... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    4.3 brought transmog

5.2 brought solo scenarios

5.3 brought heroic scenarios

5.4 brought flexible raiding

6.2 brought timewalking and mythic dungeons

To name a few, so no. It hasn't always been like this and there was always more to do than just world quests in those patches.
    New instance difficulties aren't anything new, just different scaling of the instance. And solo scenarios are the same as instanced questing.

7.3 brings Invasion points. I'd still argue it's nothing we haven't seen before, under a different name and template.

You have to realize some of these "new" features were just early xpac features that were delayed.

It keeps them relevant at the cost of them being shallow. There are always world quests that are easier and more rewarding than others. Everything else is ignored.

Legion seems to be more inclined towards Dungeons or die if you're looking for content.
    Dungeons or die? Mm, nah:

Rated BG's reward alot, Prestige can award some good things, and even PVP Weeklys can bring up nice advantages as well. Oh, not to mention the Raid Titanforging, the Raid Achievements, and let's not forget all of the Broken shore mounts, and achievements. Oh, and must I mention the Argus achievements for World Bosses, Invasion points, and so forth?

Unless you have ALL Mounts, all Achievements, and so forth in this expac/game in general, then there is something for you to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Dungeons or die? Mm, nah:

Rated BG's reward alot, Prestige can award some good things, and even PVP Weeklys can bring up nice advantages as well. Oh, not to mention the Raid Titanforging, the Raid Achievements, and let's not forget all of the Broken shore mounts, and achievements. Oh, and must I mention the Argus achievements for World Bosses, Invasion points, and so forth?

Unless you have ALL Mounts, all Achievements, and so forth in this expac/game in general, then there is something for you to do.
    Broken shore mounts? Where?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    New instance difficulties aren't anything new, just different scaling of the instance. And solo scenarios are the same as instanced questing.

7.3 brings Invasion points. I'd still argue it's nothing we haven't seen before, under a different name and template.

You have to realize some of these "new" features were just early xpac features that were delayed.
    Invasion points are literally just scenarios.

4.3 brought transmog

5.2 brought solo scenarios

5.3 brought heroic scenarios

5.4 brought flexible raiding

6.2 brought timewalking and mythic dungeons

To name a few, so no. It hasn't always been like this and there was always more to do than just world quests in those patches.
    Transmog is just making your character look neat.

Solo scenarios made things seem like nothing, hence why the single player argument was made back then.

Heroic Scenarios would've been better, had they been hard/more rewarding.

Flex raiding back then, is normal now.

Timewalking just rescales old raids/dungeons for your lvl.

And Mythic dungeons back then weren't even that hard.

7.3 gives us INVASION POINTS! Ya know? Going to different worlds. Never seen that before, other than the whole Scenario BS. But still, it looks good, we get to travel across the Universe, and we get to kick some demon ass in different types of terrains.

Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    This. Cata was a shit show, and the old world revamp was the worst change to the game ever. Game's one big theme park with safe spaces, flight paths, and quest hubs every 5 feet now.
    The old world revamp itself was great... it just shafted every other area of content.... it really should have been part of a whole game update outside the expansion, something that was needed regardless of an expansion.

and also Blizz's aborted failure of trying to "bring back" the good old vanila days was the final nails in the coffin.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

- - - Updated - - -

Think he means the class mounts and honestly for the two classes I did it with I had a good time with the story.

- - - Updated - - -

The mistress mount, silly. Ya know? At the Tomb of Sargeras? Ya know? Located at the Broken Shore?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point, including the features you mentioned (minus transmog).

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is just making your character look neat.

Solo scenarios made things seem like nothing, hence why the single player argument was made back then.

Heroic Scenarios would've been better, had they been hard/more rewarding.

Flex raiding back then, is normal now.

Timewalking just rescales old raids/dungeons for your lvl.

And Mythic dungeons back then weren't even that hard.

7.3 gives us INVASION POINTS! Ya know? Going to different worlds. Never seen that before, other than the whole Scenario BS. But still, it looks good, we get to travel across the Universe, and we get to kick some demon ass in different types of terrains.
    Solo scenarios were a storytelling mechanic and they've been used quite well ever since.

And invasion points? Really? Have you done them on the PTR? They're not interesting. At all. You go to a place, kill demons, come home. That's it. There's no lore for these other worlds, there's no depth to them. MoP's 3 man scenarios had story to them and were actually fun and rewarding to do.

And transmog was the most requested feature of all time.

- - - Updated - - -

The mistress mount, silly. Ya know? At the Tomb of Sargeras? Ya know? Located at the Broken Shore?
    Oh, so a mount in a raid.

I don't do raiding anymore, I'll solo it in patch 9.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Simply because of the pattern.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    Cata was weird in the good sense, MoP was made by drunk devs, but the content was good ...

