Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh, look... Felix Baumgartner is in on the conspiracy, as well!

Goddamnit. Is there anyone anywhere who isn't in on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Vsauce? The Vsauce says it's possible that the Earth is flat?
    He gave a good arguement why for that yes.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

you know, just because they say its flat, it doesnt mean there is no gravity.. walking towards the edge will just mean will results in making it to the other side of the world faster........ depending on where you are going..... and where you are starting from

:/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Where?

Also, do you have any input on why so many people out there seem to be in on this conspiracy, and making up all these videos and imagery of an oblate spheroid -shaped Earth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Oh, look... Felix Baumgartner is in on the conspiracy, as well!

Goddamnit. Is there anyone anywhere who isn't in on it?
    Nope but he could be wrong based on a belief people assume.

Deleted
    Nope but he could be wrong based on a belief people assume.
    ...do you not see the Earth behind the dude there? You're claiming that it's CGI, right?

I mean, you can see, with your own eyes, an Earth that is absolutely not flat, but you don't believe that, so you're absolutely claiming that it's absolutely made up and a hoax. Why is that? Why do so many people belong to this conspiracy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you say that, but I think it ignores that people are and as history shows once people are convinced if something they defend it. Flat earthers I guess are challenging that.
    You've got it the wrong way around.

We went from assuming/believing one state (flat Earth), to knowing another state (round Earth), and we did this by actually testing if our original assumption/belief was true, which it wasn't.

He doesn't really. I just saw the video. The video is basically just talking about the misconception and why it's bullshit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    "I do love arguments that revolve around everyone in [a government agency] being [mainly a bunch of people reporting what the blinky lights and data mean according to how they were taught to interpret that data]." Right? And there was wind blowing that flag on the moon. Well not if we accept a variety of more complex explanations instead of wind, but that would bring us back to the point about seeing what we want to see. Now, I'm going to stick my finger in the water and wonder why it doesn't hurt when it bends like that. Because seeing is believing.
    It's not wind... Waving a flag or sticking a flag in the ground causes the flag to move, regardless of wind. That's your assumption of wind, instead of dispersing of energy. Every action (sticking a flag in the ground) has an equal positive or negative reaction (flag moving).

It would also not only be a government conspiracy of the entire world, but a navigational one, transportation one, weather, time zones, plate tectonics, magnetism, energy, theory of relativity.............. You don't even seem to recognize the sort of ramifications your assumption means....
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted

I'm guessing you mean this video. You might want to watch it again, fully. It's actually 100% against this flat Earth bullshit.

So... You gave me the elbow that is Vsauce, and I just used it to drop it on your face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    He doesn't really. I just saw the video. The video is basically just talking about the misconception and why it's bullshit.
    I don't agree I think he saying it's possible. So am I.

Wait Mall Security are you a flat earther or are you an agnostic flat earther leaning towards neither side of the debate?

You're like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow to educated debaters. Rest in peace you brave soul.

Deleted
    I don't agree I think he saying it's possible. So am I.
    No he's not. Watch the video again and try to understand it.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm guessing you mean this video. You might want to watch it again, fully. It's actually 100% against this flat Earth bullshit.

So... You gave me the elbow that is Vsauce, and I just used it to drop it on your face.
    He doesn't say that " flat earth is bullshit" and I've watched the video.

Deleted
    He doesn't say that and I've watched the video.
    Well then it's completely clear that you absolutely haven't understood it, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you say that, but I think it ignores that people are and as history shows once people are convinced if something they defend it. Flat earthers I guess are challenging that.
    No, the evidance he is proving would even mean your PC monitor wouldn't work, as it contradicts how RGB phosphors work. His theory attacks everything from gravity to basics of physics to theory of relativity.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Here's Michael, not making fun of flat-Earthers, at all:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    you know, just because they say its flat, it doesnt mean there is no gravity.. walking towards the edge will just mean will results in making it to the other side of the world faster........ depending on where you are going..... and where you are starting from
    It does negate gravity of earth and gravity of the sun and intertia. Gravity depends on circular earth, as otherwise the edge of the earth would have a different gravitational pull than the center.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    you know, just because they say its flat, it doesnt mean there is no gravity
    No, it would just mean that gravity as we know it doesn't exist, at all.

No, it would just mean that gravity as we know it doesn't exist, at all.
    Many flat earthers also believe the entirety of the universe sits upon a flat plane with neighboring planets and celestial bodies only resting along an X axis. The force above known as aether and the force below known as nether.

At least, I hope this isn't the generally accepted theory because I feel stupider even typing it. The entire universe just a big sheet of paper with a baby mobile spinning over it.