View Poll Results: Would you like to see the original Alterac Valley added to pvp brawl.

Voters
143. This poll is closed
  • No

26 18.18%
  • Yes

117 81.82%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

The original epic Alterac Valley for brawl?

Would you support the original Alterac Valley coming back in pvp brawl. I'm talking about pre nerf when the elites were elite, when you could get summon the bosses and had plenty of time to. Or when you could get the air support going.
    Even if you were not a fan or never played it, would its addition to pvp brawl hurt you? It's clear I'd like to see it but many hated it.

Watch this video for a recap on the old Alterac Valley and memory lane for some.

https://youtu.be/xQj2fbUGaDE?t=20
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of a very few things that would get me to re-sub again. I might not stay long, but I'd definitely come back for a month to experience the original AV again.

Absolutely yes.

The problem with brawls is that the gap between each new brawl being a week is too long. There needs to be an option to play multiple brawls or the week gap needs to go away. This problem will only get worse as more brawls are added.

Given how fast the current Deepwind Dunk brawl was hotfixed to give it a timer, I'd say that a multi-day Altarec Valley brawl would be reviled by an overwhelming majority of the player base...

I like to queue specifically for AV with hopes of getting a turtle going.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Fuck me I'd be getting in from work, eating my tea then straight on the computer to play the shit out of it for a week

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smauldy View Post
    Absolutely yes.

The problem with brawls is that the gap between each new brawl being a week is too long. There needs to be an option to play multiple brawls or the week gap needs to go away. This problem will only get worse as more brawls are added.
    I hope if they add more they actually will be 1 a week instead of stretching it out over double the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do miss the old Alterac Valley. I can't say I necessarily want it to be going on forever, but I liked the old game of capping the towers, gather resources, try to summon your boss before they can summon theirs, etc. It was my favorite battleground before. Now its just zerg to the boss before they zerg to your base. I can remember having a stealthed lookout at our base who'd let those who were going to defend when to trinket to screw up the enemies boss pull.

The only way we can get something a little close to it is if we made it that the boss couldn't be killed without the majority of towers down and without X number of resources or until our Elite was summoned. I don't really see that happening today. People complained that Deepwind Dunk took too long. How do you think they'd feel being in the same battleground today that lasted 45 minutes to an hour where they could lose?

Yes. There is almost no pvp in current Alterac. It's a pure pve race and Alliance always wins.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I loved AV back in the day, but Ashran was enough trying to reminisce that point.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I would love it. I do wonder how long it would last though. On my server they would often start on Friday night, and end Monday morning once one side could no longer maintain numbers, due to work/school. Will they ever end with cross realm queueing.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Back when horde won that bg, Good times
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    no to normal AV not to brawl AV period, shit pve bg

Deleted
    Never ending AV? Yes please

Old AV would be nowhere near as epic as you remember it. The long games and summoning of npc's was a result of people not knowing wtf to do. Now that people know it is a lot more like today's AV with more trash.

I dont think it would really work out like people like to think.

The ways of dealing AoE damage in a 40 v 40 environment have changed drastically since vanilla pvp.

I speak from my legion point of view as ret paladin and frost mage point of view in vanilla :

Back then i would jump into a enemy zerg with blessing of protection from a paladin friend get off some Arcane Explosions and after that would die in like 0.5 seconds because back then every class was squishy like nothing else.

Nowadays every class is very durable and can tank in a zerg with 2-3 healers on you while dealing upwards of 700-1 million AoE dps in a 40 zerg with pvp templates.

What i mean with the comparsion is back then everyone could die in seconds and healers were not that big of a deal, in todays wow a 40 v 40 alterac zerg would simply come down to the fact of hey horde team has 10 healers and alliance has 5, guess which team will be locked in their base and will ultimatly leave and give the horde team a free boss kill after half an hour or 2.

I would be curious how it would play out, there certainly would be great strategic possiblities like if alliance is locked into their base for the horde team to warlock portal up behind them and flanking them from behind or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smauldy View Post
    Absolutely yes.

Your solution is another problem in and of itself. If there was no gap for brawls then people would just play the single brawl they like or find most easiest and never do any of the others which other people would like. The gap ensures all the brawls see equal play.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're saying yes and you have a twitter account, it would be great if you could tweet @Holinka asking for this to be added for pvp brawl. Community is how we can make things happen that the devs won't do otherwise. It does not always work but it can be worth a shot.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    were ist the "HELL YES!" option ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fuck me I'd be getting in from work, eating my tea then straight on the computer to play the shit out of it for a week
    Dang man you would EAT your tea?? No time to get the hot water and let it steep?! That's one way to get your caffeine