Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are ditzy girls more attractive?

What would you think of a girl who is intelligent and is interested in science when she was young but becomes a cheerleader and acts ditsy and loves dancing and pop music once she reaches Jr High/Middle School?

Have you ever known a intelligent girl who dumbs herself down to get the attention of men?

Do you think ditsy girls are more attractive?

10+ Year Old Account
    What about cheerleaders though?

I googled "dirty cheerleaders" by mistake and found this

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I think it's due to hormones. Plus, since you gave the example of Dana from Life is Strange, she had some issues, so she kind of wanted support from others. In this case a male mate.

Being a cheerleader, enjoying pop music and dancing are not necessarily 'ditzy'. One can not lose their intelligence by enjoying those things.

Do you think Neil DeGrasse Tyson loses some of his intelligence by hearing a Beatles song? Doesn't make sense.

Ditzy means silly, scatterbrained. The OP's premise is based on social biases they have bought in to believing.

Perhaps recalling Daisy Buchanan is appropriate here.

I think some girls purposely hide their intelligence to seem more attractive. I think some men who get huge to hide their tiny penis too. Really depends on what you're insecure about and when you're a goddamn teenager you're insecure about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I think some girls purposely hide their intelligence to seem more attractive. I think some men who get huge to hide their tiny penis too. Really depends on what you're insecure about and when you're a goddamn teenager you're insecure about everything.
    Yeah, this is spot on. In a relationship both the man and woman want the man to appear smarter, at least it's on of those things where the woman shouldn't lord her intelligence over her mate. If a woman chose to act dumber it would increase her pool of mates to select from.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Some studies (yeah, I know) suggest that men act more stupid when they are dealing with blondes because of the cliche and they try to level with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Some studies (yeah, I know) suggest that men act more stupid when they are dealing with blondes because of the cliche and they try to level with them.
    Yeah, I would imagine that some smart dudes would dumb themselves down to appear more attractive to the 'hot but not so smart' chick. Probably not the best gambit ever (basing it on hair colour that is), but you do what you gotta do to achieve copulation. No rules against males being insecure about their intelligence, especially not in a school setting where your peers sneer at it and it doesn't get you laid with Jessica the fuckin hot cheerleader.

Just really going on averages here, not every possible outcome.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2016-02-20 at 02:00 PM.

What is with your obsession with cheerleaders? It's really trite. Why not put it all in a megathread?

I'm attracted to intelligence and wit, so my opinion would be negative.

Being free and capable of being yourself in the face of social norms is not being ditzy. Do not confuse the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, people say, "Listening to music X is dumb", "Practicing dance X is dumb", "Watching series X is dumb"... I no longer think this way. We all have different tastes. Nothing prohibits a person from being interested in science and, at the same time, listening to Bieber, for example. I've received musical education, and I listen to instrumental Jazz, musicians such as Marcus Miller, Herbie Hancock, Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Chick Corea... Does it make me more intelligent than my neighbor listening to "ghetto rap" all the time? No, I don't think so.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't find such girls more or less attractive: this is not something I judge other people for. Granted, apparently girls listening to the kind of music I listen to (so far I've met very few of them, unfortunately) will seem more attractive to me, just because we have something in common, something very important in my life - but a girl loving Katy Perry won't come out in my eyes as a "dumb" person either, just having different preferences than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What is with your obsession with cheerleaders? It's really trite. Why not put it all in a megathread?
    because sin'dorei/kal'dorei/drow cheerleaders are hot. your right sin'dorei/drow/kaldorei cheerleaders need their own thread.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-02-20 at 03:40 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    The chances of this account being the only account this person runs are near 0.

'Ditzy' women are a turn off for me. To much hand holding and having to explain simple things over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    So dancing and listening to pop music means you can't like science any more?

100% yes, theyre easier to take advantage of. I like my prey weak.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-02-20 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    Not sure how your points are ditsy, but no. I dont find it more attractive. Besides physical attraction I need someone with a good sense of humour or atleast similar humour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Being a cheerleader, enjoying pop music and dancing are not necessarily 'ditzy'. One can not lose their intelligence by enjoying those things.
    Meh, that video was pretty retarded.