Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    This hits home pretty hard for those who are in the 'white working class' as named in the article. This is something I've been saying for awhile, but it's refreshing to see it get coverage. The Democrats are no less Corporatist than the Republicans and that unless you've got an identity that lends itself to political maneuvering you're basically worthless as far as they're concerned.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...-the-1-percent
    1% ?? All outlaw bikers support democrats??
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Please show me any source from the past 30 years where the KKK or any other right wing group protested by riot or even disrupted normal day to day life for citizens. Both sides have their extremists but when it comes to public protesting, the left has close to a monopoly on violent protests.
    That is literally quite the opposite of reality. Both NGOs that follow violent extremist groups and government LEA's have unequivocally stated that right wing groups, ideology, and extremism has been on a precipitous rise for the past 30 years, and especially since the inauguration of Barack Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me that a hell of a lot more than 1% of people feel represented by the democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

Please show me any source from the past 30 years where the KKK or any other right wing group protested by riot or even disrupted normal day to day life for citizens. Both sides have their extremists but when it comes to public protesting, the left has close to a monopoly on violent protests.
    This comes to mind:

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    That is literally quite the opposite of reality. Both NGOs that follow violent extremist groups and government LEA's have unequivocally stated that right wing groups, ideology, and extremism has been on a precipitous rise for the past 30 years, and especially since the inauguration of Barack Obama.
    You didn't even address what the guy said. He said:

So he's dealing with these violent protests and disruptions of both business and civil life on the part of leftist groups which is as he said an almost monopoly on violent protests, civil disobedience and mass sit-ins.

Make no mistake about it, right wing animosity is there but those people are doing their thing far away from main street and for the most part you hear little to nothing of it. Our nightly news is flooded with leftist crazy antics.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Then it should be easy to link many instances of violent right wing protests. On the other hand violent left wing protests/riots and harassment have been all over the news for the past year or two with BLM, Occupy movement, anti-Trump groups, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    This comes to mind:

This is an example of one person resisting arrest. The protest group itself did no violence. I'm not condoning the group's actions but they caused no harm or damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it should be easy to link many instances of violent right wing protests. On the other hand violent left wing protests/riots and harassment have been all over the news for the past year or two with BLM, Occupy movement, anti-Trump groups, etc.

This is an example of one person resisting arrest. The protest group itself did no violence. I'm not condoning the group's actions but they caused no harm or damage.
    Taking over a federal park in an armed insurrection is doing no harm?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Taking over a federal park in an armed insurrection is doing no harm?
    I'm thinking you don't really know what that "federal park" was. It was the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge where hunting is legal therefore being armed is not illegal. So a small outbuilding in a little known or used federal wildlife refuge has about 15 right wing protesters sit in. I'm not sure how this compares to essentially shutting down the state house in Wisconsin, blocking interstate traffic in large cities, or rioting and destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of private property. The second of which almost certainly put far more people in danger than the 15 armed "insurrectionists."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the voting populace is the problem.

too stupid to think for even a moment who they're voting for and what they stand for. they hear a few buzzwords tailored to specific crowds, and sometimes they just hear the name of the candidate, and then they go piss away their future.
    Its like that all over the world. I have a friend here in little Denmark, who personally vote for the most left-wing party there is (communist party), ONLY because he thinks the head candidate is cute looking.

15+ Year Old Account
    You didn't even address what the guy said. He said:

So he's dealing with these violent protests and disruptions of both business and civil life on the part of leftist groups which is as he said an almost monopoly on violent protests, civil disobedience and mass sit-ins.

Make no mistake about it, right wing animosity is there but those people are doing their thing far away from main street and for the most part you hear little to nothing of it. Our nightly news is flooded with leftist crazy antics.
    Are you and Thwart equivocating the riots and protests of police killings to leftists movements? I don't think you know what a 'leftist' movement is.

There's the sovereign citizen movement, who have protested via not paying federal and state taxes in multiple states, some in the movement have actually killed law enforcement officers, some have created private court systems in their counties. There are hard-right Christian sects who have created anti-abortion militants all over the country to destroy property and murder doctors, been elected to local school boards to force the public the adopt their views. All of these fall under the umbrella of right-wing militia groups who have structured plans of action to overthrow local and municipal governments and utilities. They vastly outnumber the organization and disruption power any true 'leftist' organization in the US could ever do.

- - - Updated - - -

The civil disobedience of BLM, an organic response from police killings of black males and police brutality in general, has support from all political stripes. The occupy movement was a peaceful movement, and anti-trump groups are comprised of political groups from all sides of the spectrum as well.

I don't think you know what a 'leftist' movement is.

Are you and Thwart equivocating the riots and protests of police killings to leftists movements? I don't think you know what a 'leftist' movement is.

