Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am one of those. My guildies won't even bring me to M+ because i don't know the affixes well enough, and i am the main tank for the raid team as well as the GM. lol. I just find the M+ system and dungeons boring. Take me back to BC style dungeons and i would definitely spend more time in them.

Stop blaming others for your short comings. Look inward young grasshopper.

What I do usually when I create a pug,is ask a few quick questions about general tactics and understanding of the dungeon

I'd rather take a 870 player who gets it right rather than a 900+ who doesn't
    And if they're not willing to answer,I don't want them either.

Yeah maybe a 870 won't pull out enough DPS to crush a timer like a 900+ would,but a 870 willing to do things right and putting some effort into it deserves the gear better in my opinion,so I'm glad to give them a chance to gear up.

It's just a drop in the ocean among the huge pool of toxic players,but hey,I'm doing my part

890 bag is really easy to get nowadays, mythic raid gear is around 30ilvls higher

Deleted
    I'm a MM raiding player, and i mostly don't go in MM+ because i hate the system.
    I'm seeing a never ending farm for no purpose, i only try to do one +10 each week to get the weekly chest and that's all.
    MM+ advantage some classe/spec and put a fuck to others, i really do prefer old challenge mode.

I really think MM+ is a bad design and this curse will probably continue for the next expansions because it simple to do for developpers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenZerg View Post
    I'm a MM raiding player, and i mostly don't go in MM+ because i hate the system.
    I'm seeing a never ending farm for no purpose, i only try to do one +10 each week to get the weekly chest and that's all.
    MM+ advantage some classe/spec and put a fuck to others, i really do prefer old challenge mode.

I really think MM+ is a bad design and this curse will probably continue for the next expansions because it simple to do for developpers.
    Challenge Mode was the worst unbalanced bullshit ever placed in the game, thank god it got replaced by M+.

Catch-up gear is only part of the problem.
    Ask why dungeons are so unattractive, and you will see the quite hostile attitude towards someone who does not know a dungeon, something your very post seems to demonstrate well in calling them "braindead".
    You don't ask why they are inexperienced or lacking knowledge, you skipped straight to a very hostile derogatory comment.

Dungeons due to player behaviour are rarely somewhere to learn, they are instead simply a means to an end which must be completed as quickly as possible with no thought as to the consequences.
    The way a player should be learning is through experience, and how are they supposed to get that when too many times the opportunity to actually play is denied to them.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-18 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Erisique View Post
    I thought that being 890ilvl means that you needed to do some content to get that gear.
    Nethershard gear is 880 base.
    Crafted gear is 900 atm.
    World bosses on broken shore drop 900 base.
    Everything can warforge / titanforge except crafted gear.
    Then there are raids and pvp, atm pvp items are 880+ just from farming bareback brawl and stuff (no idea what drops from "real pvp" probably higher).
    None of the above requires knowledge of any dungeon.
    What a surprise.

Oh, and...
    Ilvl is not an indication of a player's skill and knowledge.
    What a bigger surprise.
    /s

What reqs do you/your group have for pugging safely?
    Hard content? I run with guild.
    Easy content? Doesn't matter, if there's any tactic that makes stuff way better I tell the group. For example there was a hunter in cos+7 that didn't know he can click the trap for the miniboss so I just told him (saves time).
    Since keys don't deplete anymore, there is no "3 chest", and if I pugged it was never on my own key after some leavers screwed me at the start of Legion, I don't care really if the run goes amazing or barely passable.
    When 15 becomes a req I'm sure not gonna pug it, just run with guild.

You can always try to armory people, check their achievements, whether they're enchanted and gemmed (=treat their character seriously or is it just some throwaway alt they never bothered to invest into, probably won't know how to play the spec either), statistics how many times they completed each dungeon, warcraftlogs or wowprogress table, but it's a lot of work to screen people, depends how hard is the content you attempt and how hard is to just kick a person and replace if he's fucking up your run.

Its funny when 910+ people link me Cutting Edge Guldan and expect an instant invite, then I proceed to watch them die over and over again to Willbreaker on Moroes and are like "Wtf why did I die", because they have no clue about a lot of mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not get it how this became an issue.
    Because item level has never been an indicator of skill level. Bad players have always been able to get higher item level gear for a while. Its nothing new. People though keep expecting item level to be an indicator of skill. Even when raising item level requirements for group entry it still won't stop bad players from entering the group.

It also has nothing to do with "casuals". A hardcore player can be a bad player. Given that Broken Shore rewards 880 item level loot from a vendor it is quite easy to get 905-910 ilevel with warforged or broken shore world boss loot.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Its funny when 910+ people link me Cutting Edge Guldan and expect an instant invite, then I proceed to watch them die over and over again to Willbreaker on Moroes and are like "Wtf why did I die", because they have no clue about a lot of mechanics.
    It actually makes sense that they failed. Someone with a licence to fly a 747 wouldn't be able to fly an F15 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Except that it's his highest non-orange item.
    That isn't how it works, it's made up of 3 relics, 900, 900, 905.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Look man, Chrono is stingy with his Timesparks, okay?

If we could not talk about that, that'd be great. Thanks.
    Hahaha sorry man, I know your feels. 900, 905, 910 for me, i've been 10/10m for a while now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...80%D0%B8%D1%8F

If what you say is true then you're a rare exception, not the rule.
    Ofc not that common, I've always had a lot more traits than the norm. But I personally want like 912+ish people in my groups, so 4mil tends to be what they're at, if over 54ish traits,

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Hahaha sorry man, I know your feels. 900, 905, 910 for me, i've been 10/10m for a while now
    Relics and Trinkets don't drop for my raid.

The highest Timespark I've seen drop was 905.

Then, everything I don't want rolls 925- everything I do want doesn't warforge at all. Love this loot system, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    which is a good sign of avoiding that person, casuals can make their own groups.
    Or people could stop making dumb assumptions/normal mode raid groups with ilevel requirements 15 ilevels higher than mythic raid gear drops.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Dear Erisique,

This is not your blog,

P.S. nor is MMOchamp a mailbox to your sweet beloved
    LOL, where else to share experiences and discuss what is happening to the game than on MMO-C?
    I don't browse the website often anymore but if this is the standard nowadays. Hahahahahahaha.

Like others have mentioned, a lot of us who still prefer to just raid for gear and generally avoid mythic+ stopped running dungeons probably after hitting cap and getting into raiding. So yeah, in the rare case I venture into them, I do get lost at times, I mean I'll generally try to check the guide for the 5 second lowdown before a pull to see if there's anything crucial, as it's easy enough to dodge fire and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Relics and Trinkets don't drop for my raid.

The highest Timespark I've seen drop was 905.

Then, everything I don't want rolls 925- everything I do want doesn't warforge at all. Love this loot system, love it.
    Then you see some normal raider with a 920 relic :^) feelsgoodman

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Or people could stop making dumb assumptions/normal mode raid groups with ilevel requirements 15 ilevels higher than mythic raid gear drops.
    anything to stop scrubs like you from getting carried.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    LOL, where else to share experiences and discuss what is happening to the game than on MMO-C?
    I don't browse the website often anymore but if this is the standard nowadays. Hahahahahahaha.
    It is more of because of how it is formatted. And it just plays off as another "gamesux year too easy to get. No other expansion was this easy to get gear"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Ilvl pretty much means nothing this expansion, you can get 900+ while being semi afk and spend some time farming.
    It has never been a true measure, just convenient to access and therefore lazy players jumped onto it under the guise of "efficiency" yet it was always someone else's fault when the simplistic measure was either cheated, unhelpful or failed in some other way which made the content actually take longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.