Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    [QUOTE=Mirishka;37304125]Who the hell are you to tell them what doesn't fit their class?

I am also kind of wondering that to.Who decides what fantasy play style of DK is better than the other?

I very much doubt blizzard had a great "lore debate" about keeping frost 2h and 1h, but rather chose 1h for better balancing and "if players want to go 2handed then they have 2 other options".

However at the end of the day if you are really unhappy with frost going 1h only, the best thing you can do is vote with your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    Generally, trying to tell Blizzard they are wrong about how 'they' view a class 'they' created is hilarious, ignorant and stupid..
    No, it's not. Blizzard is wrong in WoW, because their own iconic death knight is two handed sword dps. Knights dual wielding swords historically is very rare, and so having a spec for that, but not for the two handed guy is wrong for that reason too- but that's not even relevant. It's wrong by Blizzard's own baseline.

Enabling dual wielding was trouble from the start. The devs at the time even pointed out that dual wield gradually eats whatever it is attached to, and promised that they would take care. But now you have a tank spec, a dual wield spec, and a pet spec, and there's nothing left for the guy that wants to dps with his two handed sword- that spec didn't end up making it, because dual wield ate him up, just like they said years ago.

I think DW is pretty iconic for frost tbh.. was that way for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    ...end thread
    Blizz trying to retro-lore the sword to fit their current agenda doesn't change anything.

Thassarian's Sword(s) are still the same model as Endbringer, a huge 2H sword that sheaths to the back. Scribbling in One-Hand on the new tooltip doesn't change the look and feel of wielding those swords. When you see that sword, you know it is a 2H sword. Nothing changes that.

If they were to adjust / elongate our incoming 1H Artifacts so that they look like 2H swords that also sheath to the back, then I would be totally satisfied. As they have already put a lot of work into the current concept, I don't see them backing down from us DWing. But.....they might be willing to meet us halfway by making the swords the appropriate size, look cool and sheath to our back like a proper runesword.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You should read about Felo'melorn sometime, it was reforged (And turned out stronger because "LOLELVES").

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the fact that SMF & TG both still exist. Now stop trying to be witty (Because you're not).
    No, SMF is being removed in Legion as 2h are being removed from Frost. To be fair they are on the same boat. The only difference is that most Fury Warriors rather have TG than SMF while the DK community is 50% rather having 2h Frost and the other 50% having 2x1h. That is why we have this topic.

We have seen from Blizzard's OWN words that DK runeblades are soulstealing (life essence - which by dictionary is soul) weapons of destruction and that Frostmourne is broken it let out some souls and the player will work into bending the remaining souls to do his bidding. This leads to the obvious, the absolute only reason frost DK's wont get Frostmourne - Reforged - is because Blizzard wants to have spec distinction and class distinction, like it or not we will become the only plate class spec wielding dual 1 hand blades.

I personally don't like it and feel like a pirate/rogue when I'm using 1h swords on my waist and we also know they will sit on waist instead of the back from what we saw on the videos. Btw, tried to tweet Blizzard devs about the option to choose where the weapons sit but got no reply yet.

Deleted
    wait, death knights were serious about wanting to wield frostmourne? like, THE frostmourne? i thought all the qq about not getting it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinLee487 View Post
    Thats great and all, but we have been discussing DW Blood, not Frost. You even quoted me talking about DW Blood...but then went on to pretend as if we were talking about Frost all along.

So. You wanna try that again?
    No, I was talking about DW frost tanking versus 2H Blood tanking.

No one tanked DW Blood. The parry-haste exceeded what you could self heal if I remember right. You needed the heavier armor provided by frost to effectively mitigate. Also you couldn't get the DW talents and have enough points to go far enough into the frost tree too for some of the must-have tanking talents.

That does explain the cross purposes we were at though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    wait, death knights were serious about wanting to wield frostmourne? like, THE frostmourne? i thought all the qq about not getting it was a joke.
    looks like frostmourne is no longer frost ourne when its split into two. just like how a buritto is no longer a buritto when... yeah

Deleted
    I've mained a DK since Wrath and played just about every possible spec. I hate what has become the current Frost DW (and Blood). Spamming one key over and over is a joke, at least 2H Frost you had a smooth rotation until they fucked that in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    If Runeblades are the most powerful weapons around, wielding two of them must be the most sensible option.
    Better to wield 2 gnome death knights and each of them wields 2 blades. This way you have 4 rune blades

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    No, I was talking about DW frost tanking versus 2H Blood tanking.