There's the sovereign citizen movement, who have protested via not paying federal and state taxes in multiple states, some in the movement have actually killed law enforcement officers, some have created private court systems in their counties. There are hard-right Christian sects who have created anti-abortion militants all over the country to destroy property and murder doctors, been elected to local school boards to force the public the adopt their views. All of these fall under the umbrella of right-wing militia groups who have structured plans of action to overthrow local and municipal governments and utilities. They vastly outnumber the organization and disruption power any true 'leftist' organization in the US could ever do.
    Now this is quite a bit of hyperbole. BLM has had members kill police officers as well and this movement has only been in existence a very short period of time in comparison to the soverign staters (who are also whacko-a-doodles as much as the left wing groups). True there are small groups of these around the country but if you really believe that they are this much of a threat that you try to portray here then there is no debating with that type of paranoia.

In any case you don't see hundreds or thousands of these people in the streets with their violence. There sheer numbers of violent/destructive/harassing protesting is on the side of the left.

The civil disobedience of BLM, an organic response from police killings of black males and police brutality in general, has support from all political stripes. The occupy movement was a peaceful movement, and anti-trump groups are comprised of political groups from all sides of the spectrum as well.

Blocking traffice on interstates and in busy cities disrupting the flow of emergency vehicles are not acts of civil disobedience. Destruction of buildings, looting, setting fires, attacking police officers are not acts of civil disobedience. These are criminal acts.

The right wing anti-Trump groups are all in their little groups whining just like the right wing anti-Cruz groups. These people are not out rioting, blocking traffic, etc. It's mostly the Bernie crowd doing this.

It's pretty disingenuous to try to say that it the left and right that are using the revolting behavior to shut down anything they disagree with.

- - - Updated - - -

I know quite well what a leftist movement is, thanks. I also know there's more to what they're doing than police killings, but way to focus on one single issue as the sole reason for their actions, haha. I think it's hysterical that you label BLM civil disobedience and disruption an organic response, that's a good one. So much press about their organizing, communicating and planning out their actions especially in combination with George Soros funded Open Society branches. Pretty much the antithesis of organic, nice blinders there. That you think it has support from all political stripes is even better. The occupy movement destroyed property, invaded businesses as well as government areas and had in the case of the Wall Street camp a ton of rapes, thefts and miscellaneous crimes attached to it.

Quite an example there of a peaceful movement you got.

I'm aware of all those right wing things you've mentioned and again you don't see them on TV month after month after month disrupting both public and private affairs to varying degrees. They do their mischief sure, and it's clear they're definitely the boogeyman you're worried about so have at it. Make sure you're not covering for those leftists though.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now this is quite a bit of hyperbole. BLM has had members kill police officers as well and this movement has only been in existence a very short period of time in comparison to the soverign staters (who are also whacko-a-doodles as much as the left wing groups). True there are small groups of these around the country but if you really believe that they are this much of a threat that you try to portray here then there is no debating with that type of paranoia.

In any case you don't see hundreds or thousands of these people in the streets with their violence. There sheer numbers of violent/destructive/harassing protesting is on the side of the left.

Blocking traffice on interstates and in busy cities disrupting the flow of emergency vehicles are not acts of civil disobedience. Destruction of buildings, looting, setting fires, attacking police officers are not acts of civil disobedience. These are criminal acts.

The right wing anti-Trump groups are all in their little groups whining just like the right wing anti-Cruz groups. These people are not out rioting, blocking traffic, etc. It's mostly the Bernie crowd doing this.

It's pretty disingenuous to try to say that it the left and right that are using the revolting behavior to shut down anything they disagree with.
    BLM, like anti-trump groups, have support from every political persuasion, not just leftists. Conservatives wary of police authority and militarization, libertarians/liberals worried about restriction of civil liberties, and centrists wary of the effect police behavior has on business.

You could call me paranoid, but then you would also be lumping in SPLC and the DHS, NSA, FBI, and the DOJ, who have all unequivocally stated that right wing militant groups are the largest threat of domestic terror and disruption in the USA.

Of course it is civil disobedience, you must be a sheltered person who doesn't know recent US history to have such a sterile view as to what "civil disobedience" looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

I know quite well what a leftist movement is, thanks. I also know there's more to what they're doing than police killings, but way to focus on one single issue as the sole reason for their actions, haha. I think it's hysterical that you label BLM civil disobedience and disruption an organic response, that's a good one. So much press about their organizing, communicating and planning out their actions especially in combination with George Soros funded Open Society branches. Pretty much the antithesis of organic, nice blinders there. That you think it has support from all political stripes is even better. The occupy movement destroyed property, invaded businesses as well as government areas and had in the case of the Wall Street camp a ton of rapes, thefts and miscellaneous crimes attached to it.

Quite an example there of a peaceful movement you got.

I'm aware of all those right wing things you've mentioned and again you don't see them on TV month after month after month disrupting both public and private affairs to varying degrees. They do their mischief sure, and it's clear they're definitely the boogeyman you're worried about so have at it. Make sure you're not covering for those leftists though.
    It's the most egregious acts, and it's not just me 'focusing' on that single issue, because LEOs like the FBI, DHS, DOJ, and the NSA, as well as NGOs like the SPLC, have unequivocally stated that right wing groups, which includes the Christian hardliners, sovereign citizens, and militia groups, are by far the most dangerous domestic threat to US citizens in the country.

