Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is not true, actually. Need to use brain to take a correct decision, when I was doing Highmaul as Demo, I used to have Harvest Life and Drain Life glyph which made it heal exactly for the same amount as Destro will have in Legion.

Case in point is that healing you got from Drain Life actually completely nullified P1 and P3 Force Nova, so instead of running through and still taking damage - you could just Drain Life and actually completely outheal it while still doing damage.

That is just one case and that is why I know full well what Drain Life can do and with Artifact we will be getting the very same boosted Drain Life I was using to cheese mechanics in Highmaul. As a matter of fact - it will be even better due to Backdraft.

This spell will give you another powerful (and often better) alternative to running away in many cases and it's good to have. Of course you won't be channeling it when you are at 10%, but you know what? Maybe don't get to 10% to begin with?
    I don't but this was the example I was given. So yeah? Its not really survivability when it's putting you in a risky position to begin with? It's not making it so you don't die to that there big raid damage you may have to be soaking. It doesn't make it so that you take less damage overall/get more defencive abilities. It heals you. It is a heal. And one at that that is the main filler for affliction and as blizzard said "lines up well with affliction" destruction warlocks are all about FIRE man... FIRE FUCKING FEL FIRE EVERYWHERE. Why would a destro lock decide "I need to drain this guys life instead of using fire!"? they wouldn't. It's a bad idea. It works for demo... But it definitely doesn't work for destro. And no matter how much you say otherwise. It's just bad... They want unique specs... But throw us this?

Why not be creative and add in new stuff... Because they nerfed what was good and went "ah now we have no ideas how we can make this not be bad... drain life works right? For all three specs? Bit of a mismatch for destruction wouldn't you say? Oh no you're right... Yeah it really fits in with the whole FIRE AND CHAOS theme we got going on there!"

Also healing me is the healers job not mine. When would I ever drain life other than at low HP out of range of a healer (LOL BAD RAIDER ALERT) and not going to cause over healing/mana wasted from the healers? Probably... never. So... great survivability... right there.. uh huh... non filler spell.. very niche usage... Lets also remember that blizzard nerfed ember tap so that destro didnt get out of hand with out stripping healers. Drain life seems like it could easily become a out heal the healers spell for all 3 specs.

TL;DR

Drain life is for affi. Unique specs are not unique if they go back to all sharing the same spells anyway. 1 step forward 10 steps backwards.
    Last edited by Yorindesarin; 2015-11-27 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is quite a bit of difference between Ember Tap and Drain Life when it comes to what is OP or not.

And yes, they could have given us something more unique, I agree with that, but we will have to deal with what we have and my point was not to prove that drain life is the best Destruction spell ever that thematically fits the spec, which is not, but merely point out that 30%HP restored over 6s is, in fact, a pretty powerful and useful defensive ability in raids, even if it's not as dramatic as Ice Block, Dispersion or Deterrence.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is quite a bit of difference between Ember Tap and Drain Life when it comes to what is OP or not.

And yes, they could have given us something more unique, I agree with that, but we will have to deal with what we have and my point was not to prove that drain life is the best Destruction spell ever that thematically fits the spec, which is not, but merely point out that 30%HP restored over 6s is, in fact, a pretty powerful and useful defensive ability in raids, even if it's not as dramatic as Ice Block, Dispersion or Deterrence.
    Well yeah. I get that its strong... But I just can't see myself using it often/at all... When big damage is incoming? Unless raid cooldowns are down which is then fair enough. (though I havent looked into what raid cooldowns are becoming so maybe it will be a bit more than I think it will be. It will also probably be god damn hellish in PvP... I played Demo pre nerf PvP with drain soul harvest life and drain soul glyph. My healer just sat there like "dude take damage?!")

Seriously, we get some amazing artifact talents, and we're bitching about having to use Drain Life to heal?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Seriously, we get some amazing artifact talents, and we're bitching about having to use Drain Life to heal?
    Yes. Because Blizzard are making a huge deal of "unique specs" and "spec identity fitting the theme". They seem to be going one way with X spec/class and completely other directions with warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Homogenized Resources, removal of cool stuff, refusal to explain idiotic things like "Chaotic Magic", readdition of stupid mechanics like Life-Tap.

This is revenge on Xelnath IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    Yes. Because Blizzard are making a huge deal of "unique specs" and "spec identity fitting the theme". They seem to be going one way with X spec/class and completely other directions with warlocks.
    It's one ability. Never mind the dozens of differences between the specs, sharing ONE spell means they aren't unique?

Soulsnatcher if it stays like it is, will be a definite for destro. Pretty much its like tier 18 4 piece.

