Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DEMONOLOGY - Doom Nerf/Impending Doom

Unfortunately I quit for close to 2 months so I'm still working to get my last 2 points into my demo weap to get 35th trait. I can't f***ing believe they nerfed anything regarding demo. It honestly boggles my mind. They're pretty much forcing rerole's to aff. That being said, I guess I'll be building up my aff weap after I hit the 35th. In the meantime, what does everything think about this? Will you all be taking Imp Doom or DS now?
    Last edited by Elexx; 2017-01-10 at 11:00 PM.

What nerf? Impending Doom should probably only be taken if you have the Kazzak belt. And as far as Demos "nerfs" i'd say the 20% increase in felguard DMG makes Service REALLY nice and Syngery more in line with it (with its nerf). Overall i think we are in a great place, they just need to fix Demonic Empowerment its such a clunky spell and is the only thing that makes Demo warlocks right now annoying.

Deleted
    They are not nerfing Demonology though. Why do you think that?

Deleted
    Demo has been buffed not nerfed

Demonbolt was nerfed. Synergy was nerfed. Doom's time was nerfed. Those aren't bufffs, so they are nerfs @ Wrath. Galb, I do have the Kazzak belt. The only thing I'm noticing is having to cast DE more (if I really want to empower the 1 imp ID spawns). What's the best way to play Service? I haven't used it before.

Deleted
    Demonbolt was nerfed. Synergy was nerfed.
    This is true, these two talants is nerfed to balance out the 20% buff on your pet. If you do the math the nerf is about as big as the nerf.
    What this means is that the 2 talents are the same and all other talents passivly are buffed. We will also do more passive damage while moving now.

Doom's time was nerfed.
    You can choose a talent that reduces the duration on Doom. This is a BUFF though. I mean I don't understand how you can think it's a nerf when our strongest hitting spell, hits more often.
    Last edited by mmocd4a898b777; 2017-01-10 at 10:52 PM.

Yes, they balanced things, but there were nerfs. I was just stating fact. I'm not seeing a huge difference on the target dummies at the moment. Should I still be taking ID over ID now because I have the Kazzak belt? ... and Service feels clunky to me, especially trying to use it in an opener to setup TKC.

Just stay unsubbed and stop trolling the forums. I don't understand how a guy who hasn't even hit 35 artifact power is going around making declarations about the state of a spec.

Also, I don't see anything in the official patch notes about a 20% increase in Felguard damage. It's listed nowhere. Can you link it to me @Galb?

Nevermind. Bad eyes. I gotcha.

Deleted
    This is what you wrote:
    I can't f***ing believe they nerfed demo.
    That is the opposite of
    I was just stating fact.
    Because they are not nerfing demo.

Deleted
    Imp, Succubus, Voidwalker, Felhunter, and Felguard damage increased by

The very first thing on the Warlock notes

Also it says no where that doom was nerfed

Dude pls read the patch notes i will post them for you ...lets calculate.

Demonbolt damage bonus is now 18% (was 20%). here what you see i just asking ... so if you see some logs Demonbolt are close 85% from your DPS, so from your DPS how % you loose here ... you can alone find the answer.

Grimoire of Synergy bonus damage is now 25% (was 40%). here proc are 15 sec on every min that meant you get 10% buff for all time (15 sec from 60 are 1/4 40/4 =10) here u get close half % nerf so the mats say you will not get 10% buff now u will get 5.5%

now we go for Legendary items here guys is the big NERF

(Demonology) Sin'dorei Spite: For 25 seconds after casting Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal, you and your minions deal 15% (was 30%) increased damage
    Mats again

CD on Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal is 3 min... for 9 min (because are easy for calculate) you can use this 3 times for 25 sec. This is 1 min and 15 sec
    you get 30% DMG buff for 9 min fight u get close 3% to your DPS now you will have 1,5%

and if you calculate all % ...are close 10% DPS nerf
    if you make 320k not u will go on last 288k ... you can't go on Mythic raids any more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gondoro View Post
    Dude pls read the patch notes i will post them for you ...lets calculate.

Demonbolt damage bonus is now 18% (was 20%). here what you see i just asking ... so if you see some logs Demonbolt are close 85% from your DPS, so from your DPS how % you loose here ... you can alone find the answer.

