Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, 2. Unless Argus holds no raid at all.

Who cares, FFXIV had to die before their team learnt how to do it.
    I could had sworn blizz stated at the start there would be 3 raid tiers , not 4.

Seems more plausible we go to Argus at the end the way we came to broken shore at the end of WOD.

The announcement for 8.0 is gonna come before the second raid tier? Are you guys trolling? We don't even know what's happening in 7.3. Lets worry about legion guys.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I don't think there will be another expansion.
    You think the next one will be WoW 2 then? Because that's the only way Blizzard/Activision won't want to sell expansion boxes at 60 bucks a pop, character boosts, ect. The hope that WoW will soon no longer be profitable in a foreseeable future is a pipe dream. Especially with the introduction of the WoW token, heavy popularity of micro-transactions, character services and the proliferation of wow gold as a viable currency across all Blizzard games and Destiny 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Probably not a normal class as that would need an order hall and artifact weapons for the 100-110 leveling, but A new hero class is possible.

It can even be three more if Argus isn't the last patch.

The devs seem to care as they always seem to release stuff at the same time. Also, you really fond of this: XIV had to die thing. So what? They learned from it. WoW also died. It was called WoD. They just didn't have the guts to acnknowledge it as such.
    I don't think you know what "died" means

If you think they're gonna announce an expansion before blizzcon you are DELUSIONAL, TOS isn't even out yet. stil barely any info on 7.3 we'll get an expansion announcement at blizzcon and not sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not a normal class as that would need an order hall and artifact weapons for the 100-110 leveling, but A new hero class is possible.

It can even be three more if Argus isn't the last patch.

The devs seem to care as they always seem to release stuff at the same time. Also, you really fond of this: XIV had to die thing. So what? They learned from it. WoW also died. It was called WoD. They just didn't have the guts to acnknowledge it as such.
    No, WoW haven't died, not like XIV did....
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    I don't think you know what "died" means
    Nah pretty sure WoD was as much dead as Final Fnatasy XIV 1.0 was. A mess that everybody hated, critics and players included. It also lost so many subscribers, that Blizzard stopped releasing subscriber numbers. They just didn't publicly apologize and sack the entire dev team. It was about as much of a failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.3 stuff? In august? That would be pretty late. Also, it would fit the math. All expansions were released a year after being announced and lasted for two years. Legion was released last august.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Expansion
    Gamescom two years ago was an outlier. Some think it was a panic move caused by the Wod-tanic going down and they couldn't afford the wait for Blizzcon proper. But Gamescom fell in a period when they had no further content in the pipeline for WOD. That is not the case this time, people are still excited about Legion and eager to hear about the content.

There is no value for Blizzard in overshadowing 7.3 and the fall of the Legion story, something bound to produce a decent bump in subs, by announcing the next step in the story too soon.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-05-19 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralilioth View Post
    If you think they're gonna announce an expansion before blizzcon you are DELUSIONAL, TOS isn't even out yet. stil barely any info on 7.3 we'll get an expansion announcement at blizzcon and not sooner.
    7.2 came out in January. It is currently May. Gamescom will be in August. That is seven months from 7.2. An expansion usually spends a year in development after announcement. The shortest was MoP with 11 months. So that is 18 months from 7.2. For a maximum of two content patches. The shortest time between the last raid patch and the new expansion was 7 months with TBC.

I think I'll take that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ralilioth View Post
    To be fair they DID announce Legion at Gamescom, not at Blizzcon, but I would think that August, hardly a year into the expansion is too soon. So I'll put my money on Blizzcon, too.

Ion did confirm in the last Q&A that there will be a raid on Argus, too.

That means release of ToS at the end of june, next big raid if it's a tier raid, 6 months later? Release of next expac 8 or 9 months after that?
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2017-05-19 at 02:30 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    7.2 came out in January. It is currently May. Gamescom will be in August. That is seven months from 7.2. An expansion usually spends a year in development after announcement. The shortest was MoP with 11 months. So that is 18 months from 7.2. For a maximum of two content patches. The shortest time between the last raid patch and the new expansion was 7 months with TBC.

