Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by photocopy View Post
    I think all variations of the gun are unattractive, but it also doesn't make much sense to give them to BM hunters. The sniper would make much more sense with MM, and one could argue that if they're focusing on doing their damage solo, as in, without a pet, they would want more firepower. Literally.

Plus I think the gun doesn't really fit with certain races. Dwarves, gnomes, humans, and goblins would make sense with a gun, but an elf, troll, or tauren doesn't seem to fit as well. I just wish they'd thought about this more.
    It's really obvious that with the changes they did to MM (and the talents) they want to go with a (dark) ranger style, so a bow is fitting.

And then yes, give MM the gun, and it still doesn't fit with certain races. Nothing's changed. (Also back in Vanilla, Tauren started with a gun, I don't remember when they changed it)

End of reply to you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean, they gave us the choice (without taking best dps into account of course) of two (even three because MM has a Crossbow skin) type of weapons, and with that people complain about how it's not fair to have a gun for BM instead of a bow...well guess what ?
    -Warrior only have swords.
    -you want some axe ? Go play Blood DK.
    -you want some mace ? Hope you like to heal or Enhancement.
    -you want a wand ? Oups guess you'll just have to wait I don't know how many years.
    -you want a polearm ? Hope you have/like a/the new survival Hunter.

We can have all our current weapon types in Legion, I think we should be grateful.
    You don't like guns ? Well I don't like bows (Not entirely true, but I like more gun skins in the game than bow skins). Where does it leave us ?

And I want to repeat it again, we have not yet seen the guns (or the bows/crossbow) in action when they wind up or fire.
    Our ranged weapons never had awesome visual effects in an idle position and not a lot of them even had visual effects when in action (bows and crossbows have there limbs moving but most of the gun do nothing).
    But it is still what make us apart of other classes because there weapons don't do sh*t when they attack, maybe people should at least wait to see them in action before jumping to conclusion.

Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by photocopy View Post
    I think all variations of the gun are unattractive, but it also doesn't make much sense to give them to BM hunters. The sniper would make much more sense with MM, and one could argue that if they're focusing on doing their damage solo, as in, without a pet, they would want more firepower. Literally.

Plus I think the gun doesn't really fit with certain races. Dwarves, gnomes, humans, and goblins would make sense with a gun, but an elf, troll, or tauren doesn't seem to fit as well. I just wish they'd thought about this more.
    I completely agree with this. Why would a "master of beasts," carry a gun? It just doesn't "fit," for me. I've always used bows for BM spec.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    My Hunter is Beastmaster and I never, ever use guns. Always bows or crossbows. I'm a Tauren, not a damn Dwarf, guns are not my thing. Now I have to give up my pet if I want the artifact bow? SERIOUSLY?

There was a tweet somewhere saying that bliz was incorporating weapons into casting animations. So maybe priests will get some really cool glow effects or something that makes the dagger look better. Obviously this won't be the same for hunters but maybe the shooting animations will be cool, similar to the gun/bow from throne of thunder that shoots lightning When you shoot.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Yopparai View Post
    maybe the shooting animations will be cool, similar to the gun/bow from throne of thunder that shoots lightning When you shoot.
    I mean they could make the rifle not look like something crafted by an engineer or spice up the shooting animations. Still won't ever change the fact that my night elf beast master is using a boom stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    I mean they could make the rifle not look like something crafted by an engineer
    Did you read the lore of the weapon ?

"A peerless example of techno-magical engineering, the Titanstrike was designed by Keeper Mimiron, a titanic watcher and brilliant inventor."

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Did you read the lore of the weapon ?

"A peerless example of techno-magical engineering, the Titanstrike was designed by Keeper Mimiron, a titanic watcher and brilliant inventor."
    No, I'm talking about a player with the engineering profession. It looks like something I'd buy off the auction house to gear up an alt.

And I'm still not sure how that lore is supposed to make it more appealing to me. Did you read my post about being a BM Nelf?
    Last edited by zerocarbs; 2015-11-25 at 11:03 PM.

No, I'm talking about a player with the engineering profession. It looks like something I'd buy off the auction house to gear up an alt.

And I'm still not sure how that lore is supposed to make it more appealing to me. Did you read my post about being a BM Nelf?
    They can't appeal to every combo of Race/Class, I'm sorry it's not appealing to you but it's like that, they wanted to go for a (Dark) Ranger type for MM and a bow is more fitting for them, that's all there is to it. Blizzard didn't go into Race/Class but only Spec.
    The whole expansion is about Spec identity and yes if they wanted to go Spec identity why give BM a gun ? (go kind of a Big Game Hunter vibe) I think they wanted to make Hunters happy by giving them weapon choice but people only rage about this...I think it's pretty sad really.

And for how it looks, well that's a matter of taste really.

They can't appeal to every combo of Race/Class, I'm sorry it's not appealing to you but it's like that, they wanted to go for a (Dark) Ranger type for MM and a bow is more fitting for them, that's all there is to it.
    And how many years have we been allowed to transmog guns into bows for this very reason? But for some reason Blizzard is so stuck on this warped 'class identity' (my weapon comes from Mimiron? wut?) that they aren't going to allow the gun to be transmogable to Thasdorah.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've got my fingers crossed for some awesome BM-only hunter pets to make up for these ugly weapons.

