Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    they need to add serious scaling to phantom singularity. its just not worth taking even for fight light Spellblade where its suppose to shine.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Soul Effigy was fine as a concept. It was the implementation that made it shit.

In fights like Guarm where the range and despawining problems didn;t happen it was fine.

Effigy was crap because it was unrewarding compared to the effort required to use it properly and because of it's fixed position

As a concept it was great.

Lord knows what piec eof garbage we'll get

Deleted
    Effigy was a piece of shit, most boring and uncreative talent ever.

Mages didnt want it first time around, why the fuck should warlocks get a shit talent no one ever wanted?

Deleted
    Scale phantom by 2000% and we are good.

Deleted
    Hard to see how a flat 15% damage increase is going to compensate for a nerf to MG from 70% to 25%

For example. UA hits 70% harder under MG.

After the change, it's going to hit about 45% harder under MG. That's allowing for the fact that the UA will be 15% stronger and thus the 25% will compound with that.

Even when one allows for "all affliction damage" such as Drain Soul itself and maybe even the Doomguard (I willbe suprised if that actually gets a 15% buff) which are not affected by MG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Your argument is that we should lose Effigy so that we aren't good in certain spots? Is this real life? I get we play warlocks, but why the hell are so many of you masochists?

And yes, GOD FORBID. I don't want to be bad on any fight, thanks. And I certainly don't want to feel like I have to swap to Demo/Destro on fights.
    Because Effigy was the worst designed talent i've ever played with and i'm glad to see it gone. We won't be bad on every fight. But neither will we be Gods on every fight. Affliction will do perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Because Effigy was the worst designed talent i've ever played with and i'm glad to see it gone. We won't be bad on every fight. But neither will we be Gods on every fight. Affliction will do perfectly fine.
    WORST DESIGNED. I wont ever get tired of hearing this shit. If y8u think it was that bad, it says a lot more about you as a player than effigy as a talent. It was actualpy very powerrul and kind of fun. Annoying sometimes sure, but a hell of a lot more interesting and entertaining to use than SC or PS, or any other talent affliction has, which are alll boring as hell.

Deleted
    Yep, I liked the Soul Effigy concept, it was really good on a fight like Guarm

If it had been tethered to the caster and had done lets says 50% instead of 35% there'd be a lot less hate for it.

Great concept, fitted with afliction's damage-through-dots concept

But the actual way it worked was awful/

The big issue is that affliction is overperforming due to the excessively high Warth and Reap uptimes in Nighthold

Which will not happen in Sargeras cos most of the fights do not have lots of taggable little adds

It is mostly single target or cleave fights, just tis change is a big "nerf" to affliction

Expect the rankings to be dominated by ST gods who aren;t reliant on flakey maint. buffs like Wrath

Remember EN where Wrath did fuck all?
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-04-22 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Hard to see how a flat 15% damage increase is going to compensate for a nerf to MG from 70% to 25%

For example. UA hits 70% harder under MG.

After the change, it's going to hit about 45% harder under MG. That's allowing for the fact that the UA will be 15% stronger and thus the 25% will compound with that.

Even when one allows for "all affliction damage" such as Drain Soul itself and maybe even the Doomguard (I willbe suprised if that actually gets a 15% buff) which are not affected by MG.
    Drain soul uptime on a given fight is only about 35-40%. Though our dps is obviously not linear (e.g. you dump UAs only when you are ready to drain), the majority of your dps uptime is actually spent outside of a drain cycle. I don't doubt that our dps will overall go down, but it won't be such a drastic hit as people are fearing.

Deleted
    WORST DESIGNED. I wont ever get tired of hearing this shit. If y8u think it was that bad, it says a lot more about you as a player than effigy as a talent. It was actualpy very powerrul and kind of fun. Annoying sometimes sure, but a hell of a lot more interesting and entertaining to use than SC or PS, or any other talent affliction has, which are alll boring as hell.
    IF something requires 3rd party addons and few macros, to execute effectively then yes, it is a POOR DESIGN. Not to mention out-of-range or 're-setup' on new target/new position problems... Poor design in case of soul effigy is a fact not a personal opinion...

As for FUN - well, less boring than other options, but sometimes frustrating...
    POWERFUL (very) - the only time when it was powerful in EN was dragons. And it probably was an unintended bug?

p.s. You making remarks, to someone being a bad player, instead of giving arguments to defend your views, says more about your mental age than effigy as a good talent

Quote Originally Posted by Pekaes View Post
    IF something requires 3rd party addons and few macros, to execute effectively then yes, it is a POOR DESIGN. Not to mention out-of-range or 're-setup' on new target/new position problems... Poor design in case of soul effigy is a fact not a personal opinion...

As for FUN - well, less boring than other options, but sometimes frustrating...
    POWERFUL (very) - the only time when it was powerful in EN was dragons. And it probably was an unintended bug?

p.s. You making remarks, to someone being a bad player, instead of giving arguments to defend your views, says more about your mental age than effigy as a good talent
    Effigy doesn't require any 3rd party add ons. It also doesn't require macros. It can be out ranged, but so can lots of things. You can drop any number of AoE skills in this game that mobs move out of/tank pulls them out of. You can use a skill like Rune of Power and be forced out of it by mechanics/mobs moving.

