Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroes Of The Storm 2.0 Launch Notes - April 25, 2017

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/...2017-4-25-2017

Highly unlikely that I'll get this Blue Post-ified(TM) tonight. There are a few balance changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Highly unlikely that I'll get this Blue Post-ified(TM) tonight. There are a few balance changes.
    Relax, you're working overtime already. B.net currently down for me btw with a maintenance message.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Relax, you're working overtime already. B.net currently down for me btw with a maintenance message.
    I can't relax, there's an information overload to process!

An unneeded Valeera nerf right on patch day without any ptr action... really weird move from Blizzard especially since she was underpowered and easily countered. I guess the fact that most HotS players are of a too low skillcap to deal with a stealthy is a decent reason for a nerf, but I would actually prefer them to just make QM bans or let people choose 1-2 heroes they don't want to get matched with.

Deleted
    Err, no. You're not allowed to have that nervous breakdown tonight. With that Ryme dude - him of questionable character - hiding behind that flimsy 'work overseas' excuse, you're essential for our information and entertainment needs. Sorry, not sorry.

Err, no. You're not allowed to have that nervous breakdown tonight. With that Ryme dude - him of questionable character - hiding behind that flimsy 'work overseas' excuse, you're essential for our information and entertainment needs. Sorry, not sorry.
    I love you too. xD

15+ Year Old Account
    I love you too. xD
    No time for this mate, get back to work

*cracks whip*
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    No time for this mate, get back to work

*cracks whip*
    Our romance had plenty whip cracking even before you interfered. Meanie.

This thread is clearly going places.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck..? Nerfing Valeera because of stupid Quick Match, great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing cold blood and nerfing eviscerate at same time? BLASPHEMY!

Yeah, those Valeera nerfs are bullshit. If not being able to counterpick an annoying hero in QM is so frustrating, where have the Chromie nerfs been for the past 6 (?) months? -.- Also don't really see why they nerfed damage this hard but preserved her high HP.

If there's one type of hero that I am perfectly okay with being useless, it's stealthy burst assassins like Valeera and Nova. It's not like it's possible to balance them properly anyways, might as well just remove them from the game.

• Braxis Holdout
    • Cursed Hollow
    • Infernal Shrines
    • Hanamura
    • Sky Temple
    • Towers of Doom

This seems to be the current map rotation. Has anyone had a map not on this list?

10+ Year Old Account
    No Garden of Terror? Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    If there's one type of hero that I am perfectly okay with being useless, it's stealthy burst assassins like Valeera and Nova. It's not like it's possible to balance them properly anyways, might as well just remove them from the game.
    Valeera was balanced in all serious modes, just not in QM.

However, since she is a Rogue. I think there should have been stronger focus on her lockdown capability to differentiate her from Zeratul. Valeera is just more forgiving Hero as her abilities are easy to execute when comparing her with the dark templar, but their burst is comparable. I mean, if she had talent to turn Eviscerate into Kidney Shot or other finishers, it would be cool.

Weren't Rogues always more about CC than raw damage?

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post

However, since she is a Rogue. I think there should have been stronger focus on her lockdown capability to differentiate her from Zeratul. Valeera is just more forgiving Hero as her abilities are easy to execute when comparing her with the dark templar, but their burst is comparable. I mean, if she had talent to turn Eviscerate into Kidney Shot or other finishers, it would be cool.

Well there's the problem. She shouldn't be able to make QM insufferable just because she's balanced about other modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Well there's the problem. She shouldn't be able to make QM insufferable just because she's balanced about other modes.
    Yeah, but also QM shouldn't affect balance in other game modes.

I am just not a fan of taking something while giving nothing in return when Hero is fine in proper matches.

I am not saying Ambush build is completely fine, but it is the only way to play her. She has no CC outside of stealth abilities and using those CC tools requires her to hug enemy Heroes in order to use them. The reason Valeera saw any play was because she could obliterate annoying high mobility Heroes with Ambush + Coldblood Eviscerate combo.

Was it healthy for the game considering we already have Zeratul? No, but just give her heavy single target CC to make her unique. Not just nerf the sh*t out of a Hero, she doesn't even have crazy winrate in QM to begin with.

Damn it, balance changes like those irritate me so much.

With that Ryme dude - him of questionable character
    ...Strokes ban button...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post

She wasn't balanced, she was OP until they tuned her burst down the first time and then made completely useless. Y'know, exactly the same thing that happened to Nova.

These characters have to be either overpowered or unusable, because they can either 1-shot someone with zero counterplay or they can't. The only thing that saves Zeratul from the same fate is Void Prison.

15+ Year Old Account
    • Braxis Holdout
    • Cursed Hollow
    • Infernal Shrines
    • Hanamura
    • Sky Temple
    • Towers of Doom

This seems to be the current map rotation. Has anyone had a map not on this list?
    I have played both Warhead and ToSQ with 2.0
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I have played both Warhead and ToSQ with 2.0
    Which gamemode?