1st build with all trees not finished and several spells with obvious placeholder text, and people are getting whipped into a frenzy
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    1st build with all trees not finished and several spells with obvious placeholder text, and people are getting whipped into a frenzy
    At what point does it become acceptable to comment then?

Visually I always liked the look of Drain Life. I hate having to burn a precious ember for my self heal. With Life Tap a thing now I'd be glad to have Drain Life back.

Warlocks SHOULD be the tanky caster. We don't have other casters mobility or cc. We get better survivability. I'm cool with that.

Deleted
    I'm happy to see Drain Life back, it's NEVER a bad thing to have options. There have definitely been a few occasions as Demonology where a Drain Life saved my bacon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Last patch of the expansion.

I'm so glad I rerolled away from my warlock for WoD, but was kinda excited to see if Legion was going to make my main fun again.

Shadowburn is a talent?

Demonic Circle now also a talent? Monks keep their superior clone of our ability too?

Soul Link gone?

Life Tap back?

Rain of Fire channeled again?

Mind-numbingly boring talents like "Chaos Bolt returns 25% mana"?

Also what's with all the randomness and procs? Your spells can create beneficial portals? Mastery based on total randomness? Destro was the one spec that had no random procs and now it's artifact is built around them?

Was hoping to come back to warlocks for Legion. Seriously can't believe the changes so far. People said warlocks had been "polished into sterility" for WoD and amazingly what few fun aspects were there have now also been made sterile. So saddened that my main is going to be spending another 2 years on the shelf.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    It's one ability. Never mind the dozens of differences between the specs, sharing ONE spell means they aren't unique?
    Because simply put, its one spell, one resource, several talent options. And if they wanted it to be truely unique and shiny. They could have made it work a much better way for destro. It's pure laziness. I don't get how you don't see that. It's like giving life tap back to destro. We've literally moved back how ever many expansions after blizzard had gone "Yeah we don't really like this stuff on destro." and taken it away. Now they give it back? It makes literally 0 sense when they are pushing for spec identity so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Last patch of the expansion.
    Of the NEXT expansion, that is.

To be honest, Drain life feels off to be on destro and should be replaced with good old Soul Leech.
    Also, from reading the preliminary talents for the Artifact, I still don't see why Destrolocks should be encouraged to use the imp over any other pet.
    Last edited by Walterion; 2015-11-28 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
    Of the NEXT expansion, that is.
    That's what I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Comment, now is fine. Freaking out, I'd say we're a build or two behind time for that.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

i think blizz has to finish the spec, right now its like 60% right there, look there are talents that are useless literally useless, drainlife is useless for destro im sry for those pro drainlife kids, but u wont be ever using drainlife as destro not in pvp or pve, there are talents that are so bad like reverse emthropy, why the hell would i want 25% mana back when i have life tap??????????????

souleach being so weak and so bad it shouldnt even be in that teir, shadowfury nerfed to the ground, our cc and mobility has beeing gutted again, no way bro blizz needs to stop working on those DH and fix they mess with destro locks, we need a reliable self-heal cuse we are locks, some self peeling tools and our DC as baseline again.

and GOD plz remove gateway let it die in piece, i hate it i had always hate it most of locks hates it why keep it up? and then put a artifact talent to be mandatory on it?
    why the fuck do u get thinks that no one likes and push it forward and make it mandatory to have?????????????????????.

our lvl 100 talents theres only 1 opcion there, unless demon fire does a ridicolous dmgs i wont be taking it or DS, tell me why do u keep pushing the DS on destro?? man no body likes having a doom guard dealing 30-40% of their dmgs, its really bad desition to put so much dmgs on a pet rework that god danm talent or remove it its awful

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    refusal to explain idiotic things like "Chaotic Magic"
    Chaos was a spell school from wc3 attributed to pretty much all the legion mobs.

Not exactly new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I'm happy to see Drain Life back, it's NEVER a bad thing to have options. There have definitely been a few occasions as Demonology where a Drain Life saved my bacon..
    I don't recall you ever saving me.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorindesarin View Post
    Remember in WoD beta when we were complaining about them taking away spells from the specs in order to make them distinct? Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Chaos was a spell school from wc3 attributed to pretty much all the legion mobs.

Not exactly new.
    Yeah, the whole point of felfire is that it's supposed to be emblematic of chaotic, wanton destruction. It's a difficult thing to translate to a game mechanic (either when wielded by or against the player), and I think the new mastery is a suitable way to deliver the flavour without having a seriously detrimental effect on the overall situation.

And the Scepter of Sargeras seems really cool to me. The portals make sense because of its lore-associated past usage, and the flavour is metal as all hell no matter what it translates to ingame (your spells are punching holes in reality!). The rest is all very Archimonde-feeling, what with the rain of fire infernals and doomfire and whatnot, which I'm certainly not going to complain about.