Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Of course if you're playing Twin Emps then you're playing C'thun (as they won't proc without him) so you'll have a whole slew of buffs for him early. 10/10 is expected by turn 3 or at the latest unless you have the most godawful opening draw ever
    You can proc all conditional C'thun cards without having C'thun in your deck. Obviously there's no good reason to do so, but they WILL proc without C'thun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    You can proc all conditional C'thun cards without having C'thun in your deck. Obviously there's no good reason to do so, but they WILL proc without C'thun.
    I thought the buffs only went off if you were running C'thun?

This was only correct for first 1-2 days afaik
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    No they won't.

Using a C'thun card in a non-C'thun deck doesn't pop up the buff UI on the left if you don't have C'thun. Playing a C'thun conditional when C'thun is not present means nothing happens.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No they won't.

Using a C'thun card in a non-C'thun deck doesn't pop up the buff UI on the left if you don't have C'thun. Playing a C'thun conditional when C'thun is not present means nothing happens.
    The card's wording even says this, wherever he is talking about the match.

Cards don't count from the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Padalin View Post
    I thought the buffs only went off if you were running C'thun?
    Nope, they go off no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This was only correct for first 1-2 days afaik
    Still works like this as of 8/5/2016.

No they won't.

Yes they will. The UI popping up or not doesn't matter. Go ahead and make a C'thun deck in practice mode without C'thun, you will see all the conditional cards work as soon as you used 2x 2/2 C'thun buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The card's wording even says this, wherever he is talking about the match.

Cards don't count from the collection.
    Wording isn't always correct. Try it in practice mode, you'll see I'm right.
    Last edited by Lesane; 2016-05-08 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    Can confirm what Lesane is saying.

real strong, balanced by you have to play mostly vanilla lvl minions to supplement it, it isn't bad

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    You would need two kill spells, or failing that a comination of removal spells and high enough damage ones. Going 2 or even 3 for 1 is a losing proposition. Lord of the Arena goes 1 for 1 with them and costs less mana.

You might, on occasions, have a board clear spell and something to give you enough extra spell damage to do the trick, but its not something you can really count on unless you're so far ahead you were just going to win anyway.
    The only board clearing spells that would remove them in one go require combos or a spellpower buff card played before hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they won't.

You are wrong, it works. You can try it yourself or just look it up at youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    You are wrong, it works. You can try it yourself or just look it up at youtube.
    I did and found this hit of April 26th, did not test it in HS myself tho:

Last edited by Nutri; 2016-05-09 at 10:12 AM.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    I did and found this hit of April 26th, did not test it in HS myself tho:

.... Here you go
    Also your vid says "buff" and if I remeber correctly this "argument" was if cards that require C'thun at 10 hp/attack still gets their battlecry even if C'thun is not in their deck.
    https://youtu.be/owKNZIbjC18?t=92
    Last edited by Crillam; 2016-05-09 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    .... Here you go
    Also your vid says "buff" and if I remeber correctly this "argument" was if cards that require C'thun at 10 hp/attack still gets their battlecry even if C'thun is not in their deck.
    https://youtu.be/owKNZIbjC18?t=92
    Awesome! Thanks for clearing that then.
    My search for 'buff' was indeed false then.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love when people use them with Brann. I mainly play control and I have two MTC in my deck. It's nice to steal a 4/6 for free :3

Deleted
    It's a pretty good card, the strongest neutral legendary tbh (aside from C'thun)

It's still not as OP as dr balanced was. The thing making Dr Boom so overpowered was the bombling damage effect which would often trade for a 3 or 4 drop. Or do like additional 7 to face, enabling a win condition (through Whirlwind for example).

Emperors are also overpowered for their mana cost (they are 2x 4/6 druid taunt bear, so 10 mana value in 1 card that costs 7) but they need a C'thun deck to work. C'thun cards aren't very taxing but still, this does enforce a certain way of deckbuilding. To get consistent 10 AT C'thun you need to have at least two disciples and two 4/2 divine shields + Cthun himself. That's five cards in order to enable Emp's effect. Without C'thun condition met this card is unbelievably bad.

And that's good design of legendaries. Can be OP under conditions but isn't always OP. Dr Boom was OP in every single deck, even a face hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    C'thun cards aren't very taxing but still, this does enforce a certain way of deckbuilding
    Well i have a suggestion when it comes to this.

Step 1: Take cards that say something with Cthun
    Step 2: When having enough mana, press mousebutton to drag the specific card on the board
    Step 3: Repeat until you have Cthun in your hand
    Step 4: Play Cthun

(Sometimes Step 4 is not needed, because jsut step 2 & 3 will win the game)

I mean ...this strategy will not win 100% of the games, but it works quiet good.

Wording isn't always correct. Try it in practice mode, you'll see I'm right.
    Forgot we were even talking about this in this thread too-
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I went and tested it, the cards do still activate even without C'thun in the deck as long as he would be above 10.
    But yeah, it seems really...dumb. But I don't really see the harm actually, I don't think it's worth running enough C'thun cards to get him to 10 without running C'thun himself, since he's basically a better Hourglass of Doom at that point(Has the 10 random damage ping while leaving a 10/10 for the same mana cost).

Maybe it will catch some people off guard, but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough, it’s one of those cards that looks good… But rarely turns into a win. I’ve seen it about seven or eight times, and can’t recall losing (though I imagine it’s happened).

I’m typically playing Yogg-mage, and am invariably ahead on the board with spells in hand when the Emperor’s appear. Ultimately, that means I’m almost always in a position to trade favourably.

Emperor's not really designed to win games though, just like druid of the claw isn't designed to win games. That being said it's largely irrelevant to a yogg mage what anyone plays at any point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The only board clearing spells that would remove them in one go require combos or a spellpower buff card played before hand.
    Brawl & Enter the Collesium say hi.

The latter has been a pretty decent tech for me in my N'Zoth control pally. Half of hte time if you're having to make bigger trades Enter the Collesium can end up netting you more value & if you're way behind in a control matchup & they have overextended their board *coughmirrornzothmatchupscough* the card works wonders. However, since we're talking about C'Thun it still works for emperors.