Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    that's just a shitty meme

the OP didn't back it up with any evidence so why should the opposition? And can they? They can't, it's entirely just a subjective opinion if insults are bad.
    Insults do not rationally add to a subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What's underdeveloped is your ability to handle everyday crap like an adult person. You can twist it and make it look like some kind of superiority in your own head all you want. If it bugs you that a person will refer to stupid as stupid, that's just excess personal drama on your part.
    Right, you are toxic, i get it. Did you have anything useful to say?

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Fine, you don't like hypocrisy, and neither to do I. But I don't think someone who are saying that "people who tell others to go kill themselves should be gagged" are breaking their own standards. That would only true if they said "people who tell others to go kill themselves should go kill themselves". And I agree that there is no excuse for personal attacks in these discussions.
    No, but saying things like "they are weak because they must only have the courage to say things like that on the internet" is blatantly breaking your standards, because it's then a personal attack that's not defensible, or provable for that matter.

I say a lot of uncomfortable truths and have a confrontational stance in real life as well, and my friends who happen to interact with me both online and out of can attest to that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Offense is never given, it's taken.

There is nothing offensive in saying that something is stupid. Besides, you can try to offend people with elaborate speech as well tho it still depends on their own intelligence and attitude if they feel offended by whatever you say to them. People say stupid things and other people have full right to express what they think about it. That is how progress is made. Noone ever in the history has made anything worthy by agreeing with everybody.

And speech regulation is ultimately ineffective therefor... stupid.
    Right, so you excuse your lack of manners under the guise of that others could not care about what you say.

Well done, you are excusing the fact of acting like shit.

Not that it has empirical evidence in Psychology, fact is, the opposite has been proven - But yeah, you wish to be foulmouthed and excuse the idea of being a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Saying, "That is a stupid idea" isn't being foulmouthed.
    Are you selectively reading?

No, that is also a method of opinion. Just because it is simple words, doesn't mean it is invalid.
    Didn't say it was invalid, just that it was useless. Invalidating a speech for the sake of invalidating is only achieving two things : rejecting the others, and rejecting yourself from the others. In a simpler word : isolation. If someone wants to isolate himself from a discussion, a simpler way would be just to avoid it. We're on the net, it's as easy as clicking out of the topic.

Though, all actual opinions is contribution while Spamming something that has nothing about it, isn't contributing
    When you interact with someone with any opinion, or reaction, the logical follow is to be asked "why ?", because any debate needs opinions. In human exchanges, this "why ?" is so implied that it's rarely needed. Flaming without any follow up is either searching for isolation (which is easy to achieve without being a nuisance), either baiting for a "why ?".

Trying to disrupt a discussion and waiting for a "why ?" can be a sign of someone in the need for social validation. Or in simpler words : "hey, look at me". Don't want to be rude, but such reactions are often an easy hint at how the person was treated in some other (intimate or not) social circles. Spreading the attitude is not helping anyone, that person included.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2016-06-08 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Right, so you excuse your lack of manners under the guise of that others could not care about what you say.

Well done, you are excusing the fact of acting like shit.

Not that it has empirical evidence in Psychology, fact is, the opposite has been proven - But yeah, you wish to be foulmouthed and excuse the idea of being a shit.

Are you selectively reading?
    No, we aren't excusing our lack of manners, we are just pointing out that if you lack manners and proper decorum to support your own statements yourself before making them, why should we tolerate you complaining about being lambasted for being woefully wrong?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    So OP should be banned? After all he treatened them with bans. On the other side you can't threaten anyone with an insult on the net because at the end of the day you can't do anything more than flame. And to add to this intetionally stupid posts work as better trollbait inicting offtopic nonsense than bland insults.
    "Your comments are just personal attacks, contribute nothing to the discussion, and should be deleted" is not the same as "Fuck you, you stupid, retarded cunt. If I ever find out who you are, I'll come to your house and rape you to death".

One is (possibly) reasonable criticism, and an appeal for moderators to review your post. Bear in mind, the person making the criticism has no power to do so.
    The other is just a rage fueled attack at the poster him/herself, using very strong negative language and making threats.