Effigy has flaws, but POOR DESIGN is a reach. I've defended effigy. It has flaws, and I don't take it often, but know it's there, and that it serves an important purpose, and that I can ues it when I need it, is comforting. I'd also rather have the devil I know than the devil I don't. You all are way too confident that blizzard is going to solve this problem in a way that makes all you kiddies happy AND replaces the niche in which effigy was extremely useful.

As to my mental age, when people blame their inability to use something effectively that others do so with virtually zero effort on a 3rd party add on or a macro, then yes, it is that person being a bad player, because good players have always used those things to differentiate themselves. That is what makes them good players, using everything at their disposal to get as much out of their character as possible. They aren't good players because they can hit 2 in their keyboard harder and faster than you, or because they're "lucky" or "cuz gear".

Deleted
    I could use Effigy just fine. But it was definitely not fun for me to use. Phantom Singularity is kind of pointless, anyway.

I could use Effigy just fine. But it was definitely not fun for me to use. Phantom Singularity is kind of pointless, anyway.
    But Conduit is fun right? And every talent needs to be super fun. I mean MG is fun (no, it isn't), Contagion is fun. Grim Supremacy is fun, Burning rush is fun. Everything should be like Meteor I guess. Hit a button and watch something fall from the sky for numbers!

Effigy has flaws, but POOR DESIGN is a reach.
    Pretty sure the continual claims of 'poor design' is more pointed at the whole "why in the ever loving fuck would I want to multidot on a single target fight". You know, like Blizzard addressed. The rest of it is mere justifications for why they feel that way. Which whether you feel that way or not is immaterial. Feel free to continue to 'defend it' just do so knowing that you aren't convincing anyone who does have an issue with it of anything. Personally, I rather detest the whole 'all dots all the time' "playstyle" so many continue to clamor for, and it is why I don't play affliction for anything other than soloing world quests.

Deleted
    But Conduit is fun right? And every talent needs to be super fun. I mean MG is fun (no, it isn't), Contagion is fun. Grim Supremacy is fun, Burning rush is fun. Everything should be like Meteor I guess. Hit a button and watch something fall from the sky for numbers!
    I do prefer the chance of chain dotting 5 UAs and seeing 1m+ crit ticks over a little object with 1 dot on it..

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Pretty sure the continual claims of 'poor design' is more pointed at the whole "why in the ever loving fuck would I want to multidot on a single target fight". You know, like Blizzard addressed. The rest of it is mere justifications for why they feel that way. Which whether you feel that way or not is immaterial. Feel free to continue to 'defend it' just do so knowing that you aren't convincing anyone who does have an issue with it of anything. Personally, I rather detest the whole 'all dots all the time' "playstyle" so many continue to clamor for, and it is why I don't play affliction for anything other than soloing world quests.
    The reason I would want to muti dot on a single target fight is because it is the quintessential dot spec of WoW. There are plenty of other specs to play. Why does everyone feel the need homogenize affliction with other specs? Just because you want to play warlock? Just because you want to say you play "affliction"? gimme a break.

Affliction would be much better off if all the people who thought effigy should be removed just played demo instead.

Deleted
    The reason I would want to muti dot on a single target fight is because it is the quintessential dot spec of WoW. There are plenty of other specs to play. Why does everyone feel the need homogenize affliction with other specs? Just because you want to play warlock? Just because you want to say you play "affliction"? gimme a break.

Affliction would be much better off if all the people who thought effigy should be removed just played demo instead.
    Demo is a garbage spec. It's even worse designed than Effigy. Any movement? RIP rotation. 20% haste required to be able to play the rotation properly. Etc etc etc.

I do prefer the chance of chain dotting 5 UAs and seeing 1m+ crit ticks over a little object with 1 dot on it..
    You prefer the mind numbing simplicity of Conduit affliction is what you mean. Which I've known all along.

- - - Updated - - -

Demo is a garbage spec. It's even worse designed than Effigy. Any movement? RIP rotation. 20% haste required to be able to play the rotation properly. Etc etc etc.
    Jesus, I'm glad you aren't a developer. What the hell do you think should be the limitation? Should we not even have to stand still to drain soul? These trash opinions are why warlocks are getting jerked around so hard.

Deleted
    You prefer the mind numbing simplicity of Conduit affliction is what you mean. Which I've known all along.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus, I'm glad you aren't a developer. What the hell do you think should be the limitation? Should we not even have to stand still to drain soul? These trash opinions are why warlocks are getting jerked around so hard.
    I mean, all Effigy adds is a second target for you to keep your DoTs on. If you really think it adds depth to the spec than you have never tried Focus Rage as an Arms Warrior.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth. I'm done arguing with you.

"I like it this way, so get the fuck out and go play something else!!!!!!!11!!1!"

Yeah. Truly, the bestest of defenses.