Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Eh those nvidia scores are wrong:
    http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/...dm11/12256169#

Stock 1080 3d mark 11 score 24,867:
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages...review,27.html
    the guru3D scores are overall scores, for GPUs you only care about graphics score

stock 1080 is ~28k graphics score, OC 1080 is ~30k-32k (maybe more @ 2000+ core, idk)

Ya im just not buying it, who exactly has that rx vega and is doing the testing?

I watched the PCPer livestream of the frontier edition, it was BELOW a stock 1080 in every 3dmark test:
    https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...Unigine-Heaven

- - - Updated - - -

Not a huge fan of this site but:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6Uc5kBrxY

Its an overclocked fury x from 2 years ago

RX Vega is going to be > FE Vega in games, its just a matter of how much

5%-15% or 30%-35% ?

the leak is belieavable to me

- - - Updated - - -

also the leaked RX score is at 1630 Mhz, whereas FE Vega out of the box stock runs below 1500 Mhz or even below 1450 Mhz

a good chuck of this boost may just be due to clocks being near the 1600Mhz mark sustained

but FE testing shows it had very little headroom above 1600 Mhz even with pwr target increased and fan cranked up to max

if RX is same silicon then its not going to do much better

Where are you guys getting the idea rx vega is going to be faster than FE? There is absolutely no logical thought process that would make you come to this conclusion, thats like saying you think a gtx 1080 is going to be faster than a titan. We dont even know if the rx vega will have the same shader count as the frontier edition, the high end vega could absolutely be a cut down version.

You are putting MORE credence into some leak than testing from one of the most well respected tech sites on the web lol.

What pcper tested is what we are going to see at retail, whatever you linked above is not an accurate representation of these cards, or that test is highly overclocked rx vega and an underclocked 1080 (thats lowest 3d mark 11 performance score ive seen from a 1080).

Where are you guys getting the idea rx vega is going to be faster than FE?
    - drivers (yeah I think they can give 5%, maybe even up to 10% in some titles)
    - stock clocks being closer to 1600 boost mark sustained then in a FE

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    - drivers (yeah I think they can give 5%, maybe even up to 10% in some titles)
    - stock clocks being closer to 1600 boost mark sustained then in a FE
    Drivers dont fix benchmark scores.

Clocks werent far off of 1600 in pcper test, even if all rx vegas do boost to 1600 out of the box that does not guarantee anything, it could absolutely have less shaders than the FE.

Drivers dont fix benchmark scores.
    Yes, yes they do. For the THIRD TIME, I direct you to go look up for yourself, because I linked it to a ton of times back when it was relevant, the difference that the Crimson Drivers made, in benchmarks and real world performance, to the Fury X. It was a massive difference. Took the Fury X from behind the 980ti to ahead of it. I don't see why the same could not be true here. Not saying it is going to be true for sure, but it IS entirely possible.

Pretty much everyone agrees, they should have launched the Fury X AFTER the Crimson drivers. It appears, that is what they are doing this time, hence the prosumer version first. They are now getting their driver situation sorted and will then launch the gaming card. How you can sit there and refuse to accept that Drivers CAN make that much of a difference when we have the prrof that AMD has done that before with the Fury X staring us in the face is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yes, yes they do. For the THIRD TIME, I direct you to go look up for yourself, because I linked it to a ton of times back when it was relevant, the difference that the Crimson Drivers made, in benchmarks and real world performance, to the Fury X. It was a massive difference. Took the Fury X from behind the 980ti to ahead of it. I don't see why the same could not be true here. Not saying it is going to be true for sure, but it IS entirely possible.
    Drivers for the most part dont change benchmark scores lathais, only games.

I already said some games might get a slight uptick with drivers, but when talking about overall power and where this card is sitting in the market, drivers arent putting this card above 1080 levels, just based on pcper and gamers nexus testing from the FE.

Also dont discount the possibility that the rx vega is going to be slower than the FE...

Drivers for the most part dont change benchmark scores lathais, only games.

I already said some games might get a slight uptick with drivers, but when talking about overall power and where this card is sitting in the market, drivers arent putting this card above 1080 levels, just based on pcper and gamers nexus testing from the FE.

Also dont discount the possibility that the rx vega is going to be slower than the FE...
    If drivers don't change benchmark score, please explain this:
    http://www.babeltechreviews.com/amds...ring-fury-x/3/

How the fuck did the Fury X score 3909 in Firestrike at Ultra 4K with Catalyst Drivers and 3939 with Crimson Drivers? What about going from 7099 to 7158 on Extreme? All results, except Firestrike on the 290X, including Heaven 4.0, showed an improvement from DRIVERS. You are full of shit and just ignoring the evidence in your face.

Also, don't discount the possibility that it could be faster than the FE.

If drivers don't change benchmark score, please explain this:
    http://www.babeltechreviews.com/amds...ring-fury-x/3/

How the fuck did the Fury X score 3909 in Firestrike at Ultra 4K with Catalyst Drivers and 3939 with Crimson Drivers? What about going from 7099 to 7158 on Extreme? All results, except Firestrike on the 290X, including Heaven 4.0, showed an improvement from DRIVERS. You are full of shit and just ignoring the evidence in your face.

Also, don't discount the possibility that it could be faster than the FE.
    Lathais calm down....lol

Trust me my angry little friend, the rx vega has ZERO chance of being a faster card than the FE.....ZERO.