One is ok, the other one is not.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    No, we aren't excusing our lack of manners, we are just pointing out that if you lack manners and proper decorum to support your own statements yourself before making them, why should we tolerate you complaining about being lambasted for being woefully wrong?
    Your inability to provide arguments in the face of acting like shit, other than "It doesn't matter" and "No, we're not at fault for being toxic" - shows your clear deffect in that of acting like an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Trying to disrupt a discussion and waiting for a "why ?" can be a sign of someone in the need for social validation. Or in simpler words : "hey, look at me".
    Which ignores the horse that came before the cart - horse being the persons who churn out conspiracy threads and accusatory one-liners, expecting the posters after them to reply in a constructive manner when they themselves are incapable of doing so.

- - - Updated - - -

Your inability to provide arguments in the face of acting like shit, other than "It doesn't matter" and "No, we're not at fault for being toxic" - shows your clear deffect in that of acting like an ass.
    No, the inability to provide arguments for non-arguments shows that I am properly and aptly engaging the situation.

Rubbish begets rubbish.

Deleted
    I cant see this discussion leading anywhere.
    because just pointing something out, and not making personal attacks, isn't against the regulations.
    Pointing something out is absolutely fine but if you point it out in a mean/offending way it's just unnecessary.
    If you offend him he is going to be less likely to take any advice from you.

You can make up your own rules like you have the entire thread, but you aren't in a position of authority to enforce them so your opinion is worthless.

Only reason why I make up my own rules is because this is suggestion area and original poster would like moderators to stop ignoring personal attacks.

And because I agree with him I just post some ideas here. Maybe there won't be any changes made but at least now original poster knows that there is people who share similar ideas with him and hopes that somewhere in future there will be changes made.

Deleted
    No, the inability to provide arguments for non-arguments shows that I am properly and aptly engaging the situation.

Rubbish begets rubbish.
    Person1 + Non Argument == You + Bad manners?

How does that compute in your head, other than your rationalized way of saying that you can't act better than an ass?

If someone has a non-argument, it would be equal if you provided a non-argument.

There is NO TRACE, of bad manners or insults, in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominitry View Post
    I cant see this discussion leading anywhere.

Pointing something out is absolutely fine but if you point it out in a mean/offending way it's just unnecessary.
    If you offend him he is going to be less likely to take any advice from you.
    Which is not the point anymore, but shift goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominitry View Post
    Only reason why I make up my own rules is because this is suggestion area and original poster would like moderators to stop ignoring personal attacks.
    And because I agree with him I just post some ideas here. Maybe there won't be any changes made but at least now original poster knows that there is people
    who share similar ideas with him and hopes that somewhere in future there will be changes made.
    The suggestion area isn't a place for people to make up their own imaginary definitions for terms, oddly enough it must seem to you.

By definition, it's no longer a personal attack if the attack is directed at the content, and not the contributor. Maybe you should avail yourself the required knowledge googling it up.

Which ignores the horse that came before the cart - horse being the persons who churn out conspiracy threads and accusatory one-liners, expecting the posters after them to reply in a constructive manner when they themselves are incapable of doing so.
    On that, I can side with, honestly I didn't track the poster history. Anyway even if it's the case, going all front force won't make it stop, could even make the opposite.

Person1 + Non Argument == You + Bad manners?

How does that compute in your head, other than your rationalized way of saying that you can't act better than an ass?

If someone has a non-argument, it would be equal if you provided a non-argument.

There is NO TRACE, of bad manners or insults, in that context.
    No, if you shitpost, expect people to point out you are shitposting, even though you may take the passive aggressive route and phrase/veil it in a polite manner.

Just like if you are the kind that makes threads about frivolous stuff(see Tennisace and friends), don't honestly expect people to go along with the flow instead of pointing out it's rubbish and stupid.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-06-08 at 11:42 AM.