BLM, like anti-trump groups, have support from every political persuasion, not just leftists. Conservatives wary of police authority and militarization, libertarians/liberals worried about restriction of civil liberties, and centrists wary of the effect police behavior has on business.

You could call me paranoid, but then you would also be lumping in SPLC and the DHS, NSA, FBI, and the DOJ, who have all unequivocally stated that right wing militant groups are the largest threat of domestic terror and disruption in the USA.

Of course it is civil disobedience, you must be a sheltered person who doesn't know recent US history to have such a sterile view as to what "civil disobedience" looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the most egregious acts, and it's not just me 'focusing' on that single issue, because LEOs like the FBI, DHS, DOJ, and the NSA, as well as NGOs like the SPLC, have unequivocally stated that right wing groups, which includes the Christian hardliners, sovereign citizens, and militia groups, are by far the most dangerous domestic threat to US citizens in the country.
    Of course they say that.

Protip: Only the right wing groups are anti government. They're going to come out against those who'd defund and destroy their entire infrastructure if they got their way. There's also been a huge effort on the part of the FBI, CIA and now the DHS for over 20 years now to infiltrate those groups and steer them from the inside, so when you see actions taken by those people the real question of who is benefitting from this needs to be asked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course they say that.

Protip: Only the right wing groups are anti government. They're going to come out against those who'd defund and destroy their entire infrastructure if they got their way. There's also been a huge effort on the part of the FBI, CIA and now the DHS for over 20 years now to infiltrate those groups and steer them from the inside, so when you see actions taken by those people the real question of who is benefitting from this needs to be asked.
    Why am I not surprised to see this conspiratorial turn. So you are saying the information is fabricated, to make these groups more dangerous than they really are? And the only way to really find out is to shutter all the agencies, and return to a more smaller, more efficient government?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they say that.

*cough cough* bull *cough cough*

So much conspiracy drivel.

Why am I not surprised to see this conspiratorial turn. So you are saying the information is fabricated, to make these groups more dangerous than they really are? And the only way to really find out is to shutter all the agencies, and return to a more smaller, more efficient government?
    Some of it is fabricated, sure. Some of it is contextually true and having met some of those people I know they could be considered dangerous, but they're also regular people who have just grown tired of the sociopolitical situation and are actually willing to do something about it if need be but are also regular family people wanting to live their regular lives with their family and community.

It's not a conspiracy, mainstream media has documented the infiltration of right wing groups for some time. Google will help you with that if you are interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *cough cough* bull *cough cough*

So much conspiracy drivel.
    You're smarter than that. Don't be dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of it is fabricated, sure. Some of it is contextually true and having met some of those people I know they could be considered dangerous, but they're also regular people who have just grown tired of the sociopolitical situation and are actually willing to do something about it if need be but are also regular family people wanting to live their regular lives with their family and community.

It's not a conspiracy, mainstream media has documented the infiltration of right wing groups for some time. Google will help you with that if you are interested.

- - - Updated - - -

You're smarter than that. Don't be dumb.
    Give me something worth giving an intellectual response to. Don't ask other people to look up your claims. Bring the cites of the claims yourself.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys can talk about this until the cows come home. But until you fix your campaign financing laws, your congress critters spends a retarded amount of time fund raising, nothing will change.

Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

You can keep on saying that it's people of all ideologies that causing the anti-Trump protests/disruptions but there has been no evidence of it anywhere. If you have evidence of this, please share.

The largest threat of of domestic terror and disruption in the USA? This has been the party line for quite a number of years now (essentially since the start of the Obama administration), yet so far we have only seen terror from Islmic extremists (and arguable BLM rioters) and disruptions from the Occupiers, BLM protests, and riots from the left in Ferguson, Baltimore and other places.

Civil disobedience from civilized people doesn't cause damage to others or their property. Isn't the left that is so fond of stating that your rights end where mine begin? The standoff at the wildlife refuge was civil disobedience. They didn't burn down the building or loot it. There was one whack job that went too far and got himself killed for his trouble. I have no problem with that result.

Proper protests don't leave thousands of pounds of trash behind. The Tea Party rallies pretty much left their locations as clean as they found them. The Occupiers trashed every location they at. Hell there's even a picture of someone taking a shit on a cop car out there. Such class. It's this pattern of harassment, destruction and violence that I rail against not the ideology as unlike them I don't try to stifle debate.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking you don't really know what that "federal park" was. It was the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge where hunting is legal therefore being armed is not illegal. So a small outbuilding in a little known or used federal wildlife refuge has about 15 right wing protesters sit in. I'm not sure how this compares to essentially shutting down the state house in Wisconsin, blocking interstate traffic in large cities, or rioting and destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of private property. The second of which almost certainly put far more people in danger than the 15 armed "insurrectionists."
    Do note that they did, in fact, cause significant damage. $6m in damage, according to the US Fish and Wildlife director. Lets not forget the trench of human feces that was dug right through an area with sensitive cultural artifacts.
    Also note that the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge consists of 24 structures, not just one "small outbuilding".