Even on the off chance AMD comes out with a miracle driver that boosts the rx vega ahead of the early benchmarks done with the FE.....the FE will also be getting that same boost, putting it again ahead of (or tied) with rx vega.

Use your head on this one my dear, there is simply zero zilch nada chance rx vega is going to be faster than the frontier edition with the same drivers.

Lathais calm down....lol

Trust me my angry little friend, the rx vega has ZERO chance of being a faster card than the FE.....ZERO.

Even on the off chance AMD comes out with a miracle driver that boosts the rx vega ahead of the early benchmarks done with the FE.....the FE will also be getting that same boost, putting it again ahead of (or tied) with rx vega.

Use your head on this one my dear, there is simply zero zilch nada chance rx vega is going to be faster than the frontier edition with the same drivers.
    Never said that the FE would not receive the same boost, just that when the proper drivers launch, there is a CHANCE it could be beating the 1080. That is all. You said drivers can't make that difference and clearly, they can. So after the drivers, both the RX AND the FE COULD be beating the 1080. You are saying it is impossible. I am just saying it is possible. Not even saying it's going to happen because really, no one knows for sure. You sure seem to act like you know for sure though, and we go through this all the time. Yeah, oftentimes you are right, but not always. Just don't say you know for a fact when there is no possible way for you to know.

Never said that the FE would not receive the same boost, just that when the proper drivers launch, there is a CHANCE it could be beating the 1080. That is all. You said drivers can't make that difference and clearly, they can. So after the drivers, both the RX AND the FE COULD be beating the 1080. You are saying it is impossible. I am just saying it is possible. Not even saying it's going to happen because really, no one knows for sure. You sure seem to act like you know for sure though, and we go through this all the time. Yeah, oftentimes you are right, but not always. Just don't say you know for a fact when there is no possible way for you to know.
    That's fine, but stop saying vega could be a faster card than FE.....because its impossible given same clocks and drivers.

IF ANYTHING, its going to be slower...

That's fine, but stop saying vega could be a faster card than FE.....because its impossible given same clocks and drivers.

IF ANYTHING, its going to be slower...
    But it could be. We don't know. Why was it delayed? Was it just the drivers or are they making some other changes as well? We don't know yet. We won't know until they tell us. However you look at, due to just the Drivers, the RX could be faster than the FE is RIGHT NOW.

But it could be. We don't know. Why was it delayed? Was it just the drivers or are they making some other changes as well? We don't know yet. We won't know until they tell us. However you look at, due to just the Drivers, the RX could be faster than the FE is RIGHT NOW.
    How could it be lathais. Same clocks and drivers, how could you even begin to think vega could be faster than FE.

How could it be lathais. Same clocks and drivers, how could you even begin to think vega could be faster than FE.
    Because the drivers when it comes out will not be the same drivers they are using right now. As I said, we also don't know what other changes they might make to the card.

Because the drivers when it comes out will not be the same drivers they are using right now.
    That's not the question lol.

Again, the question is how do people think the rx vega can be a faster card than the FE. Of course when having this dicussion you would have to assume the same drivers.

Many people try to make this argument that its "not a gaming card", well the titan is marketed as a deep learning card and smokes the gtx 1080.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the question lol.

Again, the question is how do people think the rx vega can be a faster card than the FE. Of course when having this dicussion you would have to assume the same drivers.

Many people try to make this argument that its "not a gaming card", well the titan is marketed as a deep learning card and smokes the gtx 1080.
    Because there's a different trail of thoughts here. You are arguing that RX Vega will not be faster than Vega FE when Vega launches, which is true, because they'll both be using the same driver and there's likely not going to be any significant physical difference between the cards other than the amount of memory.

What Lathais seems to be arguing is that when RX Vega comes out it will be faster than Vega FE is RIGHT NOW. Which is also true, since it will have better drivers (Hopefully, if it doesn't it'll be DOA).

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Because there's a different trail of thoughts here. You are arguing that RX Vega will not be faster than Vega FE when Vega launches, which is true, because they'll both be using the same driver and there's likely not going to be any significant physical difference between the cards other than the amount of memory.

What Lathais seems to be arguing is that when RX Vega comes out it will be faster than Vega FE is RIGHT NOW. Which is also true, since it will have better drivers (Hopefully, if it doesn't it'll be DOA).
    No there are people that actually think that the rx vega is going to be faster than the FE...

I dont even know why you would speculate card a is faster than card b if the drivers/clocks arent normalized, whats the point?

Again the only possibilities here are the rx vega is the same as FE or its slower, there is NO CHANCE that its a faster graphics card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again the only possibilities here are the rx vega is the same as FE or its slower, there is NO CHANCE that its a faster graphics card.
    Well there is a tiny possibility that AMD could have done a slightly different VRM setup or something else to enable higher clocks than the FE edition, in which case Vega would be faster.

It's just pure speculation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Well there is a tiny possibility that AMD could have done a slightly different VRM setup or something else to enable higher clocks than the FE edition, in which case Vega would be faster.

It's just pure speculation though.
    Exactly, it's possible. There is a chance they could make other modifications for the consumer variation of the card. If they were going to be the same thing, why did they not launch at the same time? Is it just the drivers holding back the RX? Based on AMD's history, I would say not, unless they finally learned from mistakes. They could be making other changes to the GPU that could make it better. Bottom line is, we don't know. We can guess, but we don't know. He could be right, and likely is. But stating it as fact when we really don't know is ludicrous, and something he does all the time.