Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    All the attention was on Ridley, as he was the favorite target. I imagine a lot of the game planning was on shutting him down, which is why Mackenzie was covering him. Howard was just the TE that was ignored for most of the season, typically used in blocking schemes for runs to the outside or quick outs, not long bombs.
    Mackenzie wasn't in the game for any of the busted coverages. Rewatch the plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Mackenzie wasn't in the game for any of the busted coverages. Rewatch the plays.
    I'm aware. I'm speaking of game plan. And even if he was, he's covering Ridley, not OJ Howard.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

You don't understand how pass coverage works do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't understand how pass coverage works do you?
    What is man to man and zone. Clemson likes to let their lock-down corners go man to man so they can stack the box, especially when an offense is as run-heavy as the Tide likes to be, historically.

First TD for OJ, you had 2 set on top with Stewart and OJ. Stewart played short, and his man stayed home. The other defender, Tankersley, stayed zone instead of going man to man and lost Howard. C Rid was on the other side of the field. Now, MA isn't going to cover C Rid every play, but I imagine he'd be on the other side for that play, as he holds the other side of the field from Tankersley, playing Revis Island style of defense against what is perceived to be Alabama's strongest long-ball receiver.

2nd TD for OJ, Tankersley got burned bad, plain and simple. AM wouldn't fix that, as he plays opposite side.

3rd big play for OJ, he just got some great blocks and beat Baker around the edge.

So yeah. Teach me about that coverage, Great One, cause those blown plays would probably still have happened either way.
    Last edited by Jun; 2016-01-15 at 08:31 AM.
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

You dont get that a 1st round NFL draft pick was off the field and a walk on was on the field in his place in the secondary. That doesn't matter? How did that go over your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont get that a 1st round NFL draft pick was off the field and a walk on was on the field in his place in the secondary. That doesn't matter? How did that go over your head.
    11-1=?

Unless you think that 1 guy can cover every inch of that field at once (protip: he can't), that's not game breaking for those specific plays, as the position he played was not where the play was being made, but on the other side of the field.

Would his return have impacted the game? Absolutely.

Those 3 plays? Probably not.
    Last edited by Jun; 2016-01-16 at 10:06 AM.
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde...tmare_cou.html

One last update. A movie about the Kohlhausen is being talked about. Thats...actually hillarious. REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

Although not as hillarious as all the salty comments from UO fans on that website...

10+ Year Old Account
    National signing day and no one had anything to add today? Sad state of this thread!

Every off season I think about paying more attention to College Football and this year is no different. I've always had a soft spot for Michigan, since it's Brady's college, and since Harbaugh has at least brought it back from being a total dump I decided I'm going to try and follow their games this year and be a good fan.

So, Michigan did alright from what I can tell and managed to get the top rated recruit in teh country, which is always nice. The dude being a DT though I suspect his impact will not be all that great compared to landing a top notch QB or something. We'll (hopefully) see though.

Anyone else have some interesting stories about Signing Day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only things I really know is Texas got a huge amount of high-star prospects, but Alabama wins again.

The problem is, if you really want to pay attention to signings for college, you have to know who they are in high school. And really, who has the patience and time for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Only things I really know is Texas got a huge amount of high-star prospects, but Alabama wins again.

The problem is, if you really want to pay attention to signings for college, you have to know who they are in high school. And really, who has the patience and time for that?
    I'm thinking it's mostly just checking the star rating a recruit has, and then being delighted if your team "won" by getting more good recruits than your rivals.

You'd have to be aware of what players graduated/signed up for the draft, what positions that leaves open, what recruits you have from previous years that should be ready to step up, what team areas were weak last year that need reinforcing. I don;t think many college fans are, they just want to have something to cheer for.

Depending on how serious my interest for College Football goes this year I'll probably start having some ideas about that for Michigan next year, but right now I'm just "Cool, they got someone really good".

