Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

I've never followed politics my whole life..no idea what a liberal/conservative is.

Am I terrible person?

Not knowing something doesn't make you a terrible person.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I don't think being ignorant has much to do with being a good person or a bad person. It probably doesn't say great things about your intellect though.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't think being ignorant has much to do with being a good person or a bad person. It probably doesn't say great things about your intellect though.
    I like learning stuff, but politics is one of those areas that bored me to death.

Deleted
    you're a good person in my book

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you're a good person in my book
    I love you too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I like learning stuff, but politics is one of those areas that bored me to death.
    I'm pretty much the same. I just can't be arsed with politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    not knowing something has nothing to do with intellect... perhaps in your social circles knowing something like that is a trivial and expected, but there is no doubt there are plenty of other places where your intellect would be labelled as "lacking"

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Not knowing something doesn't make you a terrible person.
    True, it also doesn't mean that he isn't.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    not knowing something has nothing to do with intellect... perhaps in your social circles knowing something like that is a trivial and expected, but there is no doubt there are plenty of other places where your intellect would be labelled as "lacking"
    You should reread my post.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Not bothering to learn about something that impacts your life as an adult does reflect your intellect. Somewhere in childhood you should learn some basics and keep growing your knowledge from there. If you are going to go through life with your head down and never wonder why things are the way they are or how they happen you are kinda an idiot.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not bothering to learn about something that impacts your life as an adult does reflect your intellect. Somewhere in childhood you should learn some basics and keep growing your knowledge from there. If you are going to go through life with your head down and never wonder why things are the way they are or how they happen you are kinda an idiot.
    It also just shows a real lack of ability to absorb information. The world we live in leaves us bombarded with political information. Not grasping the very basics is a pretty good indicator that someone isn't real bright. Having a general disinterest in some topics (such as politics, history, and science) is also generally an indictment of someone's intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that just means you are equal to almost every American in not knowing the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liberal meaning to be open and embracing of change and progress. Conservative meaning to conserve and keep things status quo, meaning traditions and whatever else.

Left typically means liberal, right typically means conservative, however left vs right can be used to measure how conservative someone might be or how liberal might be, which is where Extreme left and Extreme Right come from.

If you are in the States Republicans are Considered Right and Conservative, and Democrats are Considered Left. However Democrats and Republican do NOT have to either be Liberal or Conservative, there are Some Republicans who USED to be Liberal, and there are some Democrats who are very Conservative they are called Blue Dogs.

In Canada There is literally a Liberal and Conservative party, and they mean exactly what their name suggest, however there is the New Democratic Party that tends to be considered More left, and the Green Party who are also very very very left.

Which for the most part kind of makes Liberals more center.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

You're not missing much. Go back to whatever you were doing, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Liberal meaning to be open and embracing of change and progress. Conservative meaning to conserve and keep things status quo, meaning traditions and whatever else.

Left typically means liberal, right typically means conservative, however left vs right can be used to measure how conservative someone might be or how liberal might be, which is where Extreme left and Extreme Right come from.

If you are in the States Republicans are Considered Right and Conservative, and Democrats are Considered Left. However Democrats and Republican do NOT have to either be Liberal or Conservative, there are Some Republicans who USED to be Liberal, and there are some Democrats who are very Conservative they are called Blue Dogs.

In Canada There is literally a Liberal and Conservative party, and they mean exactly what their name suggest, however there is the New Democratic Party that tends to be considered More left, and the Green Party who are also very very very left.

Which for the most part kind of makes Liberals more center.

consider me schooled now. I barely got thru that but I get what you are saying.

You're only a terrible person if you don't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    You're only a terrible person if you don't vote.
    Should me a good choice and I'll vote. Hasn't happened yet.

Ignorance is fine as long as you're willing to fix it, which you certainly seem to be by opening this thread.

Granted I don't follow politics either so I'm not going to try to answer your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Granted I don't follow politics either so I'm not going to try to answer your question.
    The question is already answered.

Liberals generally want change, and embrace new things/ideas.

Conservatives want either slow or no change.

https://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_h...nd?language=en
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.