Good luck going Town build on WOW: Facebook edition. Hope you have a blast.
    I would, I loved the Garrison <3 Had around 30ish L3's by the time Legion came around. I actually still use my Garrison though not as much.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed you still have patient to argue with Aeula. If we include recolors, Legion bring 50+ mounts before 7.3, most (or all?) never seen before (not like boars and wolf in WoD) - and he's still pissed about it.

Really don't get this guy, he play for 10 years game that he consider 4/10 on average, whine during every patch and still return. This is most toxic thing I can imagine. If all players would be like that, this would be heaven for Blizzard - they could pull WoD every time, everybody would whine, but still play it.

Did you enjoy being a prisoner in your garrison once you were done raiding? Your hobbies irl must include fun activities such as watching paint dry or watching grass grow.
    I mean raiders consume so much of WoW simply raiding. I can only play so much of one video game in a week. If I spend 9-12 hours raiding alone that doesn't leave me wanting to do a whole lot outside of raiding and that's how it's always been for me. In fact, one of the reasons I dislike Legion is how many things there are to do outside of raiding that also benefit it immensely. Titanforged and Legendary grind is garbage. Keep legendary items a raid thing and make it so that loot can't go higher than the next difficulty. I don't want to farm M+ for 955 gear, just let me get it from raiding. That way I can spend the extra 4-5 hours a week I have wanting to play WoW doing something fun like playing alts for fun or doing pet battles or farming t-mog and old mounts. WoD was much better in that regard. This is seriously the only expansion where my friends and I haven't gone out exploring anything. I have screenshots from Wrath where we went back to Blackrock Mountain and fished in the lava just to take screenshots. We used to try to get our flying mounts in cool places in Dalaran just to take screenshots. Even in WoD, we went around in Tanaan jungle as a group (mostly the same people too) killing elites and just having fun and I have screenshots of us on our new mounts after farming those stupid claws for days. But we had a fun time just hanging out. Legion has made almost all of those people quit the game.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-08-12 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I'm impressed you still have patient to argue with Aeula. If we include recolors, Legion bring 50+ mounts before 7.3, most (or all?) never seen before (not like boars and wolf in WoD) - and he's still pissed about it.

Really don't get this guy, he play for 10 years game that he consider 4/10 on average, whine during every patch and still return. This is most toxic thing I can imagine. If all players would be like that, this would be heaven for Blizzard - they could pull WoD every time, everybody would whine, but still play it.
    But I don't still play. Last I played WoW was 25 days ago when blizzard gave me 7 free days to try out. I'm just here to see if the game will ever get good again.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    Then just move on and dont buy it? Problem solved, it benefits you and then benefits us even more.

All of what you posted is YOUR opinion, what YOU think sucked many of us liked. And some of what you liked some of us may think sucked .

10+ Year Old Account

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

That is the general consensuses that started with WotLK. shame that's where the trend begun, maybe we can break the chain and have another good expansion. It's possible

It's no secret that Cata and WoD are the worst expansions. Whenever there is a vote for worst expansion Cata and WoD are always the two on top. Regardless I still find every expansion offers some enjoyment. Until I time out and stop playing
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-12 at 02:05 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The "pattern" is a lie.

There is no pattern because...subjectivity, as this thread blatantly proves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Wait what?

MoP was the worst expansion ever, in the history of expansions, WoD was ok... Legion is awesome but I hate the theme, demons are boring. We need more undead, wintery stuff, Northrend 2.0 maybe. There is no pattern.
    I'm genuinely confused at how you can rate Garrisons of Draenor higher than MoP on, well, any scale. Content per patch was higher in MoP, MoP had more raid content overall, MoP had more dungeons, MoP had more zones, MoP had reasons to leave the city and do things in the continent, MoP's world endgame didn't just rely on treasure hunts and copy-pasting Timbermaw Hold's rep grind, and the patches actually had a storyline rather than cinematics telling you what was going on before leaving you once more to your own devices waiting on mission timers. WoD gets praised so much for its raid content because that's literally all there was worth doing at level cap aside from clicking menus that wouldn't be out of place in a free-to-play mobile game.

Oh, wait, lemme guess, because "hurr pnadz r bad"
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    But I don't still play. Last I played WoW was 25 days ago when blizzard gave me 7 free days to try out. I'm just here to see if the game will ever get good again.
    Well, if it's best use of your time, suit yourself. I rather ignore games that I hate and focus on things that I enjoy. Life is too short.

Just one problem with your pattern: WoD sucked more balls than the office slut at the Christmas party, but Legion wasn't that much better.

So I see more of a trend of "expansions now suck because all they want is your money", as opposed to an actual pattern.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".