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, too busy dancing over Texas rocking signing day! Boo ya! Only needs we didnt exactly fill was a few O line positions. A big part of signing day is knowing if you got your holes filled or not. For us, that was a lot on D to help Malik. Also, Top QB prospect in Texas in Buechele.

Also, I will drag you here if I have to xskarm. Its fun!
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-02-04 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess with that in mind, how'd we do? I'm not seeing a replacement quarterback, or an offensive line capable of generating a run game with these star running backs.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what Im reading, Florida was kinda...average. Other SEC teams did a LOT better. ALso, Bielma called florida the "new Ole Miss'

Note: TCU had the highest recruitment class this year ins school's history. They replaced their absolutely decimated defense this year, and grabed some decent WR to replace our star graduating offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    From what Im reading, Florida was kinda...average. Other SEC teams did a LOT better. ALso, Bielma called florida the "new Ole Miss'
    Ole Miss has the offense, we have the defense. Let's just put it together for a top 5 team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ole Miss has the offense, we have the defense. Let's just put it together for a top 5 team.
    Wonder twin powers, activate?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand ESPN going on and on about Michigan and how they had such a huge event...when they actually went down a spot from last year in recruiting. They just love loudmouth coaches baha
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't understand ESPN going on and on about Michigan and how they had such a huge event...when they actually went down a spot from last year in recruiting. They just love loudmouth coaches baha
    It was a ploy to pull in more recruits, nothing more.

We did ok, but 3rd in the ACC means shit, since the ACC is still only the 6th or 7th best conference in the country. I'm a little shocked we kept Bruce, thought he'd flip since Jordan Scarlett flipped to Florida last season, but seeing as Florida has no potential on offense at all, kid made the smart choice. We did lose Tyler Bird, but that's just the classic case of his recruiting coach having left (Larry Scott) and he followed him to Tennessee. Bruce is a perfect compliment to Lawrence Cager, the only thing stopping us from running the tables and winning a national championship is the fact we have no secondary at all. Artie went pro (moms died, has to handle shit), Howard (5* we flipped from florida was absolutely trash anyways) and Deon Bush were both seniors. Crawford was a converted running back.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably cause the event was for a good cause and they collected $110.000. Everyone is on the same side when it comes to cancer, so it's something everyone can get behind.

In a way I think it's pretty nice. There's apparently a TON of media attention for these signing day events, and Michigan turned it into a fundraiser for a good cause. That's a not a bad precedence to set.

The actual quality of the class is another case, and I'm sure that if all the programmes had done a charity event for something that Michigan would have gotten appropriate attention instead of this skewed version.

We'll see what happens next year and further to see if it's a 1 time thing or if it sticks and continues and spreads.

Michigan's 2015 class: Composite 37
    Michigan's 2016 class: Composite 5

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Foo...teTeamRankings
    http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Foo...teTeamRankings

FYI composite rankings are an average of all 4 major recruiting services(ESPN, 247, Rivals and Scout) but Michigans 2016 class is rated way higher individually on every service. Also composite rankings only take into account the top 20 recruits, so Michigan signing 29 has little to do with it. What are you talking about they went down?

Michigan landed the #1 player in the country(not just the number 1 player, the first player ever to start #1 on every single service and never fall), Michigan landed 7 top 100 players which is tied for the most of any teams with Alabama and Florida State.

It's not that Harbaugh is a loudmouth coach, it's that he's a rockstar and elite coach. It's that he brought in multiple recruits ESPN is high on. It's that he had a breakthrough event that had film break down of recruits on a stage on NSD. You're right though, just because he is a "loudmouth" are you a referee that he yelled at for a stupid call by chance?
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-02-08 at 01:34 AM.

People don't understand the potential that Harbaugh has at Michigan. There are no academic restrictions there to limit him like he had at Stanford. He can recruit idiots that can't read but can play football now. The dude took a shit team in the 49ers to 3 straight playoffs including a Super Bowl. He's an amazing coach and will do big things at Michigan.