Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Good. Maybe it'll force people back into enjoying the game content and story and get the fuck off the never-ending gear treadmill.
    This appears to have been their plan, and it is working.

7+ Year Old Account
    idk dude, i still love it when i can replace a piece of gear with a better piece of gear.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You didn't answer the question about the reason of getting gear if you don't raid. Curious to see why non-raiders want stuff.
    Because this is a RPG and people like progressing there characters power. The whole point of a RPG is progression and once that stop's there is little to no point in playing.

Progression can take many forms in a RPG but the most common is character power.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Golden rule with pure RNG system we have today (based on forums): When RNG happens to you it's good. When it happens to someone else it's a problem.

Some how I doubt the OP would have a problem getting a 895 from a world quest. I mean it helps you in your raid. It makes you get into groups quicker. Over all a win. But since clearly someone else, likely "undeserving", got the luck odds are system is out of wack. Am I right or what.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Good. Maybe it'll force people back into enjoying the game content and story and get the fuck off the never-ending gear treadmill.
    That's exactly why I am enjoying it.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Legion has the best gear system I've ever seen in a MMO. Disagree 100% with op.

Deleted
    I would prefer getting less gear thrown at me but making the loot more meaningful.

5 pair of 850 ilvl pants? All are shit because of secondary stats, and I am better off using 835 from a world quest...

I would much rather prefer that all pre raid BiS gear came from 5man farming (like the old heroic dungeon system), except for the occasional Darkmoon faire trinket/world boss drop/valor or arena purchase.

Right now I can gear from everywhere, but I have no idea what stats or item level I will be getting. I've been doing all of normal and 4/7 of heroic EN, and none of the drops were upgrades... Don't think I've ever tried that before at an expansion launch..? The loot from mythic+ has also yet to reward an upgade too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Gear doesn't feel rewarding anymore, it's disconnected from progression because it can be attained anywhere. Titanforged muddies the water and means you can get mythic gear from any source now. Warforged was fine as a little bonus because it was just a small ilvl increase that didn't spill to the next level of gear, but now a quest piece can randomly be better than a mythic dungeon piece.

Blizzard think all this diablo random gear thing is good because it's a surprising and exciting when you get a random good upgrade. No, it's just frustrating when you're unlucky and relief when you finally get something, especially with legendaries. They don't let you work towards anything, it's all luck.

Remember when items were items? Oh you've got an item from Kara? Nice! Oh you've got tier! Great! You've got a legion item? What's the complex tag under it? I no longer feel any sense of joy when getting an item because it's all about the tag and the item isn't important. I miss shoulders being known because of the item istelf, not the tag. When there were only 1, maybe 2 versions of an item. (if things went back to a simple Normal Mode - Heroic mode raiding structure)

I know this is a whinge thread. It's not a positive thread but I don't think I'm crying for the sake of it. If nothing is ever said about bad things then nothing changes.
    I hated loot in D3. When the game first came out legendaries were trash so the best items were incredibly rare yellow loot. Even after that, all you do is mindlessly kill mobs and hope the piece you actually want drops. It's not rewarding. It's only worth playing as long as you enjoy killing the digital monsters. I dont think it is a good fit at all for WoW. Fortunately I still find the dungeons fun to play, but I find the gear uninspired. I dont even know which bosses drop what because it doesn't really matter.

I firmly believe Ilvl inflation is a huge detriment to the game. Shadowmourne was 50 Ilvls higher than naxx gear. Mythic items from the first raid tier will be 100 Ilvls higher than heroic dungeons. Imagine what gear is going to be like in tier 3.

Oh my gawd! I just reached gear capped for non-instanced content. This game is so dead.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Gear:Pixel itens of various colours and numbers with a specific number that determines if you can do certain content or not.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I think it feels alot more rewarding, having that small chance for a big upgrade feels really nice when you finally get one

What I hate the most about the new gearing system (besides the entirety of it) is that we have absolutely no way to grind out a piece of gear through upgrades or whatnot.

I hate RNG, I'm not lucky, and I don't roll well. If I get a pair of 850 shoulders that are awesome, I should be able to very slowly upgrade them until they hit whatever cap. Obviously very slowly, but I should always end up with something good if I spent 100 hours working on it. With the current system, I could spend 1000 hours and potentially have literally nothing to show for it.

An obliterum using normal gear, and for normal gear, essentially. That would be awesome. I want to be able to work towards that 895 trinket I enjoy, not hope it drops and feel disappointed every time it's a normal version.

Edit: I wouldn't mind the current rng upgrade system if it had a way to also guarantee the upgrades, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Yeah I dont really like it, but doesnt this work better in Diablo cos that game youre suppose to keep grinding and grinding and theres no real limit how many chances you have? For wow I guess you do have unlimited if you keep running dungeons but a lot of it is like limited to once a week/day
    Diablo 2 is a social game, not a grinding game. Diablo 3 is just bad.

The only thing that was truly rewarding in WoW was the in-game community. I never felt the gear was rewarding.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

yeah cos a guy having 1 880 item is totally the same as you having 880 in all slots

i dare you to show me one person in a couple months who doesnt raid or does high mythic+ and has the same gear as mythic raiders.

I dont know what the OP is talking about. If your mythic level raiding that gears gonna feel just as rewarding to someone whos running mythic dungeons putting in work and getting a 875 relic to drop. I felt very rewarded from doing that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You didn't answer the question about the reason of getting gear if you don't raid. Curious to see why non-raiders want stuff.
    I reached lvl 110 at the weekend, and at his average gear level of ~793, my enhancement shammy feels very squishy when dealing with 3+ world creatures at a time. I tried my hand at some of the Archaeology digsites in Azsuna, and some of those were a total nightmare. Not even elite mobs, just loads of tightly packed normal mobs!

I'd love to get some stronger gear so that I can handle things more easily out in the world, and I'm really looking forward to getting that gear via WQs and faction vendors and crafting.

This new approach to rewards, suits me far better than any previous versions of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Gear doesn't feel rewarding anymore, it's disconnected from progression because it can be attained anywhere. Titanforged muddies the water and means you can get mythic gear from any source now. Warforged was fine as a little bonus because it was just a small ilvl increase that didn't spill to the next level of gear, but now a quest piece can randomly be better than a mythic dungeon piece.
    I bet randomly, rarely obtained pieces of great gear feel rewarding to the people who get them.

Feels like the game is less about gear and more about doing content. There's a bigger variety of content than ever with an ever-ascending requisite skill level, from Mythic+ dungeons to Mythic raids, and gear is less of a barrier to participating than ever. Seems like a good thing, no?
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I like the random bonus it takes a piece of gear I was going to vendor and makes me re-evaluate if it's now a viable replacement.