Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb The class we never got :(

Hello! i just wanted to make this post to explain something but first of all let me just clear something up, what i am about to say is nothing final nor is it even ever going to happen. so please read all of this before commenting opinions please. A i have a friend who works for a small division of legendary pictures, as he is a massive wow fan and player he was obviously appointed to the team for the Warcraft movie. he doesn't a lot of work with taking good concept references from WoW and helping the artists bring the environment to life. i wont say his real name as he wishes for me to not, he has given me permission to post this as long as i don't say his name or his specific job title/role as there are about 35 people in his sector.

so lets quickly get this over with. he has friends in blizzard for obvious reasons. some of them visit the set very often and they talk about WoW in their spare times. as the devs are also passionate about the game. he was talking to a specific dev who revealed a class that was possibly coming in legion but was ultimately scrapped for the demon hunter. this class is the "Nether stalker" they are a branch of the Ethereal and this would be the first class to have a support spec in the game (specifically 2 support specs) my friend was so sad about hearing this that he asked how far they had got with making this. it turns out it was actually so complete it was playable in their dev builds of legion for 2 weeks before being scrapped. this is apparently why there is a lot of cloth armor in legion with a very Ethereal look to it. he explained lots of abilities and such that the class had and i must say it looked fantastic. i hope for the sake of the players that this gets added in the following expansion. the dev hinted that even though it has been scrapped they were told the possibility of using it as the next class is extremely high and it is made to not be a hero class. it would be leveled from 1 like any other class.

Now i made a little pic with some of the mentioned abilities for something visual to look at. as seen in my Photoshopped portrait the resource is void and the resource bar is a black/grey animated bar that holds 100 void

picture uploader

i really hope you guys liked this, i would like to just add that my friend is a very reliable source and was extremely excited when telling me this. make blizzard go through with adding this!!
    Last edited by mmoc8d7862a0aa; 2016-02-15 at 03:30 PM. Reason: pic

Just some average fanfiction mate. None of this ever happened.

Deleted
    i understand your self-reasoning for thinking that and that's fine, now whether the dev was just having him on or what is something i cant confirm also when i say dev the guy he was talking to was a blizzard artist. however i can confirm that what i posted above was actually a conversation that happened. the reason it was being spoke about is because it was actually being scrapped. with little to no intention of being revived.

Deleted
    So your fried has friend whom you heard from....ah how belivable.... and ofc hes the only person who heard from this OFC!
    ofc his a reliable source thats why you wont say his name, OFC!

And support class? we allready have them its called a HEALER.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zenneon View Post
    i understand your self-reasoning for thinking that and that's fine, now whether the dev was just having him on or what is something i cant confirm also when i say dev the guy he was talking to was a blizzard artist. however i can confirm that what i posted above was actually a conversation that happened. the reason it was being spoke about is because it was actually being scrapped. with little to no intention of being revived.
    You don´t know anyone at Legendary. And even if you did the devs certainly don´t "come over to the set for a chat". And if they did, they wouldn´t talk about specifics like this. Especially not about something that is as badly made up as this. You should at least try a little, all of this is blatantly obvious, sorry.

Whomever told you this lied to you. If you have a friend who did work for Legendary Pictures, they never were on the set of World of Warcraft in a team of 35 people. That just isn't how movies are made. The production company creating the film for Legendary Pictures would be on set, the bulk of Legendary Pictures are office jobs - accounting, payroll, project management, etc. I believe the production company is Atlas, but I could be mistaken. There are in fact probably 10-20 different companies all working on their own individual parts of the project - very few of them are on set, sitting around with Blizzard employees, bullshitting about content that isn't going to be in the game but they were working on it.

How do I know? 14 years experience in the TV and Film industry. Credits include BTS documentary work for Die Hard 4, Night at the Museum 2, 24, and West Wing. Produced my own short recently too: www.spidermanlives.com

Of course, I miss the support class very much. Loved being a bard in Everquest. It just won't work with the way WoW is designed.