Except for the base model I think all the BM artifacts look cool. I didn't like gun in the past because their noise was too loud(now it sounds like a pop gun but at least it isn't deafening) and for the rp side as a Nelf I didn't like them but as they added cooler models and I became an engineer in cata I am using a gun about 50% of the time with my transmogs unless I just can't find one that fits. I still prefer bows and MM has been my main spec since vanilla so I will be using the bow artifact most of the time. Although with tri spec and my characters RP I will probably be swapping between all three outside of raids and dungeons.

Subjective opinion.
    Those happy about something do not need to take to the forums to convince others to voice the same view.
    Those unhappy want to justify their view with numbers of voices instead of a better argument.
    You fall into the latter, relying on other voices instead of providing a good point.

My view is I have seen better, I have seen worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Shadow Priest and Hunter Guns have more variation than Fury Warrior artifacts. We have it worse, shhh.
    Shadow Priests with guns ?
    That is news to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Subjective opinion.
    Those happy about something do not need to take to the forums to convince others to voice the same view.
    Those unhappy want to justify their view with numbers of voices instead of a better argument.
    You fall into the latter, relying on other voices instead of providing a good point.
    You've misread or failed to read a lot of things. In my original post I was pretty blatant that yes, this is subjective and yes, this is my opinion. I don't need to justify anything or even make a point. Forums can be an open discussion without someone coming in and making it out to be some kind of competition or debate.

Also no one said shadow priests use guns. Was making the comparison that shadow priests also got a bad hand with artifact weapons art/visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    You've misread or failed to read a lot of things. In my original post I was pretty blatant that yes, this is subjective and yes, this is my opinion. I don't need to justify anything or even make a point. Forums can be an open discussion without someone coming in and making it out to be some kind of competition or debate.

Also no one said shadow priests use guns. Was making the comparison that shadow priests also got a bad hand with artifact weapons art/visuals.
    Try reading the original statement again.
    Voicing proof of a petty claim through apparent numbers of supporting voices "a lot of players".
    Making clear statements that it is just "ugly and lame".
    There is nothing to misunderstand there.
    You weren't just trying to voice an opinion, but trying to inform us it was more than that.

No artifact weapon is going to "suit" all races equally, and what does or doesn't suit a given race is going to be a matter of opinion as well as being influenced by the rest of the outfit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Newt View Post
    Let us not forget this beauty that desperately needs an HD remake.
    Ewwwww.....nope.

It's been my experience that the best looking guns ae the simple ones.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Try reading the original statement again.
    Voicing proof of a petty claim through apparent numbers of supporting voices "a lot of players".
    Making clear statements that it is just "ugly and lame".
    There is nothing to misunderstand there.
    You weren't just trying to voice an opinion, but trying to inform us it was more than that..
    Yup you caught me! I'm trying to brain-wash everyone to share my views on a video game. -.-
    Go read the first line of my original post and feel real silly somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I think a lot of players agree with me just based on the general outrage that ensued on the official forums. Shadow priests were really pissed too and I don't blame them.
    The official forums are a cesspool of bullshit and ignorance where people only come to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    My Hunter is Beastmaster and I never, ever use guns. Always bows or crossbows. I'm a Tauren, not a damn Dwarf, guns are not my thing. Now I have to give up my pet if I want the artifact bow? SERIOUSLY?
    I'm a damn dwarf, now I have to go feral if I want to use a proper weapon as an artifact.
    They can't appeal to every combo of Race/Class, I'm sorry it's not appealing to you but it's like that, they wanted to go for a (Dark) Ranger type for MM and a bow is more fitting for them, that's all there is to it. Blizzard didn't go into Race/Class but only Spec.
    The whole expansion is about Spec identity and yes if they wanted to go Spec identity why give BM a gun ? (go kind of a Big Game Hunter vibe) I think they wanted to make Hunters happy by giving them weapon choice but people only rage about this...I think it's pretty sad really.

And for how it looks, well that's a matter of taste really.
    Thing is, I think hunters are unique in that many, if not most, see race and/or weapon choice as more defining of their character than spec.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Ewwwww.....nope.
    How dare you... This gun (that I stole from our tank), was my pride and joy back in the day.

On a more serious note. I feel like the artifact guns just don't match the description that they've got.

The gun with the tusks is the only one I like, but it doesn't really work in this context.
    It's more like something you keep above your fireplace or in a glass case.

The other guns don't really look like some priceless high tech relics capable of untold power either.
    They mostly look like toys. One even looks like an evil decorative gardening tool used by Ming the Merciless.

I don't know... perhaps their animations and projectile fx will bring some improvement,
    but overall I'd say they are mediocre at best.

It's curious that these were the final models, I wonder whose call was that.

And how many years have we been allowed to transmog guns into bows for this very reason? But for some reason Blizzard is so stuck on this warped 'class identity' (my weapon comes from Mimiron? wut?) that they aren't going to allow the gun to be transmogable to Thasdorah.
    You can still transmog the gun into a bow, just not the artifact bow, they work like legendaries.