Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Relatively "High" ilvl players are lost in dungeons.

Hello mmo-c,

I am not that kind of player who pug everything and I was really surprised when I figured out, that players around 890 ilvl in no keystone mythic dungeons have no clue about dungeon/class/bosses. That was one of my worst experience in WoW in last few years probably. Is that what blizzard wanted? Are you meeting same issue? I thought that being 890ilvl means that you needed to do some content to get that gear. I am sad about that, because if you want to clear some low ilvl based content with no stress, you have to raise your reqs extremely, and I do not like that. Same experience with higher keystones. Almost everytime we need to pug one/two dps for 10+ key, we look for players with at least 905-910 ilvl, and these guys are just braindead mostly. I do not get it how this became an issue. Is getting relatively high gear easy for casuals aswell or what? What reqs do you/your group have for pugging safely?

Erisique

7+ Year Old Account
    Dear Erisique,

This is not your blog, this may come as a suprise, but you dont have to do dungeons to get a high ilvl, i have friends who are mythic raiders but havent even done some of the dungeons in legion like kharazhan. I also know people who are 900 from pvp gear, and are doing dungeons for balance of power but know nothing about the dungeons

Felplague

P.S. nor is MMOchamp a mailbox to your sweet beloved
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Don't mind him, Eris. It is common that at this point in expansion, gear is obtained easily, big ilvls come and they still haven't played the dungeons but rely on overgearing it. Myself I don't even pug anymore, only with guildies.
    Last edited by mmoc0da4e3afdf; 2017-06-18 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Dumb brain

Deleted
    Dear diary,

Of course, the expectation of the playerbase regarding gear levels needed for content is directly related to the average ilvl and to how hard gear is to get. Therefore, pugging M+ is cancer, because the game is full of groups like "DHT +2, 890+". While the dungeon in question might as well be done in 850 gear. If it's not so easy to get into groups, then it's not so easy to get practice. So you get people who seem "lost". Solution: demand ilvl > 910 AT ALL TIMES AND FOR EVERYTHING. 910 entails at least some content has been cleared, and even if the player in question really sucks, the gear will somewhat carry them. After next week make it 920 btw, then ramp by 5 each week. Thank me later ;*
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2017-06-18 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Well the game does allow it. I got to ~900 just from the Demon Island Place and haven't done a dungeon since the expansion launched. I could join most standard groups I imagine, but I in all honesty could count the amount of bosses that I actually know the tactics to on one hand.

You could always check people's armouries, and view their Statistics to see how many times they've completed each dungeon. If the armoury still lets you do that, actually; I remember Blizz removed ~80% of the content from it.

Are you sure they have no idea what to do, or they just don't care? It's usually the latter, or both..

PuGs are really problematic most of the times tho - people who know how to play their class the best will be second to braindead people who have 1 ilvl higher, it's a gamble. Checking everyone's WoWprogress is a really tedious thing to do as well, despite the fact all it shows is the problem with ilvl, but enlarged
    Getting free ilvl 900+s from Shore WBs could be a contributor to the problem

10+ Year Old Account
    you can get 880+ ilvl just by killing fel boars
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

You can up crafted gear 900 ilvl now. I am pleased for this cause I don't feel like raiding any more or doing mythic 5mans. But I guess that is why you see some brain dead people in your pugs. I have had very few in my runs when they forced the content on me for those quest but all were done anyways, same as always really nothing special honestly.

Deleted
    I have never done a raid or a mythic+ and I'm 914 ilvl

full pvp gear

Quote Originally Posted by Erisique View Post
    What reqs do you/your group have for pugging safely?

Erisique
    I invite the ones with the highest ilvl, and then I deal with the fact that not all ppl play the game on the highest level. You know, deal with it as an adult.

This is a game. Ppl play it to relax, have fun etc. That means you will run into ppl that dont know all there is to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm stuck at around 887 as I simply do not find the Legion dungeons fun or engaging so I just do world quests, yet I see people faceroll a few, get a decent ilevel then completely crash and burn when it comes to doing anything related to their ilevel. Best bet is run with guildies.

Deleted
    I am not that kind of player who pug everything and I was really surprised when I figured out, that players around 890 ilvl in no keystone mythic dungeons have no clue about dungeon/class/bosses.
    890 is not "relatively high". 890-900 is pretty normal ilvl for questers who've done Broken Shore. You can craft stuff to 900. If you're a PvP'er you can be way higher than that without ever stepping into a dungeon.

How is this a surprise to you? Do you even play the current game?
    Or was this just some kind of "omg others are baddies they should l2p"-thread

Require 925+ if you want "safe" ilvls. Good luck finding people.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-06-18 at 08:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item level =/= knowledge/Experience.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Welcome to 2017 WoW where pug are filled with go-go-go! clueless casual people.

Play with friends or your guild only.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Require 925+ if you want "safe" ilvls. Good luck finding people.
    925 won't work, that's way too high. :P

Over 900 I'd say is usually safe-ish. Most often they've at least done NH heroic, chances are they know their dungeons as well.

My alt mage has 896, never done ONE 5man with him, only did 2 LFR Guldan (nothing else) and rest is from farming Nethershards and buying tokens (wep relics proced my wep to 919).... So yeah, it's fully possible to go rather high on ilev by doing jack shit of group activities and if it would be my main, I'd have zero clue on anything except how to do Invasions and hunt Broken Isle rare bosses!

anyone under 910 these days is a scrublord, i got a 912 alt that never stepped into a mythic raid...

you can get 2 leggos, get some high relics from heroic and buy a full set of 900 gear off the AH and have no clue how to play.

anyone under 900 isnt even trying or 100% a new alt.

What reqs do you/your group have for pugging safely?
    Me i Avoid people on certain servers im sure we all know what they are and i dont just look at item level i go look them up on wowprogress or raider.io usually get much much better runs doing this

Hello mmo-c,

I am not that kind of player who pug everything and I was really surprised when I figured out, that players around 890 ilvl in no keystone mythic dungeons have no clue about dungeon/class/bosses. That was one of my worst experience in WoW in last few years probably. Is that what blizzard wanted? Are you meeting same issue? I thought that being 890ilvl means that you needed to do some content to get that gear. I am sad about that, because if you want to clear some low ilvl based content with no stress, you have to raise your reqs extremely, and I do not like that. Same experience with higher keystones. Almost everytime we need to pug one/two dps for 10+ key, we look for players with at least 905-910 ilvl, and these guys are just braindead mostly. I do not get it how this became an issue. Is getting relatively high gear easy for casuals aswell or what? What reqs do you/your group have for pugging safely?

Erisique
    seems you never pugged before - it always looked like that

what is most probable (like 99% probability ) you were always one of those people yourself , making same stupid mistakes - just now that you play better you start to relaise those flaws in others

other really big factor would be most people are simply bored to death with mythic + and since blizzard is lazy and wont intrpduce new dungeon just rather tune up current ones most casual but good are done and bored and simply dont do mythic + anymore - especially that they offer utter crap rewards now not worth bothering if you do below +15
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-06-18 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed that the catch-up gear is too strong given that the group finder is solely designed for you to perceive skill through iLv. It may feel better once Tomb opens and the gap gets wider, but then Blizzard probably will spoil the tranquility by releasing a 7.3 catch-up patch once more.

Raid progress and particular m+ achievements should be shown in group finder when mousing over a player