Thread: Cooking Bacon

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Cooking Bacon

I need to figure out how to cook this while keeping the fat on and not burning to so it shrinks/gets crispy.

What do you mean by "keeping the fat on"? Fat will cook off if bacon's cooked.

That said, oven roasting causing a bit less shrinking and gives you really moist bacon. I still prefer pan or griddle fried bacon, but if you need to make a lot of bacon that's consistently and not crinkled up, roasting is worth a shot.

Do it in the oven
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    I use the oven. I take a deep baking tray, bend the paper on it so that it will catch all the melting fat, then spread the bacon on it, and finally cover it with another paper to prevent boiling fat from staining the oven. You get much more bacon, in a much shorter time, with much less mess.

Oven coked bacon is one if the main side foods in my keto diet.

pan lined with foil, cook at 400 for 15+min, place cooked bacon in tupperware and pour excess fat over bacon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crispy bacon is the best though :/

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I need to figure out how to cook this while keeping the fat on and not burning to so it shrinks/gets crispy.
    lay out your strips on a cooking grate/rack...if not , use alum. foil on a baking tray.(Grate/rack will crisp it better)
    Oven to 400* put the bacon in while it is pre heating then check on it every 5 min OR wait til oven is done preheating, put bacon in check it after 12 min, let it go longer if you want it crisped more.
    This arrangement should keep a bit of the chewy bits on it while crisping the meat bits.
    Pull out of oven, lay out paper towels to soak grease/fat....let cool a bit , enjoy.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What do you mean by "keeping the fat on"? Fat will cook off if bacon's cooked.

That said, oven roasting causing a bit less shrinking and gives you really moist bacon. I still prefer pan or griddle fried bacon, but if you need to make a lot of bacon that's consistently and not crinkled up, roasting is worth a shot.
    I'm trying to keep the white fat on it.

It's good.

A lot of people use the microwave to cook bacon these days. I tried it and it was okay. You get a plastic bowl, line the bottom with paper towel, put a loose lid on it.

There are lots of howtos on the internet to cook bacon in the microwave.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Microwave, seriously. Put a couple sheets of paper towels on a plate. Put however much bacon you want on top of the paper towels. Put another paper towel on top to keep from getting shit all over the inside of your microwave. Cooking time depends on the amount and thickness of bacon, but a couple strips of thick cut bacon takes between two and a half a three minutes. You can have perfectly cooked bacon in less than five minutes.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

If its not cripsy and crinkled then its just HAM

Oven, for sure. As some have said, 400F for around 15 minutes. I line a casserole dish with crumpled aluminum foil and flip the bacon halfway through, but you don't have to. Cheaper bacon will stick if you don't use cooking spray, so watch out for that.

I've tried microwaving bacon, and it's okay, but it's not the same. I'd recommend it only if you're in a hurry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once pan fried 5 packages (about 70+ pieces) of bacon is just my boxers and no shirt on. Man, they was fun!

Seriously though, I use the microwave method if I just want a blt for myself or I pan fry when I'm cooking dinner for for others. In my old school cast-iron skillet (these things are 30+ years old), i can cook 9-11 pieces at a time in about 2-3 minutes.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    A how-to video about cooking bacon in the microwave pretty much summarizes everything that's wrong in the world right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

baking it. you can put a sheet of foil down in a toaster oven and put your strips down set it for 10 mins and gg. take the foil off crumle it up and toss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Cook the bacon, put in on a plate, pour the fat/grease on it and let it cool.
    It's like everyone is turning Southern.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Use proper bacon not the crappy strips Americans are fond of

Rinse it in cold water. like for real that works.

Seriously you can just cook it less amount of time, like just stop before you burn it. Adding just a little bit of butter or fat before you start can help.

Sometimes i feel like you need an adult Bigz.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Sometimes i feel like you need an adult Bigz.
    Sometimes?

Anyways, how hard is it to just cook it in lower temperature if you want the fat to stay in the meat? Seriously, these threads....
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.