No one tanked DW Blood. The parry-haste exceeded what you could self heal if I remember right. You needed the heavier armor provided by frost to effectively mitigate. Also you couldn't get the DW talents and have enough points to go far enough into the frost tree too for some of the must-have tanking talents.

That does explain the cross purposes we were at though.
    Ah. Looks like there was a break in communication at some point, my apologies.

That said, I do agree that DW Frost tanking was completely viable from 3.2 and onward. I ran it myself at the beginning of ICC and it was fun. I just ended up switching to Blood since I got 25m Bryntroll instead of DWing ilvl232 swords.

Show me your motivation

Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post
    No, it's not. Blizzard is wrong in WoW, because their own iconic death knight is two handed sword dps. Knights dual wielding swords historically is very rare, and so having a spec for that, but not for the two handed guy is wrong for that reason too- but that's not even relevant. It's wrong by Blizzard's own baseline.

Enabling dual wielding was trouble from the start. The devs at the time even pointed out that dual wield gradually eats whatever it is attached to, and promised that they would take care. But now you have a tank spec, a dual wield spec, and a pet spec, and there's nothing left for the guy that wants to dps with his two handed sword- that spec didn't end up making it, because dual wield ate him up, just like they said years ago.
    Exactly. If they can't support both 2hand and DW'ing, then drop DW'ing, because this just completely kills the "class fantasy" that we were sold from the start. Death Knights *NEVER* dual-wielded before Wrath, and Thassarian is the only one who has consistently dual-wielded, and he's a pretty weak example at that. There are enough dual-wielding classes as it is; it doesn't resonate with the themes of the class, nor the spec, nor even the element itself of "Frost". It was a poor fit from the very start, and if they can't support both, then eliminate dual-wielding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Frostmourne is a soul stealing sword that does not belong in player hands
    If the frostmourne shards could be used to create 2 1h weapons and that is fine, it should also be fine to use the shards to make a 2h that is not frostmourne.

But in reality, blizzard finally learnt they can't balance the 2 subspecs so there is no point trying
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    How I view

Unholy DK

Blood DK
    I can hear the games workshop lawyers planning to sue you now over using these pics!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    If the frostmourne shards could be used to create 2 1h weapons and that is fine, it should also be fine to use the shards to make a 2h that is not frostmourne.

But in reality, blizzard finally learnt they can't balance the 2 subspecs so there is no point trying
    Give up on 2h. Geez
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XorMalice View Post

So...you basically are calling Blizzard wrong? You're telling them they're wrong? That it is THEIR product and they're wrong with it?

Well...don't we have such a inflated ego that we know they're completely 100% wrong with their own product.

But hey...you know what...you like playing weak specs? Then play Unholy without Timmy! You obviously don't care about playing a weaker play style so it shouldn't bother you!

They're "wrong", because they're making a change that is inconsistent with a past vision of the spec. That's the point he is trying to make, I think.

Also, 2hand Frost may be weaker than DW Frost, but A) it's still competitive, and B) Blizzard's job is to balance the game, and if the numbers are really so upset, they can change them.

Like I said, I don't see why they couldn't continue to support both specs, seeing as they're still relatively close in numbers. *IF* they can *ONLY* support one spec, though, then I feel it truly needs to be 2hand, because again, Dual-wielding has never been shown to be an iconic part of the Death Knight's identity. I would even argue it directly undermines it, as there has never -- not a once -- been a "pair" of Runeblades, and Runeblades are the entire basis of the class itself.

Omg to get better balance something had to die.
    Get over it. Quit or play unholy
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Exactly. If they can't support both 2hand and DW'ing, then drop DW'ing, because this just completely kills the "class fantasy" that we were sold from the start. Death Knights *NEVER* dual-wielded before Wrath, and Thassarian is the only one who has consistently dual-wielded, and he's a pretty weak example at that. There are enough dual-wielding classes as it is; it doesn't resonate with the themes of the class, nor the spec, nor even the element itself of "Frost". It was a poor fit from the very start, and if they can't support both, then eliminate dual-wielding.
    Many people play and enjoy dw frost and if you take that away they have NO OPTIONS to dual wield. While with 2h frost removed there are still options for dw. Whether you like dw or not dks have beem able to do it since wrath.

The only reason they're forcing DWing is so each spec is "different". That's their biggest goal with these class changes, making everyone feel speshul. There is no other reason. Waxing poetic about lore is pretty pointless.

I still want to know if WW Monks are losing their passive that gives them the option between DW and 2H. They're getting a fist wep artifact but are they losing the passive and being forced to DW forever?