Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, that's a little far even for trump haters.

Removed from office with a black bag over his head and dragged kicking and screaming to the nuthouse while getting kicked in the balls the whole way though, that'd be adequate.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you really despise Trump the last thing you'd want is for him to become a martyr by getting shot and killed.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Well, that's a little far even for trump haters.

Removed from office with a black bag over his head and dragged kicking and screaming to the nuthouse while getting kicked in the balls the whole way though, that'd be adequate.
    That would be quite hard to do since it's a she.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean we all do but we don't post it on Facebook. Be professional!
    Yeah, its fine to say that sort of stuff on Twitter... but yeesh... don't post it on Facebook, someone might take you seriously.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    Not ok. She's over, lol.

So, I assume people ITT are defending her freedom of speech...or...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So, I assume people ITT are defending her freedom of speech...or...?
    Freedom of speech is paired with consequences. She wasn't censored, but it will cost her votes if she's not pressured to resign.

In the USA you have the right to say stupid job-ending things in public all you want.

Deleted
    She should resign. I mean, come on lady, really not the smartest thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Freedom of speech is paired with consequences. She wasn't censored, but it will cost her votes if she's not pressured to resign.

In the USA you have the right to say stupid job-ending things in public all you want.
    The free speech brigade should fight for her keeping her job, or they are hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    The free speech brigade should fight for her keeping her job, or they are hypocrites.
    I respectfully disagree.

Let's say I went into my classroom and led with "good morning students, I would like to have sex with an underaged alpaca, and also, Greedo shot first."

These are some pretty offensive things to say. I did not incite violence or a crime, so what I did was not illegal. However, statements that far gone are not appropriate for a math classroom, or to be honest, Planet Earth. It's not about my right to say such things. I have such a right. But even if I felt that way, I should know full well doing so in public is asking to be fired, because otherwise, my school has the legal obligation to deal with the aftermath.

I don't know who in this thread is saying this state senator should be prohibited for saying such things. That's just not the issue.

I respectfully disagree.
    He's poking fun at the usual, "Free speech shouldn't have social consequences!" argument you hear from some "free speech advocates" that have little to understanding of what that term actually means, despite their professed activism on its behalf.

I'll fight for her right to say it. Being taken seriously for saying it? She's on her own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's poking fun at the usual, "Free speech shouldn't have social consequences!" argument you hear from some "free speech advocates" that have little to understanding of what that term actually means, despite their professed activism on its behalf.
    Can we mock the people who usually say "No freedom from consequences" saying she shouldn't be fired?

State senator says something stupid... Isn't that all what state senators are for? That and wandering over to vote at other people's desks to rig votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    You shouldn't make up your own history. Lee Harvey Oswald was a Marxist.
    And: Leon Czolgosz was an anarchist, Charles J. Guiteau was mentally ill with some strange religion and in favour of the corrupt-wing of the republican party. (Yes, seriously.)

(Politics was stranger then.)
    Last edited by Forogil; 2017-08-19 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I condemn the assassination threats on both sides.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Depends if Pence kills him.
    Uuuh, GOP would explode
    But i wonder: does Speaker Paul Ryan has fantasies on his own and is very aware he could step up as president with all the turmoil already happened and is on the horizon ? being number 3 on the list of succession was never so close to become a real issue IMHO.

The "inciting murder/violence" premise doesn't quite stand up when dealing with evil tyrants and dictators.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The "inciting murder/violence" premise doesn't quite stand up when dealing with evil tyrants and dictators.
    by default the holy sun shines off the elected president's butt, he is never evil or dictator.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-08-19 at 10:30 AM.

I'm alright with her having said it, it is her opinion after all, but probably not the best thing to put it out on the internet like that, especially when you're a senator.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866