Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thorvath View Post
    one time when I was kicked for voting against kicking somebody else.
    Reminds me of that mage yesterday in timewalking that tried to vote kick the tank for skipping the mushroom boss in old kingdom, while he as a mage was doing 5% of the total group dps. Obviously I voted no for kicking the tank and said openly on chat I won't kick the tank that is just fine, in the end tank did "revenge vote" to kick the mage and tbh I agreed cuz the guy was mostly afk on follow anyway, 5% of the group dps really? And then you want the optional bosses too?

Btw I didn't mind doing optional bosses when I joined premade group for badge farming, I just wanted my weekly on a dps char that can't shorten the queue by respeccing tank or heal (which I do for example on shaman I might not like resto but that faster queue...), so their group their rules, and the group was super fast anyway. But in random pugs you generally go for fastest completion so you can tick off your 5 tws per char.

Each time i run Time walking without guild and not on my tank it’s a nightmare, people don’t listen, they are rude to others and most important they believe because they are 100 with descent gear they can zerg dungeons and they forget that gear scale to 80 level and with current stats missing a lot of the stats was needed at 80 level, also they keep ignoring debuffs, tactics and to be aware if tank or healer is not 100 and well known the dungeons.

Tbh NONE can blame blizzard for brainless players, the only think we can blame blizzard is the way they turn ppl into horny, ambitious and rude runners (not raiders) and if i got a better way to get valor points LFG/LFR would be my non exist option.

I realy miss Vanila players and TBC raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Timewalking much hard:
    http://puu.sh/mrBuy/96461a6965.jpg
    Congrats on being able to Mind Controll an OP pet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatorri View Post
    Each time i run Time walking without guild and not on my tank it’s a nightmare, people don’t listen, they are rude to others and most important they believe because they are 100 with descent gear they can zerg dungeons and they forget that gear scale to 80 level and with current stats missing a lot of the stats was needed at 80 level, also they keep ignoring debuffs, tactics and to be aware if tank or healer is not 100 and well known the dungeons.

Tbh NONE can blame blizzard for brainless players, the only think we can blame blizzard is the way they turn ppl into horny, ambitious and rude runners (not raiders) and if i got a better way to get valor points LFG/LFR would be my non exist option.

I realy miss Vanila players and TBC raids.
    I blame blizzard for reworking dispels and making Keristrasza encounter a huge pain in the ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

No issues, really. Fast pace, few wipes.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're pretty easy overall but I'd say the BC ones are much (MUCH) easier compared to what they were when current and the WotLK ones are a bit harder by comparison.

Zakuun & Mannoroth Trinket as BDK.
    Not sure about Discordant Chorus because the fucker refuses to drop for me, but EDH does not scale well at lower ilvls and imo isn't worth it. You'll get a lot more damage out of Anzu's or BFD.

Also, Blood DK, yep, that'd do it. You motherfuckers with your stupid scaling health from spending RP. *grumble grumble* Not like I can talk though, no other tank has a CD that's even close to Holy Avenger for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Umm, what? Designing a system that lets content be challenging (when you want it to be) and stay (somewhat) relivant all the time is never a bad thing. Hell, once they fully get the bugs worked out of the scaling tech that timewalking works on, it will be one of the best things that has ever happened to WoW.

Having a game where 100% of the content can (sort of) always be considered relivant and a challenge is always better then having a game where 95% of the content is forgotten and largely ignored 10 seconds after you are done with it, and only the newest, latest shiny gets any attention.
    I agree that all the content should be relevant all the times, and timewalking tech is a good way to do it. As i said... great concept, bad implementation. That has always been my idea even before timewalking was a thing.

In my opinion there are two problems here:
    - First, the challenge is just a consequence of bad scaling.
    - Second, is still old content that we already did before.

When i say that challenge needs to be in new content i mean that i rather have a few new dungeons each patch with different difficulties than having old dungeons turned into timewalking dungeons and sold as something special once a month.

Of course, timewalking should be just how every dungeon in the game works, always aviable once you reach the min. level for that dungeon and a few incentives for max level players. Challenge should not be added/removed just because it becomes a timewalking dungeon, but we could also talk about 'heroic timewalking' for TBC+ dungeons.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I blame blizzard for reworking dispels and making Keristrasza encounter a huge pain in the ass
    Except the stacking dot from that does hardly any damage.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

790 timewalking bosses ... no mount ... the droprate is way too low and the pit is too hard tuned for random tanks and healer.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Ive pretty much started skipping Pit of Saron in this TW and if I got the 30 min debuff - just switch to my other TW runner char to wait it out

Tyrannus was overtuned, the one-shotting is ridiculous (even while he isnt under Unholy Power) and he has too much hp as well I feel .. but mostly the one-shotting

obviously he is beatable (and faceroll in BiS gear), but your average LFD grp stuggles A LOT on him, Id rather spare myself

everything else was easy

so far Ive identified 3 culprits

TBC - Arcatraz
    Wrath - Tyrannus
    Cata - some of the Echo bosses (Baine ?) in End Time

Im rather considering skipping all Saron in future Wrath TW, Arcatraz not sure, maybe not so bad .. End Time was bad, but IIRC they buffed the downscaled ilvl later to 350, will see

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Or just play a paladin and have active mitigation up for the whole fight, because Holy Avenger is balanced for 5 mans.
    how so ? HA lasts ~18 seconds with a 2 min CD
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2016-01-12 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks for the advice, but those are the only trinkets I have (beside some brf heroic trinkets)
    If you have Blast Furnace Door from BRF, that thing is actually pretty beastly in TW. Even Evergaze Arcane Eidolon from Highmaul is really good.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    After trying to heal 5 timewalking dungeons this morning I gave up out of frustration.
    I have to pop burst heal CD's on TRASH just to help us survive because people don't understand even the very basics of running a proper dungeon.

