Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honestly, people react negatively to criticism for a reason, because how much of even supposedly constructive criticism is genuinely well-intentioned, and how much of it is just passive aggressive shit talking? If you actually go on Facebook to solicit advice and take the negative comments to heart, I would seriously fear for your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You forgot to give her a participation trophy for asking the question, that is were you messed up.
    Since you bring that up, maybe you can explain how millennials are all given "participation trophies" all the time for everything. Starting with what it is. I'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    Millenials are catapulted out of college with STEM and Business degrees but can't find work or their own livelihoods because Baby Boomers aren't dying fast enough.
    Just becuase you pay X amount of dollars and spent X amount of time in school does not make you useful.

There is lots of jobs out there, you probably wouldn't like to them though. And then you lambaste the previous generation for chasing comfort.

If you cant find work thats your problem, not the evil baby boomers

Also - baby boomers are all dead by now.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Perhaps its the way you explained it? I mean if you told her (exaggerating ofc): How come you not understand this you dumb whore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The youngest boomers are in their 60s right now. So no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    If you want to know why Millennials can't take criticism, you have to look to the Gen Xers and Boomers who raised them.
    One of the key traits of a Millennial is not being able to accept responsibility for ones actions.

Wow, wish someone had told me that before I made my nan a cup of tea this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

My parents are baby boomers and are alive and well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    One of the key traits of a Millennial is not being able to accept responsibility for ones actions.
    Aint that ironic huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Of course. They've been told that alcoholism and drug addictions are "diseases" for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The youngest boomers are in their 60s right now. So no.
    But I saw two or three died... so they must all be dead.

Point taken I hope ---> OP

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Isn't "millenial" a racist slur or something?.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    People make fun of Millennials for needing participation trophies. No one realizes that its the parents that are handing it to them.

Silly boomers.
    That would be Silly Gen-Xers

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Perhaps its the way you explained it? I mean if you told her (exaggerating ofc): How come you not understand this you dumb whore
    Well that's rude. Why would anyone talk to someone like that. All I did was explain to her that you need ato least two sugar gliders because they are colony animals and self mutilate when they get depressed. Which is the truth. She wanted justification for buying just one with no intention of getting a second one because "reasons." It's as if her ego is more important than the sugar gliders health and well being.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    But I saw two or three died... so they must all be dead.

Point taken I hope ---> OP
    I'm not the OP, but what we're pointing out is a massive trend with millennials going on in the US workforce... not anecdotal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by amyiah38 View Post
    Isn't "millenial" a racist slur or something?.
    Technically no, but some people have used it for practically the same purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I can tell just by your posts in this thread whatever you told the girl was almost certainly condescending, if not outright offensive.

I don't think it's that people have a problem with criticism, I think people have a problem with douchebags that act superior. This is the same reason that Trump supporters get mad when they're called out on their ignorance. It's the same reason you'll respond to me in a negative/angry tone because I called you out on your douchebaggery.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Well that's rude. Why would anyone talk to someone like that. All I did was explain to her that you need ato least two sugar gliders because they are colony animals and self mutilate when they get depressed. Which is the truth. She wanted justification for buying just one with no intention of getting a second one because "reasons." It's as if her ego is more important than the sugar gliders health and well being.
    I mean it was an exxageration. But it really depends on how you said it. Hard to make a judgement without the full conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Blanket statements about large groups of people based off the interaction with one person. Makes sense.
    Indeed, clearly the intelligent reasoning. Maybe non-millennials are just that stupid, now that we deal in blanket statements?

As a millennial, I'm quite capable of taking criticism. I'm my biggest critic at that.
    People that can't take criticism have been around for as long as there's been people. Ain't got nothing to do with when they were born, obviously.