Thread: Monk artifacts

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How "stupid" the 2h looks on monk is related to how much length is left behind your arm, and the length forward of the arm in comparison.

As the artifact is only being used by monks they could have just adjusted the grip point more behind, and possibly make it slightly longer. It would make it sheathe perfectly without altering the model kind of. In a perfect world they would just adjust this grip position for all weapons on monk characters but I doubt that would happen.

Impaling Harpoon Is good example of this (and the opposite is the staff linked before). It sheathes well on back since the gripping point is at back-end of the weapon. (sadly the weapon itself is fugly).

Pictures:

On Back
    In Hand

Smaller but also noticeable difference is between the monk quest polearms. The only difference between agility versions and int versions is the length behind hand. This causes a clear "antenna" effect in comparison.

Agility
    Intellect
    Last edited by keqe; 2015-11-09 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    I'm actually rather partial to the WW monk weapons, which apparently is a rare opinion.. I don't mind me some basic dusters for my fisticuffs, even the claws look pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabus80 View Post
    what it looks terrible? i don't see the problem http://imgur.com/e1Qp4PS
    Wow, that looks goofy af. It's not nearly as bad on my BElf Male. Or is that a particular problem item?
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Man, so much negativity in this thread. I think the artifacts look freaking epic. The Brewmaster staff especially. It's got so much lore behind it! It's pretty much Pandaria!

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Man, so much negativity in this thread. I think the artifacts look freaking epic. The Brewmaster staff especially. It's got so much lore behind it! It's pretty much Pandaria!
    Nah, man, I think it looks cool too. BTW didn't you used to be a Monk forum mod or am I crazy? Welcome back
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Nah, man, I think it looks cool too. BTW didn't you used to be a Monk forum mod or am I crazy? Welcome back
    I used to be, till I resigned, yes.

And I haven't gone anywhere? I just post mostly in my guide thread, but thanks! :V

I wanted a keg in off hand for brewmasters

Hmmm, really expected more of a polearm for BM rather than a staff, though it's good they are working in the Monkey King lore.

WW was pretty much guaranteed to be a fist weapon simply because of all the work they've done developing fist weapons for D3. I'm actually pretty surprised at the number of fist weapon artifacts they've gone with, though I shouldn't be for the elemental shaman since they are making elementals actually look like the shaman unit from WC3.

It'll be nice to see the fist weapons when sheathed too, I was just glad that they finally allowed them to show up for monk melee attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    I wanted a keg in off hand for brewmasters
    Wish granted
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...04262720208896

It actually does {come with a keg}! We're working to tie the Brewmaster staff (including the keg) into their combat animations.
    Brewmasters are sooo lucky, oh my god. This is unbelievable.

They've said that they are working on "fixing the fist weapons". I hope that means they will be visible at all times and on my hands during the whole combat.

As for the look itself, the fists weren't that impressive, so I will probably transmog them. Probably Fist of the Deity.

What I'd like to see on Fist weapons, is 2 modes:
    1 - Unsheathed: Your claw/Katar pops out.
    2. Sheathed: Your claw/Katar retracts back inside, but you still hold the weapon.

I doubt it's gonna happen though, because the Base artifact is a Tekko. And... It doesn't have a retractable/folding part..
    Would be a cool idea though i think

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    So a mystical, all powerful artifact sells for 4 copper?
    some things are priceless

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why windwalkers didn't get a staff used by Kang the Fist of First Dawn.
    It makes no sense for the windwalkers artifact to be fist weapons, made by Irmaat, a smith the pandaren would have never heard of..

Kang was the one that started the uprising against the Mogu empire and free the pandaren from slavery.. From what I know of the lore, he was also the origin of the monk spec..

So why wasn't this important figure in the pandaren history acknowledged, and his weapon use for an artifact..

my god some of you guys are a bunch of retarded people ( yes I use that word correctly ) the fist weapons are the only weapon that shows when in combat. you might not notice it, because you have been using other weapons the entire expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

its 2015 (and soon 2016) and acting stupid on the internet is so 2001

The WW weapons are fine. I would like to have alternatives like other 1handed weapons.

BUT Fist weapons ARE fine because Windwalkers have them unsheathed (yeah they wield them while fighting) a staff or other weapon is just for stupid people whose alt is a monk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastashifu-khaz View Post
    I don't understand why windwalkers didn't get a staff used by Kang the Fist of First Dawn.
    It makes no sense for the windwalkers artifact to be fist weapons, made by Irmaat, a smith the pandaren would have never heard of..

Kang was the one that started the uprising against the Mogu empire and free the pandaren from slavery.. From what I know of the lore, he was also the origin of the monk spec..

So why wasn't this important figure in the pandaren history acknowledged, and his weapon use for an artifact..
    Because he had no weapon. That's the whole idea. That they rose up against the mogu fighting bear-handed.(heh)
    Last edited by mmoce9a533470d; 2015-11-14 at 11:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Because he had no weapon. That's the whole idea. That they rose up against the mogu fighting bear-handed.(heh)
    Come on.. The pandaren were slaves and many of they would have used poles/yokes/staffs to help carry things on their shoulders..
    So is it really so far fetched to think, that these tool were implemented into the fighting style at some point?
    Last edited by Mastashifu-khaz; 2015-11-14 at 12:07 PM.

Monks should move on from pandaren shit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    some things are priceless
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Anyway, I like the lore behind the BrM and MW weapons; I'll judge after I've done the quests for WW. Looks-wise, I love the MW staff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Monks should move on from pandaren shit stuff.
    Please elaborate why?

I personally prefer swords for monk, I just like the look of katana like swords being wielded by a monk, though I do understand the lore or somewhat idea of fist weapons. I mostly like the transmog of the swords personally. My only thing with fist weapons is with staffs and 2h weapons the weapon is longer to show the great detail as it gets better, with fist weapons they will be short and not be able to show the detail or be able to receive that detail due to size.