Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

3 tiers in 3 years

From r/wow:

"From the start of Siege of Orgrimmar (September 10 2013) to the beginning of Legion (August 30 2016) will be a little under 3 years--or 1,085 days. 3 tiers in 3 years."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.

cataclysmic greed occurred after wotlk

Oh Blizzard, how harshly have you fallen...

But it's okay, guise! We might have bare minimum, but at least Blizzard is racking in those moneys as hard as they ever did!

That's what happens when you cut out the middle of an expansion.

Raiding needs to die so world content can live.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla doesn't look that bad in comparison

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there a point to this thread? I'm genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Vanilla doesn't look that bad in comparison
    Cata looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Is there a point to this thread? I'm genuinely curious.
    Its called jumponthebashblizztrain. All the cool kids these days do it.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Its called jumponthebashblizztrain. All the cool kids these days do it.
    I've been a staunch Blizz supporter but this stuff has gone too far.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    and for 3 years people that apparently hate WoW have been hanging around these forums complaining about it.

Something seems a tad pathetic about that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    From r/wow:

"From the start of Siege of Orgrimmar (September 10 2013) to the beginning of Legion (August 30 2016) will be a little under 3 years--or 1,085 days. 3 tiers in 3 years."
    What would you like Blizzard to do to ease your butthurt? Stop working on Legion and push another tier in WOD?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Cata looks awesome.
    Cata actually is pretty OK. It just came right after WotLK, so the comparison couldn't have been fair.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at this reads like:
    "The earlier tiers are too short; space them out further so the last tier doesn't feel as long. God Blizz way to plan!"
    Woo narrative!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What would you like Blizzard to do to ease your butthurt? Stop working on Legion and push another tier in WOD?
    It's pretty sad that they've given up all attempts to improve the content. It shouldn't be too difficult for a company of Blizzard's size to introduce some new content every few months. Small raids with just a couple of bosses, or at least some new dungeons.

The whole "only one relevant raid at any given time" philosophy sucks big time. There's not enough variety.

That chart shows something else besides tier length in comparison to other expansions: expansion length. TBC, Cata, and WoD were roughly the same length while WotLK and MoP were longer. If that trend holds true, Legion will also be longer.

Guess we have to hope everyone likes Legion because chances are that one will have a year long content drought and be one of the longest expansions.

As much as I love Vanilla, I find that chart questionable.

The game only shipped with MC + Onyxia. Which is a pretty weak raid tier by today's standards.

If Vanilla were released today it would look more like : Tier 1 (MC/Onyxia/BWL) Tier 2 (AQ 20/40), Tier 3 (Naxx). So that basically leaves it on the same par as MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    mop was longest final tier to date, but WOD will be worse.

breaking graph scale into 90 day intervals (91 if want to be very precise) might be MUCH more helpful.

post this graph whenever someone starts repeating blizzard talking pooints about faster expansions, no more 1-year last tier, biggest team ever, etc. Don't even bother to comment. This picture puts the lie to Blizzard.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-04-19 at 01:49 AM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's pretty sad that they've given up all attempts to improve the content. It shouldn't be too difficult for a company of Blizzard's size to introduce some new content every few months. Small raids with just a couple of bosses, or at least some new dungeons.

The whole "only one relevant raid at any given time" philosophy sucks big time. There's not enough variety.
    I am not impressed with the rate of raid content delivery either, however, my question IS relevant. Not to mention there IS more content than just raids. Content DOES exist, question is do people want to do it. Just because certain persons do not wish to USE particular content doesn't mean that content does NOT exist.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.