Running Timewalking Dungeons on a healer is appearently about educating the Tank and the DPS how an actual "challenging" dungeon should be played.
    Dps standing in front of mobs, Ranged standing in melee range of mobs (?), Tanks pulling everything they see and not face enemies away from the group, etc. etc.

Timewalking dungeons aren't overtuned and very doable, even in a respactable pace without having to worry about wipes. But I don't think that the current playerbase can handle this very well at all...
    Guess I'll just farm on a dps again just to avoid the frustration of being the only one in the group that works his butt off (aka healer) >.>
    Sorry, but if you find those dungeons to be actual challenging dungeons... then you are the problem. I've been healing them on my holy pally, disc priest, and mistweaver without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Ive pretty much started skipping Pit of Saron in this TW and if I got the 30 min debuff - just switch to my other TW runner char to wait it out

Tyrannus was overtuned, the one-shotting is ridiculous (even while he isnt under Unholy Power) and he has too much hp as well I feel .. but mostly the one-shotting

obviously he is beatable (and faceroll in BiS gear), but your average LFD grp stuggles A LOT on him, Id rather spare myself

everything else was easy

so far Ive identified 3 culprits

TBC - Arcatraz
    Wrath - Tyrannus
    Cata - some of the Echo bosses (Baine ?) in End Time

Im rather considering skipping all Saron in future Wrath TW, Arcatraz not sure, maybe not so bad .. End Time was bad, but IIRC they buffed the downscaled ilvl later to 350, will see

how so ? HA lasts ~18 seconds with a 2 min CD
    With HA up each use of a generator gives 3 Holy Power. With a 1 second GCD, (which you won't have in TW without heroism, but you can get decently close with Seraphim active) and perfect RNG, you can use 18 SOTRs during HA's 18 second duration. That's 54 seconds of coverage, or 36 at the end of HA. And it's not like you're going to stop using SOTR after HA ends, so you can extend that for awhile.

If you really want SOTR coverage, you could go EMP Seals with HA and 4PT18 and you can literally get SOTR to last until HA comes back up, achieving a true 100% uptime. But really that's not necessary. With my full TW set and a single target spec with HA+Seraphim, I top out at ~20k DPS, so the boss is dead long before my SOTR runs out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another problem now... Groups asking for bis TW sets lol, also started skipping pit of saron.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2016-01-12 at 08:13 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Pit of Saron is the rare case where it feels EXACTLY like it did back in Wrath. Pretty damn difficult if you didn't know all tactics.

Worked well for me until our rogue felt it's super important to be a tryhard DPS and pop a deep insight full trinket Killing Spree under the effect of Brand on Tyrannus. The health of our tank went down so fast that Tyrannus was hitting air in confusion for a couple of seconds.

I wouldnt mind the Tyrannus difficulty if I only had to clear several times at most per 1 event to get/have a chance at any potential rewards

but considering that you have to kills thousands of bosses and even then you might not see the Infinite Drake .. yeah, Id rather skip any headache

I dont even mind the rest of Saron, bosses 1 & 2 are tuned ok, even with stupid melee DPS dying to poison nova on 2-nd (or some dying saronite throws on 1-st), you usually have 1 or 2 ranged left to peck the boss to death and Ive never had any real problems with the uphill gauntlet/tunnel leading to the last boss, rather enjoyed that actually

but:

1) the stupid Tyrannus one-shots on virtually anything under 40k hp, tank or not, defensive stance or not, didnt seem to matter (not always, but often .. sometimes I got taken to ~50% hp, sometimes to 0% hp from 95-100% hp, still not sure of the cause, active mitigation cant be making a 2x difference in dmg ? this was without unholy power)
    2) running all the way back from beginning back though the tunnel after a Tyrannus wipe

no thx

in End Time at least you get back to the Echo boss faster if you wipe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pit of Saron is the rare case where it feels EXACTLY like it did back in Wrath. Pretty damn difficult if you didn't know all tactics.

Worked well for me until our rogue felt it's super important to be a tryhard DPS and pop a deep insight full trinket Killing Spree under the effect of Brand on Tyrannus. The health of our tank went down so fast that Tyrannus was hitting air in confusion for a couple of seconds.
    What's scary about the current playerbase is that they don't learn from mistakes. Wiped 4 times on Tyrannus and the 5th time i was strongly compelled to tell them that when they get the brand debuff they should stop all actions.

Why did they bother implementing the adventure guide? It even opens at the right dungeon when you click on it once. Boggles the mind how apathetic and lacking in initiative some people are. It's like they're shutting down their brains when they log in and just mash buttons.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Another problem now... Groups asking for bis TW sets
    Yeah, if you try to find a premade group it starts like "link your legendaries for inv". Anyway I joined on my hunter (zero legendaries, didn't play this char in MOP for cape) some premade group for badge farming with description "bad dps = kick" and no one kicked me and I was even doing more damage than their mage, probably because blademaster trinket is actually good for timewalks.

Anyway groups will always ask for stupid requirements... 700+ and curve for normal hfc? 720+ for mythic dungeons? Even stupid ilvls for garrison invasions if someone is still farming them? Nothing new here...

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    What's scary about the current playerbase is that they don't learn from mistakes. Wiped 4 times on Tyrannus and the 5th time i was strongly compelled to tell them that when they get the brand debuff they should stop all actions.

Why did they bother implementing the adventure guide? It even opens at the right dungeon when you click on it once. Boggles the mind how apathetic and lacking in initiative some people are. It's like they're shutting down their brains when they log in and just mash buttons.
    The adventure guide is not well designed. It doesn't tell someone in five seconds what they need to do, and in a LFD pug you're not going to be given five minutes to read and digest the thing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"