double PEt XP this weekend so you'll actually level the pets very quickly.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    anubisath idol is probably your best bet
    If you are going to dive a little more heavily into what the pet battle system has to offer. Anubisath Idol is just about everyone's guide at some point in time. This is a good bet.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose one pet for daily tamer quests, I'd go with Gilnean Raven. Call Darkness + Blinded Strike is a devastating combo. Several of the Pandaria Tamers have aquatic pets, so the Raven naturally ruins them.

Anubisath Idol is okay. He hits too hard to be useful for captures.

If you want to PvP...
    * Ghastly Kid
    * Mechanical Pandaren Dragon
    * Chrominius
    * Lil' Bling
    * Fiendish Imp
    * Teroclaw Hatchling

All are on the AH and should be fairly inexpensive (<1000g).

For the daily garrison quest, you'll need several lvl 25 pets. Howl Bomb--Unborn Valk + Pandaren Water Spirit + Chrominius--is a solid set, but won't defeat all the garrison groups.

Just realm-hop for the Valk. Park yourself in one of its spawn locations, and hop til she drops!

Don't forget about critters! Pygmy Cow (available with a lvl 3 Barn), FrostFur Rat (capturable), Molten Hatchling (capturable, and, I know, it's a beast, but it's very small) are easy to get and surprisingly effective.

Corefire Imp, Anubisath Idol.

Leveling with a corefire imp is easy too, at 16 he can solo kun lai summit and valley of the four wind level 24-25 pet teams with ease.

If you plan on doing more pet battles, and eventually go on to many of the tougher trainers, make a run at trying to get a Emerald Proto-Whelp from sholazar basin (a p/p one) and that is literally the only pet you will ever need for PVE pet battles/leveling other pets.

If you want to be able to do the WOD trainers with ease get a Sprite Darter Hatchling (or Nether Faeirie Dragon) that are S/S Breeds and a mechanical pandaren dragonling. Those two can bear every WOD daily trainer on their own.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2015-09-25 at 11:08 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Friend gave me a Terrible Turnip. It has a move where ya can get the enemy down without killing it (Weakening Blow). Got something to max upgrade a pet from the garrison, and used it on it. Pretty much GG on catching shit now. If ya wanna catch 'em all.. it's a good one to have.

Get mechanical dragonling some others may work too to solo ashlei wod tamer. You can carry two pets with her

Deleted
    anubisath idol
    Unborn Val'kyr
    Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen
    Crawling Claw
    Darkmoon pets
    Kun-lai Runt

Once you have a level 25 pet, you can learn caged level 25 pets. Check the AH on the server(s) you have gold on, and make a decision based on what you want to have and how much you want to spend. At one point there was a guide for 2 vs. 3 on all the Pandaria trainers with just an Anubisath Idol and a PP Emerald Protowhelp (so get the idol and 25 and catch yourself the PP whelp).

IMO, you need to get at least one of every type (flyer, dragon, critter, etc). If you plan on doing the pet dailies, there's a few that will stop you short (like Headless Jacob or Okrut in Northrend). If you got time, you could look up wowhead for their guides, peruse that and see what pets come up a lot. So far, what's listed here in this thread is a good start! I'd like to add Emperor Crab, Celestial Dragon, Grommloc, Infinate and Scourged Whelplings- get yourself a frog too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    So, what pet should I level to 25?
    There really is only ONE answer to that question: ALL OF THEM...

But in the process, you'll need the following:
    - Anubisath Idol
    - Mechanical Pandaren Dragon
    - Terrible Turnip or Molten Corgi (needed for capture team as they don't kill the opponent)
    - A moth
    - A rabbit or hare
    - Pandaren Water Spirit
    - Chrominius
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Fastest way to pet level?