Page 1 of 2
LastLast

D&D: Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral?

I'm been thinking of my Dungeons and Dragons character for a while, because I want him to be very complex. I am however issues on what to make his alignment. He is a Silver Dragonborn Ranger loyal to the other party members. I want to make him a good character, but I also want to make him a pushover.

So should I make him Lawful Good, Chaotic Good or Lawful Neutral? I honestly can't decide whatsoever.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonborn I find are generally EXTREMELY honorable characters. Which I think would put them in at least the "Good" category. But honorable actions aren't always the same as lawful actions.

Being a Ranger I would say Neutral Good would likely suit him the best.

http://easydamus.com/neutralgood.html A good summary.

"Neutral good characters will always attempt to work within the law, but sometimes recognize the need to disobey laws for the greater good." an Important part.

I generally only ever play Lawful good if I am a Paladin or Cleric.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2015-12-05 at 02:52 AM.

Aren't Rangers required to be Chaotic? Or did that restriction go away in one of the last 38920 editions?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Dragonborn I find are generally EXTREMELY honorable characters. Which I think would put them in at least the "Good" category. But honorable actions aren't always the same as lawful actions.

Being a Ranger I would say Neutral Good would likely suit him the best.

http://easydamus.com/neutralgood.html A good summary.
    Neutral Good seems pretty good of an option as well. May definitely consider that, does the party members he works with effect his alignment as well (A rogue, warlock and fighter) among some possible additional players squeezed in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Aren't Rangers required to be Chaotic? Or did that restriction go away in one of the last 38920 editions?
    5th Edition does not have any alignment restrictions on any classes.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I have 5e if that gives an indication, but I'm relatively new to D&D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I have 5e if that gives an indication, but I'm relatively new to D&D
    If your book looks like this:

you have 5th Edition.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Huh. So I could make a chaotic evil paladin?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

If your book looks like this:

you have 5th Edition.
    Okay then. I've planning on doing my first official game with my new group either Tuesday or Wednesday. Fingers crossed that it won't be awkward and will make good memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorta? The paladin options in the PHB all have "oaths" and they strongly lean in the "good guy" direction. The DMG has an "oath-breaker paladin" who yes, could be chaotic evil without question.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Chaotic evil Paladin sounds like a Deathknight.

Yup chaoslord pally.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Chaotic evil Paladin sounds like a Deathknight.
    I would make a Catholic joke, but I don't want to get infracted...

I really haven't played since 3rd edition but from what I'm reading of the paladin class in 5th edition it sounds like: "You can be any alignment you want as long as you want to be good."
    Signature not found

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Chaotic Good is the best alignment.
    What is your alignment? D:

http://ct.weirdnutdaily.com/ol/wn/sw...3708d4e353.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Given the penalties for not following the alignment and this was 20y ago I would say play safe.
    No attachments ;p

Nothing beats having a lawful good priest in your party with 6 roll in INT hrhr. He made a funny jail experience quite memorable with me and another Evil Neutral
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Given the penalties for not following the alignment and this was 20y ago I would say play safe.
    No attachments ;p

Nothing beats having a lawful good priest in your party with 6 roll in INT hrhr. He made a funny jail experience quite memorable with me and another Evil Neutral
    Rape is not funny.

Rape is not funny.
    Do I sense a little bit of D&DXXX in here?

Fighting through all those ignorant young high elves who want to get As on their tests and are willing to do anything for it (cue bad script writing).

15+ Year Old Account
    Rape is not funny.
    It was actually a case of <spell of making everyone smaller>and a curse on two of us making us into 'Pinocchio' with large enough noses so we could not squeeze out the jail bars as everyone else.

I get nostalgic now, this was at a time when everyone were virgins and alco sodas haden't hit the market yet.
    And with INT roll 6 he didnt see the purpose of all of us getting away from murder charges
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It was actually a case of <spell of making everyone smaller>and a curse on two of us making us into 'Pinocchio' with large enough noses so we could not squeeze out the jail bars as everyone else.

I get nostalgic now, this was at a time when everyone were virgins and alco sodas haden't hit the market yet.
    And with INT roll 6 he didnt see the purpose of all of us getting away
    Bakis drops soap INT roll 6 to not pick it up.