Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Why cant he play if he only like one part of the game? So people why dont like pvp and pet battles shouldnt also play then ?
    hes like me i am looking to the raid, dont really care about the rest
    Why would he if he can't stand most of it, particularly the parts he has to do to be able to play?

It seems far more likely he'd be better off looking for a game that fits his preferences better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Outside of that, I genuinely have no idea where people are struggling with.
    Probably having to ride around stuff to get to other stuff. It can be annoying to find the way at times but that is mostly a 1 / 2 visit thing. After that you learned the terrain and find it from memory.

What I really have a problem with is some shitty aggressive trashmob every 5 yards outside of actual enemy bases. Ugh, so unnecessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    I like to think of these as fun puzzles. You know the rare/chest is here somewhere; you know the various ways Blizz has hidden things in the past; which is it this time? Where might the cave entrance be? Is there an overhanging ledge? How do I get up there? There's always a way; the game is figuring it out.
    Sure I can have fun with that.
    But not if there is an aggressive trashmob with millions of HP every 5 centimetres on my screen which takes 20s each to kill (no raid gear here). Then the fun puzzle just gets down to "screw it, I'm not wasting 15 minutes fighting nearly insta respawn tedious trash.

Blizzard thinks that fighting is the point of their game. Well they made fighting world mobs pretty damn boring and way too freqeuent in order to deliver a good game in that regard. Fighting was(is?) fun in raids but in the open world I only go "ugh, yet another 5M xp I have do whittle down in order to kill this basically defenseless but annoying punching bag".

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why would he if he can't stand most of it, particularly the parts he has to do to be able to play?

It seems far more likely he'd be better off looking for a game that fits his preferences better.
    There are not many games such as WoW though. Thats probably part of the reason that the devs have been able to pull the game down to the level its at now. There is not enough competition so they are not really punished for their mistakes and in some cases arrogance.

By simply stopping playing. Don't like Legion, hate what they've done to priest class in general and shadow priest in particular, don't want to engage in "reroll to fotm" gameplay people started playing since panda - so basically no choices left for me...

Still enjoy reading mmo-c forums while at work, though ;-)
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-09-04 at 01:54 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I ride my mount if this is a huge problem I would hate to see how people handle real life problems.

I have my hearthstone set to vindicar. And for the rare occasions that's not enough I can always use my Dalaran hearthstone where upon arrival there's a portal to Vindicar right next to the flight master. The maps are pretty small so you are rarely more than 2 mins away from a teleporter anyway. Not a big deal as far as i'm concerned.

Deleted
    i'm a druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    That was 10 years ago though. One would expect things to evolve...
    One would expect players not to bitch that they have to move for a few seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Just run on a mount. Takes a couple of minutes.
    Minutes(!) - so that you are faster by porting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I main a DK. I've taken to porting back to my order hall, taking the portal to Dalaran, and taking the portal to the Vindicaar, allowing me to get to the next zone. Easier than fighting my way back to a portal hub.
    I do the same with my druid cause its FASTER then to walk/mount the way back over this horrible pathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Simple: I ride back to the nearest teleport.
    The map isn't that large.
    thats what ive been doing too, wait...people are willing to just idle until a hearthstone is off cooldown? good gawd
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    thats what ive been doing too, wait...people are willing to just idle until a hearthstone is off cooldown? good gawd
    I can understand why.

Find it hilarious how everyone harps on about "hard" and "challenging". I was a mythic/hc raider. Nothing in the open world is "challenging" or "hard". Sadly, nothing will ever be b/c the QQ would be endless.

However I (and many others) differentiate between hard/challenging and tedious. The former is good in games, the latter is not why we play video games. We already have way too much tedium in real life, no need to artificially create more.

Bottom line: It's not fun to fight the useless trash. It's easy to do but it's not FUN. So people rather go do sth more entertaining for 10 minutes and port back out once the CD is up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I only play for an hour a week because there is not that much content to begin with and WQs are pointless to me.
    Its has tons more content then WQ, you choose not to do it or go there and make experiences in game yourself. That's your fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Its has tons more content then WQ, you choose not to do it or go there and make experiences in game yourself. That's your fault.
    Which would be? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    What else is there to do except WQ to gain rep once you are through with the story quests? I certainly don't see anythnig atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What else is there to do except WQ to gain rep once you are through with the story quests? I certainly don't see anythnig atm.
    1)World PVP everyones always crying for, I've been fighting people all morning on Argus and using Lights Judgment to snipe people as they're fighting a rare. Its hilarious.
    2)Getting Lucid Nightmare
    3)Story Quest
    4)Collecting Demons eyes for the rewards
    5)Farming BOA 880 gear for ALT's by killing rares and looting chest
    6)Getting to 60 Artifact traits so you can use the crucible day One on week 3
    7)Doing Mythics+ for the inflated item level gear
    8)Invasion Points/Argus World Bosses which come tomorrow
    9)Going after rares for the mounts and other special toys they drop
    10)Argus rare pet-battles
    11)Argunite farm if don't have good gear yet/haven't step into heroic or mythic/only pvp
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-09-04 at 07:23 PM.

I believe the Argussian Reach has a updated whistle at Revered.. just have to get to that rep

10+ Year Old Account
    1)World PVP everyones always crying for, I've been fighting people all morning on Argus and using Lights Judgment to snipe people as they're fighting a rare. Its hilarious.
    You mean the Vindicators cannon?
    Thank God I play on PvE. ^^

Good list though, thanks.

get exalted, never return to zones. no need for whistle

It's a good time to be a shaman. Set hearth to Vindicaar inn and Astral Recall every 15 minutes.

Not well. Problem with giving things to players is they start to rely on them.

That said I'm not having nearly the ground woes as others but the mobs are so thick it does get annoying to ride thru. I wish every class had an aggro dropper so I wouldn't have to deal with stuck in combat bugs constantly.