Grimoire of Synergy bonus damage is now 25% (was 40%). here proc are 15 sec on every min that meant you get 10% buff for all time (15 sec from 60 are 1/4 40/4 =10) here u get close half % nerf so the mats say you will not get 10% buff now u will get 5.5%

now we go for Legendary items here guys is the big NERF

(Demonology) Sin'dorei Spite: For 25 seconds after casting Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal, you and your minions deal 15% (was 30%) increased damage
    Mats again

CD on Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal is 3 min... for 9 min (because are easy for calculate) you can use this 3 times for 25 sec. This is 1 min and 15 sec
    you get 30% DMG buff for 9 min fight u get close 3% to your DPS now you will have 1,5%

and if you calculate all % ...are close 10% DPS nerf
    if you make 320k not u will go on last 288k ... you can't go on Mythic raids any more
    You have to remember though, not everyone has those bracers, so you can't really include them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gondoro View Post
    you will not get 10% buff now u will get 5.5%
    The problem with people like you are that you see this 5,5% nerf (that you claim) and forget that it only affects 60% of the overall damage you do. So it's not 5,5% nerf it's in that case 2,7%.

You also don't calculate that when the pet now do 20% more damage, it also gets buffed more by synergy + artifact trait + you do this damage while moving etc etc.

Demonbolt are close 85% from your DPS
    Demonbolt do around 12% of your overall damage...

To claim that Demo warlocks will do 10% less dps require way more evidence than that. Logs, anything else is just opinions.

Personally I will play the game tomorrow and compare my logs.
    Last edited by mmocd4a898b777; 2017-01-11 at 01:05 AM.

With all the tweaks the classes went under with the secondary stat balance, added to the balancing of the power legendaries and the "balancing" of synergy I gotta say demo just feels worse it certainly doesn't feel buffed.

To go from a 65%(With Syn and Spite) to 40%(with both) just does not feel great. I am not behind the pack by any means but I am certainly not where I was pre 7.1.5

That being said TKS discord QoL still pretty nice
    Last edited by Drakile; 2017-01-11 at 01:46 PM.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathran View Post
    This is true, these two talants is nerfed to balance out the 20% buff on your pet. If you do the math the nerf is about as big as the nerf.
    What this means is that the 2 talents are the same and all other talents passivly are buffed. We will also do more passive damage while moving now.

You can choose a talent that reduces the duration on Doom. This is a BUFF though. I mean I don't understand how you can think it's a nerf when our strongest hitting spell, hits more often.

No kidding doom only does damage when it ends. If you have a talent that can make it end 3 seconds sooner that is huge especially given how hard it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexx View Post
    Demonbolt was nerfed. Synergy was nerfed. Doom's time was nerfed. Those aren't bufffs, so they are nerfs @ Wrath. Galb, I do have the Kazzak belt. The only thing I'm noticing is having to cast DE more (if I really want to empower the 1 imp ID spawns). What's the best way to play Service? I haven't used it before.

Its a buff overall and a nerf on specific spells. Did a few dummy tests and as far as i can tell i gained dps after the patch. We didnt get the qol changes we wanted but well be fine for a while i guess.

Deleted
    So now I have played the game, I don't do sims or stuff like that.

In EN hc I do a little more damage with the same gear and talents (the talents that got nerfed).

For example on Ursoc I did before patch 476k dps and today 510k dps, both was at 97%. Only difference since then is that I have 1 Artifact Power more for 0,5% extra damage. On Nythendra 505k vs 515k at 875 ilvl.
    On Helya HC when I used shadowflame, implosion and darkglare I did before patch 348k dps, and today 413k.

So when I play demonology it is not nerfed, it is buffed.
    Last edited by mmocd4a898b777; 2017-01-11 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexx View Post
    Doom's time was nerfed. Those aren't bufffs, so they are nerfs
    Except that is a buff and you simply don't understand how it works. It's also a talent.

Deleted
    I sim 40k less dps since the patch from 596 to 559 - mainly because bracers are getting nerfed, demon bolt nerfed, secondary stats nerfed, arans ruby nerfed and synergy being replaced with service isn't pulling the weight.

I can only see this getting worse since none of our tools have been improved meaning on progression we might be forced to go affliction or destruction.