Deleted
    looking back i see that people are just here to pick apart what i have posted, i don't mean the devs just come to chat. a lot of them come to visit the set, talk about the film, etc and yes i do have a friend working at legendary, if it makes and difference he worked 3 years in Disney before moving with his wife, the reason he doesn't want his name said is actually quite obvious isn't it? besides guys. if i was trying to convince you all of a load of bullshit i probably would have put more effort in to it. im just posting what my friend has been told in hopes it might interest you to know that classes are infact made and sometimes completely scrapped

looking back i see that people are just here to pick apart what i have posted, i don't mean the devs just come to chat. a lot of them come to visit the set, talk about the film, etc and yes i do have a friend working at legendary, if it makes and difference he worked 3 years in Disney before moving with his wife, the reason he doesn't want his name said is actually quite obvious isn't it? besides guys. if i was trying to convince you all of a load of bullshit i probably would have put more effort in to it. im just posting what my friend has been told in hopes it might interest you to know that classes are infact made and sometimes completely scrapped
    A name wouldn´t have made any of this more believable. And we know that stuff is created and scrapped all the time. They even scrap WHOLE GAMES. Just not this class, that you made up. I feel sorry for you that you have to lie to get some attention, really.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-02-15 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said for years that they often make and scrap things, classes among them. We don't need you to 'convince' us of that.

Example you say? The Demon Hunter class was originally intended for BC, then scrapped. http://siliconangle.com/blog/2015/08...qa-gamescom15/

And of course people are going to pick apart what you've said here. Its the same old 'I know a guy who's a friend of a guy of a guy who said some stuff rumors stuff' that a thousand people before you tried to do.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-02-15 at 04:17 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    A name wouldn´t have made any of this more believable. And we know that stuff is created and scrapped all the time. Just not this class, that you made up. I feel sorry for you that you have to lie to get some attention, really.
    sound like something you would have said 5 months ago to all the demon-hunter rumors.. besides i never made this for attention or to prove anything. i just found it interesting and thought others might.

sound like something you would have said 5 months ago to all the demon-hunter rumors.. besides i never made this for attention or to prove anything. i just found it interesting and thought others might.
    Except Demon Hunters are actually a thing in the WoW universe. A void stalker class that shoots mana prisms with a "shard lance" to give everybody mana is not.

Mana hasn't been a thing for casters for a long, long time, so why would they even create a 'support class' which revolves around creating a resource which is mostly ignored and not managed anyway? Abilities like Converge and Mana Prism wouldn't make it past the first talk about class...

10+ Year Old Account
    A dev made fanfiction is still fanfiction

7+ Year Old Account
    Came here looking for a discussion about Shadow Hunter or Tinker, but instead got a half-assed fan-fiction...
    This is more disappointing than a Jaylock "leak."
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Deleted
    just a few quick confirmations here, after looking up about it, nether stalker is actually accurate to the wow universe.. they are one of the classes that Ethereals can be.
    and i agree that mana hasn't been a thing for a long time. however blizzard want it to be, they even said it in the wod beta, they wanted a good method of making mana management a thing again, this would work quite well i think

7+ Year Old Account
    looking back i see that people are just here to pick apart what i have posted
    What else would you expect from posting on an MMO-Champion forum?? And the hardest thing to believe is that your friend gave you permission to post this without using his name even this would be very confidential information that there would definitely be a non-disclosure for and he wouldn't talk to you about it anyway.

Deleted
    you raise a good point haha XD and i'm sure among the blizz employees its rarely mentioned because its been scrapped and they know some players always feel strongly about scrapped content, however my friend doesn't have any reason to keep this to himself, there is no NDA on his part. however im assuming the person who told him shouldn't be mentioning it. but as i say its scrapped from what we were told.

This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels.

and i agree that mana hasn't been a thing for a long time. however blizzard want it to be, they even said it in the wod beta, they wanted a good method of making mana management a thing again, this would work quite well i think
    I don't think you remember it right. They said they wanted mana to matter on utility and healing spells, as in you can and should be oom spamming Spellsteal, Mass Dispel or a healing spell but not while doing your rotation.

If you talked about a class like this during TBC, I could've thought that they might try something like this, but creating a class like this wouldn't fit in this day and age since that's not how the game works anymore.

you raise a good point haha XD and i'm sure among the blizz employees its rarely mentioned because its been scrapped and they know some players always feel strongly about scrapped content, however my friend doesn't have any reason to keep this to himself, there is no NDA on his part. however im assuming the person who told him shouldn't be mentioning it. but as i say its scrapped from what we were told.
    Yeah , this stuff is so hot and confidential, that even blizzard doesn´t know about it.