Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is stupid. If it's random "activists" complaining, they can fuck off. If it's "sponsors of 'ebonics'" they should learn to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    As long as we're having this thread, Bigzo can you clarify something: why do so many black people talk differently and practically have their own language? I know black people who talk like normal people, so why is this trend so popular?
    Ask John Cena. He's the masta of thuganomics, so I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Sounds like another case of SJWs coming to the defense of black people over something that isn't even offending them.
    HUMAN SHIELDING is a very powerful tactic.

Its a method of defense drawing upon misdirection, ignorance, hypocrisy, and of course emotion.

A radical ideal has to stand upon its own foundation when presented for debate.

But a radical ideal combined with an identity group now no longer stands upon its own foundation but instead the foundation of perpetual victim-hood.

The traditional model of this type of human shielding was typically found only in the political arena where tyrants would use it with precision to accomplish a goal.

But in an era where "being offended" has become a staple of American culture we are now seeing the tactic being utilized at random by the products of that offense-centric culture.

These people have nothing better to do, they have no ability to achieve, they are in essence utter failures.

But they can bitch cry moan and complain about any random thing and bind an identity to it ...no matter how irrelevant.

And in this era, sadly, some think that gives a person value.

This is a great video which explains evaluates the SJW condition and offers up the truest explanation of its origin that I've heard.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

it is just the professional victim SJW PC crowd looking for anything and everything to justify their claims of permanate victimization

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we're having this thread, Bigzo can you clarify something: why do so many black people talk differently and practically have their own language? I know black people who talk like normal people, so why is this trend so popular?
    They do?

I mean, I guess some in the south got the hillbilly thing going but that's the thing down there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Can I find it dumb because "Who dat" just flows much better?

Meh. Someone being outraged on behalf of someone else. Especially funny when the outrage over being painted black and orange shows up, despite those being the team colors.
    WHO DAT= Who is that saying they are going to beat the saints.

WHO DEY= Who are they saying are going to beat the Bengals?

Get outta here Van

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    WHO DAT= Who is that saying they are going to beat the saints.

WHO DEY= Who are they saying are going to beat the Bengals?

Get outta here Van
    No way, who dat just sounds better. It's more forceful than ending in a glide. Not about the sentence, just about the sounds

They do?

I mean, I guess some in the south got the hillbilly thing going but that's the thing down there.
    You don't find it's a common thing for black people to mutate words from like "them" to "dem"? (that's not exclusive to blacks, i've actually noticed this in dutch people).

idk, call me crazy, just seems like it's a "black thing" to talk say things like "dat", at least as far as our society sees it. maybe it's a lot less common though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    At least olay olay olay has a nice flow to it :d
    "Who dey saying going to beat dem bengals"? doesn't have a flow to it?

It's a much need exclamation point when they shit is blasting on the speakers...

I don't know the lyrics by heart, I swear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I judge "who dey" not offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    give rope to the easily offended and they will hang you with it, simple as that.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    so ebonics is of·fen·sive now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is offensive...to us Saints fans. Go get your own saying!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't find it's a common thing for black people to mutate words from like "them" to "dem"? (that's not exclusive to blacks, i've actually noticed this in dutch people).

idk, call me crazy, just seems like it's a "black thing" to talk say things like "dat", at least as far as our society sees it. maybe it's a lot less common though.
    I've never seen it. I've only seen different talk in the deep south. And even then, it's more geographic than anything. You could probably plob a black person from Chicago and put him in Atlanta and it would be an adjustment as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The only reason people beleive that is because the Saints rebounded from a dismal 90s era faster than the Bungles did, which lead to nationwide notoriety.

In a general sense its a reflection of poor education both in the private and public areas.

The poor use of language isn't unique to Blacks of course as you can find similar "slack-jawed" dialects in any poor or lesser educated region of any race of people from anywhere on Earth.

Speaking is a skill like any other and as with any skill there are people who will half-ass it because they're either too stupid or too lazy to get it right.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen it. I've only seen different talk in the deep south. And even then, it's more geographic than anything. You could probably plob a black person from Chicago and put him in Atlanta and it would be an adjustment as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason people beleive that is because the Saints rebounded from a dismal 90s era faster than the Bungles did, which lead to nationwide notoriety.
    You can put anyone from Chicago in Atlanta and it would be an adjustment. For some silly reason people in the South tend to get us confused with Bostonians despite the fact that we can pronounce the letter R.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Well the author of that article says we stole it from "Black English" so that's where.
    But isn't the entirety of "Black English" is stolen from English?

MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Bengals were using "Who dey" before the Saints started using "Who dat".

Being a Browns fan, I know these things. I also know what failure looks like, and I get to re-experience it every goddamn year because Cleveland is sports hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im of the opinion that language isnt the property of anyone. It can be used mostly by a demographic, but it isnt theirs to control. Dont use it in an offensive manner meant to make fun of that culture, and everythings fine.

Which, btw, "Whose Dat" and "Whos Dey" arent meant to harm or make fun of a culture so...

most football fans in Ohio are just Ohio State most Bengal fans are in Kentucky
    i miss living in the natti, bengals fans are a lot less obnoxious than all these ohio state fans that live here in columbus.

OT, I've never heard anyone living in ohio say they were offended by "who dey". If they are saying it's offensive to blacks, i would say based on the large black population in cincinnati, it was probably started by black people, just based on the demographic of the city. /shrug either way, who cares, there are more offensive things in football racial or otherwise that are better spent focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    In a general sense its a reflection of poor education both in the private and public areas.

The poor use of language isn't unique to Blacks of course as you can find similar "slack-jawed" dialects in any poor or lesser educated region of any race of people from anywhere on Earth.

Speaking is a skill like any other and as with any skill there are people who will half-ass it because they're either too stupid or too lazy to get it right.
    It depends on the location. White people in the south do it too. It doesn't necessarily mean someone is lazy or stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    i miss living in the natti, bengals fans are a lot less obnoxious than all these ohio state fans that live here in columbus.

OT, I've never heard anyone living in ohio say they were offended by "who dey". If they are saying it's offensive to blacks, i would say based on the large black population in cincinnati, it was probably started by black people, just based on the demographic of the city. /shrug either way, who cares, there are more offensive things in football racial or otherwise that are better spent focusing on.
    Try living in Iowa.

Everything in this dismal state is NFC North and Steeler rags. The only fan base I can tolerate at the bars are Packers fans, but it's almost impossible to hate Packer fans.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2015-12-09 at 11:03 PM.