Thoughts on that last episode? The previous one was definitely the high point, but I am intrigued by Aida - and still not sure if her purpose is good or bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Thoughts on that last episode? The previous one was definitely the high point, but I am intrigued by Aida - and still not sure if her purpose is good or bad.
    Well, she said herself, she is learning. And she projected that human brain in an earlier episode. I think she wants to become human. But that probably leads to corruption, she did read that book after all... I hope not though, I liked her, was hoping she'd turn out to become a regular.

But this is Shield, everything is possible. And expect the unexpected anyway.

Nothing good comes from that book.

Deleted
    Well, she's a bit like Ultron - I think the book broaden her mind and she probably realized, that to best way to protect everyone is to replace everyone with LMD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Never gonna happen
    Could just show his hand emerging from a portal, wouldn't even need a voiceover.

She probably created the human brain - android interface for LMDs (or, an early version that copied May)

The book was written by Cthon, an elder god that was the first to master black magic. Any technology derived from it isn't going to be pretty. From what I can assume, it interfaces with the reader, gives the person in question what it wants, then perverts it. It takes a powerful awareness to get exactly what one wants. The only benefit derived from the Darkhold I recall ever reading in the comic books was the "Montesi Formula," which Dr. Strange was able to cast and "permanently" banish vampires from reality. (As permanent as writers allowed anyway)

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand why they did not just delete her memory after reading the book.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I just don't understand why they did not just delete her memory after reading the book.
    They needed her to do the same trick the very next episode, so good thing they didn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    They needed her to do the same trick the very next episode, so good thing they didn't.
    Then they could have deleted her memory then....I can't believe they were this stupid.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they could have deleted her memory then....I can't believe they were this stupid.
    How is it "stupid"? They got the machine to read the book because machines (they thought) couldn't be twisted by it. It seemed to work the first time. They've had absolutely no indication that Ada's having issues or is anything but helpful.

You don't factory reset your computer every time it loads a new program, do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    How is it "stupid"? They got the machine to read the book because machines (they thought) couldn't be twisted by it. It seemed to work the first time. They've had absolutely no indication that Ada's having issues or is anything but helpful.

You don't factory reset your computer every time it loads a new program, do you?
    If I install a program that I know has the possibility to cause huge problems, I would. Have a back up. You install a 'useful' virus into your computer, what are you going to do? Leave it there? These are the exact reason Shield has protocols and BS. They should have been smarter.

The redshirt agents job was to take all of the Android research and Aida back to the shield base. She would have gotten a full diagnostic once there. No one realized she had already gone crazy

If I install a program that I know has the possibility to cause huge problems, I would. Have a back up. You install a 'useful' virus into your computer, what are you going to do? Leave it there? These are the exact reason Shield has protocols and BS. They should have been smarter.
    Or maybe they did all of that off-screen, and the Darkhold had already corrupted her on a hardware level so her restored backups were immediately compromised upon reloading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    The redshirt agents job was to take all of the Android research and Aida back to the shield base. She would have gotten a full diagnostic once there. No one realized she had already gone crazy
    Or that, yes. What, was SHIELD just going to trust that Radcliffe had scrubber her memory? And Radcliffe's judgement has already been shown to be poor, as he was playing guitar instead of checking her.

Holy shit.

H O L Y S H I T

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Holy shit.

H O L Y S H I T
    looks like I need to watch the new episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    looks like I need to watch the new episode.
    They came back from the break with a vengeance, I'll tell you that!

Well, I guess the good doctor Radcliffe got corrupted by the book by glancing inside it for a few seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Well, I guess the good doctor Radcliffe got corrupted by the book by glancing inside it for a few seconds.
    I mean, http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Darkhold. The damn thing's arguably THE most concentrated book of evil corrupting forces that exists in the Marvel Universe, in the comics at least. It's responsible for stuff like "creating vampires". Like, literally creating the CONCEPT from scratch, not just turning an individual into one.

This really shouldn't have been a huge shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think when Coulson mentioned they were going to take the book to someone who knew how to dispose of it, they were alluding to Dr. Strange?