Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    can we just bulldoze the Middle East and turn it into a series of condos and golf courses?
    New and exciting tourist attraction for the rich: Golfing in radiation suits!

Or just leave the whole place to it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Not sure why this is news worthy. Someone dies in ME everyday.

Deleted
    Ah, yes, "terrorists".

Just like how when the French Resistance attacked the Germans, the french were terrorists.
    Or like how when the Native Americans attacked the colonists, they were terrorists too.
    And like how when Ukrainians in Crimea attacked the Russians, they were terrorists as well!

It really is such a useful word, when you think about it. It's not resisting occupation, it's just terrorism! Genius!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    and they wonder why Israel has built walls around them. They behave like savages.
    Because a few of them are criminals, they are all savages? You know what that is called? Racism.

Don't try to spin it any other way, in the end how would you feel if I quoted a few news of Israeli people shooting/stabbing others and saying the Israeli are savages? What if I quoted some news with black people stabbing others and saying they're all savages? That would be racist, just like your reply here. Just because a criminal tried to stab someone it doesn't mean all Palestiians are criminals. And now, I know the next argument too, "But Hamas and terrorists!" - yeah, you know who else had terrorists? North Ireland. Would you call the Irish savages because of IRA? No, because the crimes of few do not and should not reflect on the most. If you come with proof that a majority of Palestinians are criminals, terrorists and sometimes at the edge of what is accepted by society in general, sure, otherwise shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I guess I'm confused as to why this is news, I assumed there were Israeli-Palestinian incidents like these all of the time.
    I will quote this as Celista put it best. People try to stab one another every day, this is not even an Israeli-Palestinian deal.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Cant blame her for at least trying.
    I can't blame Muslims for committing terrorist attacks in Denmark. At least they're trying.

Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Is there an Palestinian nation?
    Is that relevant? The West Bank is not Israeli territory, even hardline Israelis are kind of sketchy when it comes to claiming it as part of Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's not exactly a nation, just like ISIS isn't. It's a state, though.
    Its a nation exactly like China was a nation between 1949 and 1971. Just because it doesn't hold a seat at the UN does not mean that it doesn't exist. The best way to see if something is a nation or not is to see if they are at the Olympic games. When you see that Scotland and Wales are not at the Olympics that is because they are not nations (technically neither is England) because they are part of the nation called the United Kingdom. Palestine is a nation and comparing it to an ISIS "state" is just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    and they wonder why Israel has built walls around them. They behave like savages.
    Question for people like this. Do you even understand the context of what is going on over there? Do you understand why the Palestinians are so desperate to be doing these things? Do you even know any of the history about this long-running conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Its a nation exactly like China was a nation between 1949 and 1971. Just because it doesn't hold a seat at the UN does not mean that it doesn't exist. The best way to see if something is a nation or not is to see if they are at the Olympic games. When you see that Scotland and Wales are not at the Olympics that is because they are not nations (technically neither is England) because they are part of the nation called the United Kingdom. Palestine is a nation and comparing it to an ISIS "state" is just wrong.
    They are not a "nation" in the sense that there is no real bound between them. The name "palestine" is 2000 years old and has nothing to do with today "palestines". Its a name the roman gave to Israel (Judea back then from the name "Jew" or "Jude").

The arabs living in west bank and gaza are mostly living in tribes (like a lot of the muslim/arab world). Their family names usually gives you a hint from where they came from like "the egyptian", "the syrian" ect. There is much more common things both in language and traditions between gaza people and egypt, parts of west bank and syria than west bank and gaza "palestinians". They don't really have clear history apart that they came to Israel at some point -a lot at ~ 1830 to seek work.

This does not mean they shouldn't have some self determination and have a good life but its like calling all the muslims/turks in Germany "saxons" - a nation that always lived in Germany.

The funny thing is that under "Israeli occupation" the arabs have the best lives possible. There is an article by a palestinian that claim that the real tragedy of the palestinians happened in 1994 with oslo when they got more "freedom" and got some self ruling.

Deleted
    Makes me wonder why they never bring a gun. Seems like it'd work better with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Makes me wonder why they never bring a gun. Seems like it'd work better with a gun.
    Some of them do (if they have it). and yes pulling a gun fast for a surprise shot works much better than a knife. You still don't hear about it because its not an unusual attack in Israel and if you do hear about it then it will be something like : "a palestinian died in Jerusalem violence" - without mentioning he had a gun and shot (and maybe killed few) people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Is that relevant? The West Bank is not Israeli territory, even hardline Israelis are kind of sketchy when it comes to claiming it as part of Israel.
    Does it matter?
    If Palestine does become a country what do you think would be more plausible: That they become a failed, radicalist state or that they will magically start loving Israeli and stop trying to fight them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Does it matter?
    If Palestine does become a country what do you think would be more plausible: That they become a failed, radicalist state or that they will magically start loving Israeli and stop trying to fight them?
    How is that relevant to my comment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I can't blame Muslims for committing terrorist attacks in Denmark. At least they're trying.

Right?
    Muslims in Denmark are not put down for not being Danish or Jewish, or have their land taken from them. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    can we just bulldoze the Middle East and turn it into a series of condos and golf courses?
    The world is still waiting on the Grand Cuba Golf Course, right next to you guys. Finish building that one first :P.

Edit: And how is this news? Isn't that like an almost daily occurrence?
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-06-06 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo

Hopefully they bulldozed his familys house already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How is it that the Palestinians have control over the Christian areas like Bethlehem?. Jesus was in a jewish area, he wasn't a jew obviously because he was the son of god, but it was a jewish area.

Lol, someone tries to stab someone, gets shot.
    Why is it in the news?
    Cuz Israel vs Palestine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Hopefully they bulldozed his familys house already.
    Do you beleve in "innocent until proven guilty"? Why should peopel that have close conection to the culprit be punished without a fair trial?

Do you beleve in "all are equal before the law"? Never heard about the bulldozer punishment are used on Jews who did comit "attempted to murder"
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-06-06 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Do you beleve in "innocent until proven guilty"? Why should peopel that have close conection to the culprit be punished without a fair trial?

Do you beleve in "all are equal before the law"? Never heard about the bulldozer punishment are used on Jews who did comit "attempted to murder"
    I believe in guilt by association.

It's really sad to see people turn to essentially 'desperate flailing' at this point, because they have no prospect whatsoever for any positive future. Palestinians are becoming essentially an apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic society.