I think I'll take that bet.
    Okay, so 7.2 actually didn't come out in January, that was 7.1.5 which was the Nighthold release. 7.2, aka the broken shore, came out in April. So actually, its been about a month and a half of "current shit", at least do a little research before saying something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    To be fair they DID announce Legion at Gamescom, not at Blizzcon, but I would think that August, hardly a year into the expansion is too soon. So I'll put my money on Blizzcon, too.

Ion did confirm in the last Q&A that there will be a raid on Argus, too.

That means release of ToS at the end of june, next big raid if it's a tier raid, 6 months later? Release of next expac 8 or 9 months after that?
    I would put my money on that time line as well, they're not going to risk the subscriber base with another SoO/HFC content drought again, it would be suicide. If you look at numbers, MoP was strong until the last 6 months of the Xpac when the drought was real bad, and the WoD was basically just one giant drought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Okay, so 7.2 actually didn't come out in January, that was 7.1.5 which was the Nighthold release. 7.2, aka the broken shore, came out in April. So actually, its been about a month and a half of "current shit", at least do a little research before saying something.

- - - Updated - - -

I would put my money on that time line as well, they're not going to risk the subscriber base with another SoO/HFC content drought again, it would be suicide. If you look at numbers, MoP was strong until the last 6 months of the Xpac when the drought was real bad, and the WoD was basically just one giant drought.
    Ahh, knew something was off. It was put on the PTR in January. My bad. But frankly gamescom and blizzcon are three months appart. It doesn't matter that much. If it is BlizzCon, we will have more time to speculate.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-05-19 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, new something was off. It was put on the PTR in January. My bad. But frankly gamescom and blizzcon are three months appart. It doesn't matter that much. If it is BlizzCon, we will have more time to speculate.
    It's going to be Blizzcon. 7.3 should be going on the PTR in July or early August, and they can use Gamescom to talk about it or other games.

They can't undercut the hype for 7.3 by talking about the next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It's going to be Blizzcon. 7.3 should be going on the PTR in July or early August, and they can use Gamescom to talk about it or other games.

They can't undercut the hype for 7.3 by talking about the next expansion.
    Perhaps. Bottom line is, the expansion will be revealed during Blizzcon at the very least. Is half a year too long to speculate? Maybe. I don't think it is. Fake leaks are already comming out of reddit. And it's not like we can't guess what the next expanison will be about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I could had sworn blizz stated at the start there would be 3 raid tiers , not 4.

Seems more plausible we go to Argus at the end the way we came to broken shore at the end of WOD.
    There will be 3 tiers.
    The one we're in right now, containing EN, ToV and NH.
    The one in a month or two containing ToS
    The one after which has been heavily hinted at/confirmed to be Argus.

And how would it make sense for us to go to Argus next expansion? We'd have two expansion in a row fighting the same enemy? People whined about orcs being kinda big antagonists for 2, think they'd do it again? The planet is fairly dead too, there's only one type of environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps. Bottom line is, the expansion will be revealed during Blizzcon at the very least. Is half a year too long to speculate? Maybe. I don't think it is. Fake leaks are already comming out of reddit. And it's not like we can't guess what the next expanison will be about.
    Fake leaks always appear at this time. The potential, no matter how unlikely, for an announcement at Gamescom could be making the fake leaks worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There will be 3 tiers.
    The one we're in right now, containing EN, ToV and NH.
    The one in a month or two containing ToS
    The one after which has been heavily hinted at/confirmed to be Argus.

And how would it make sense for us to go to Argus next expansion? We'd have two expansion in a row fighting the same enemy? People whined about orcs being kinda big antagonists for 2, think they'd do it again? The planet is fairly dead too, there's only one type of environment.
    Not to mention we didn't actually go to the Broken Shore at the end of WoD. That was the pre-expansion patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Fake leaks always appear at this time. The potential, no matter how unlikely, for an announcement at Gamescom could be making the fake leaks worse.
    Exactly. Fake leaks appear at this time. The speculations are pretty much on.

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly. Fake leaks appear at this time. The speculations are pretty much on.
    Speculation is fine, but I am just saying it is wildly unlikely Gamescom will be the venue for the announcement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cata-No content
    Mop- content
    Wod- No content
    Legion- "content"
    8.0 next expansion- Guess What no content
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I can see an 8.0 announcement at gamescom... gamescom 2018. no way its coming this year less its at blizzcon which will likely be right around 7.3 go live.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22