This thread is dumb. You know damn well trying to tell people to stop being mean on the internet is only going to incite more aggression. Passive aggression*
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    No, if you shitpost, expect people to point out you are shitposting, even though you may take the passive aggressive route and phrase/veil it in a polite manner.
    That was not the question.

How, are you the judge, for being rude, against something you just deem to be a shitpost?

How many times, have it been, that people respond with something rude, just cause they disagree?

You are excusing the behavioral pattern of a 5 year old Child.

No, but saying things like "they are weak because they must only have the courage to say things like that on the internet" is blatantly breaking your standards, because it's then a personal attack that's not defensible, or provable for that matter.

I say a lot of uncomfortable truths and have a confrontational stance in real life as well, and my friends who happen to interact with me both online and out of can attest to that.
    I disagree on that, because that's not breaking my standards. I haven't attacked anyone here personally, I have only criticized the social behavior of a certain type of people here as "weak", although I admit, I was not specific enough in my statement. If people feel they belong to this group, that's up to them. I'm not saying the they wouldn't dare saying shit to people face to face, because they are afraid of getting their teeth knocked out, but there is something in their heads that tell them that "I shouldn't say this" because their parents taught them some basic decency. And they obviously think, or don't care, that these rules don't apply to communication over the internet. At any rate, I haven't told anyone here to go fuck themselves or kill themselves, or that they are generally stupid.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Just like if you are the kind that makes threads about frivolous stuff(see Tennisace and friends), don't honestly expect people to go along with the flow instead of pointing out it's rubbish and stupid.
    From what i have seen, Jaylock and friends actually post in a more wellmannered ways, compared to a lot of the Rabid flaming people, and there is a number of people who have far worse threads.

Which, still, puts to fact that even they, can behave. No matter your conviction of "Who", they are.

That was not the question.

How, are you the judge, for being rude, against something you just deem to be a shitpost?

How many times, have it been, that people respond with something rude, just cause they disagree?

You are excusing the behavioral pattern of a 5 year old Child.
    Which is wholly different from the case in the OP. Post histories are a thing, you should avail yourself with them.

Also, if you honestly can't tell if obvious conspiracy posts or blatant misinformation is shitposting, when the same persons spouts it 24/7 in every single tangentially-related thread after being honestly and constructively debunked, I can only express my utmost disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    On that, I can side with, honestly I didn't track the poster history. Anyway even if it's the case, going all front force won't make it stop, could even make the opposite.
    Assuming there's an obligation for all parties to stop.

You could try and get the mods to enforce it, good luck with that.

Right, you are toxic, i get it. Did you have anything useful to say?
    Ooh, there's another canned phrase - "toxic". You're phony and hypocritical. You're breaking out disingenuous loaded catchphrases and labels in an attempt to discredit someone in lieu of a real point and sincere thought. We both know it and it only makes it more obvious.

You're obviously one of the usual suspects with an inclination to passive-agressive shitposting. That's why the whole "stupid" thing bugs you so much. Sucks being put on the spot, right.

I imagine that you're making the same face like in your avatar right now. Was that any useful?

Deleted
    Which is wholly different from the case in the OP. Post histories are a thing, you should avail yourself with them.

Also, if you honestly can't tell if obvious conspiracy posts or blatant misinformation is shitposting, when the same persons spouts it 24/7 in every single tangentially-related thread after being honestly and constructively debunked, I can only express my utmost disappointment.
    Attacking the person instead of the argument, is a way to excuse bad behavior.

You may not take what they say seriously, but i don't see how that qualifies to you having a need to being rude.

It's like you don't grasp the concept of acting like a normal, well-functioning being.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Ooh, there's another canned phrase - "toxic". You're phony and hypocritical. You're breaking out disingenuous loaded catchphrases and labels in an attempt to discredit someone in lieu of a real point and sincere thought. We both know it and it only makes it more obvious.

I imagine that you're making the same face like in your avatar right now. Was that any useful?
    Right, it seems you don't have anything of worth to say/any argument.
    Last edited by mmoc411114546c; 2016-06-08 at 11:53 AM.