Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    so, I want to start soloing content.. but I am bit worried I am undergeared for stuff like Throne Of Thunder heroic for example;

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...enor/mortariel

anyone got input? Should I get to 915 first before I start? My ultimate goal is to get to Heroic/Mythic HFC
    You should definitely use Spirit Bomb instead of Blade Turning. Aside from that 25H ToT should probably not be difficult - you can spec havoc for most of the bosses at your ilevel.

You can start heroic HFC, but clearing it in its entirety will probably need a bit more gear (mostly for Kilrogg) unless you are very confident in your play.

If you want a fun challenge though I would definitely suggest you try it now, as it gets trivial very very quickly once you get 900+ gear.

(You need Mirror of the Blademaster for Archimonde by the way if you are going to attempt it now. And I'm not sure if they fixed Zakuun resets like they did for Gorefiend).

How many raids/instances/whatever can actually be abused by double jump/glide? I know there are a few opportunities in BC/WotLK raids, but I'm not sure about the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    How many raids/instances/whatever can actually be abused by double jump/glide? I know there are a few opportunities in BC/WotLK raids, but I'm not sure about the rest of them.
    you can skip to iron maidens in blackrock foundry once you take down kromog/gain access to that path you would use to get back to the main area from iron maidens, theres a mushroom near where you jump down and if you jump on it you can get on top of the ledge and skip beastmaster and train guy

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    so, I want to start soloing content.. but I am bit worried I am undergeared for stuff like Throne Of Thunder heroic for example;

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...enor/mortariel

anyone got input? Should I get to 915 first before I start? My ultimate goal is to get to Heroic/Mythic HFC
    You should be more than fine. I was solo'ing 25H ToT on my paladin in 835-840 gear (whatever the LFR base + WQ gear level was prior to October 3, 2016).

You should also be set to do SoO Mythic too as I did that one shortly after ToT. The only hard thing about SoO was Immerseus and that was just because he takes an annoying long time to do.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-08-28 at 05:55 AM.

What ilvl would you need to solo Mythic HFC as Havoc? 930 or less?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    What ilvl would you need to solo Mythic HFC as Havoc? 930 or less?
    900-930 depending on the boss, yes.

Just chiming in: nobody (as far as we know) solo'ed Mythic HFC except for Mannoroth/Archimonde, so please don't hesitate to post if you did!
    (But I'll be honest, the real reason's probably because anything other than those last two are boring and tedious.)
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Just chiming in: nobody (as far as we know) solo'ed Mythic HFC except for Mannoroth/Archimonde, so please don't hesitate to post if you did!
    (But I'll be honest, the real reason's probably because anything other than those last two are boring and tedious.)
    It's basically that. For what it's worth I also managed to finish Nythendra as a tank which is sad I'm sure, but w/e. No idea how Mione did Illy'g as a tank though since I essential need to double my dps to beat the timer, or at least increase it by 80%. Still that's my end goal for the expansion.
    Last edited by Invisibelf; 2017-08-31 at 12:13 PM.

Nevermind I was thinking about it wrong. Months behind.com but still I managed with .8 seconds left on enrage

Deleted
    In a first quick try on solo again (since wotlk pretty much) i did nythendra (10 seconds in enrage) Renferal (who was an absolute joke) and illgynoth (who at least needed me to pay attention to whats happening^^)

Tried Ursoc, died within a minute, i noped out of there asap Dragon's probably won't be possible as well as ursoc since his enrage is to tight paired with his immense damage, maybe with Antorus BIS gear, though i doubt anyone will survive this thing for 5 minutes

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    Tried Ursoc, died within a minute, i noped out of there asap Dragon's probably won't be possible as well as ursoc since his enrage is to tight paired with his immense damage, maybe with Antorus BIS gear, though i doubt anyone will survive this thing for 5 minutes
    Dragons only needs 750k-800k DPS to beat the enrage from what I remember, and you're cleaving the entire fight. You can reset stacks easily with Infernal Strike (and survive a full 30 second stun with soul barrier only). I don't think this would be difficult at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Dragons only needs 750k-800k DPS to beat the enrage from what I remember, and you're cleaving the entire fight. You can reset stacks easily with Infernal Strike (and survive a full 30 second stun with soul barrier only). I don't think this would be difficult at all.
    Didn't try the Dragons tbh since i didn't think it would be possible to reset the stacks but from your answer it looks like they will be as easy as Renferal

The hard part is the spirits that are summoned that heal the dragons. They have like 2 million health, and if they get near it's a heal for the boss. They summon at least 3 of these from what I remember, and if you ever don't get your stacks reset (which isn't as easy as you think with all the rooting and what not that goes on) then it's basically a full heal on the boss.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisibelf View Post
    The hard part is the spirits that are summoned that heal the dragons. They have like 2 million health, and if they get near it's a heal for the boss. They summon at least 3 of these from what I remember, and if you ever don't get your stacks reset (which isn't as easy as you think with all the rooting and what not that goes on) then it's basically a full heal on the boss.
    You don't do the boss in the weeks Lethon is up :P

You don't do the boss in the weeks Lethon is up :P
    Then where's the challenge!

Grats on the Ily'gnoth solos!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, but this channel might have something that'll interest you. His fixation on speed runs is a bit weird, but he showed a lot of DH double jump/glide spots in various places, which leads to really weird things like going from raid entrance to Ossirian/C'Thun in less than 90 seconds, or going from Blood Furnace straight to Magtheridon's Lair.
    As far as I can tell, every single WoW video probably contains some form of DH jump/glide exploit.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2017-09-09 at 05:50 PM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Dragons of Nightmare down. I'll have a video up later, and edit the post with it. Tomorrow most likely I think. Unless there's net issues.
    Last edited by Invisibelf; 2017-09-13 at 04:39 PM.

How do you solo iron maidens in M BRF? When I try to go to the boat, they despawn.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post
    How do you solo iron maidens in M BRF? When I try to go to the boat, they despawn.
    Burst one of them down to 20% before the first boat phase. It might be a bit difficult without high gear though (of course make sure you are using full consumables/lust if you are having trouble).

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Burst one of them down to 20% before the first boat phase. It might be a bit difficult without high gear though (of course make sure you are using full consumables/lust if you are having trouble).
    its a pretty pointless observation, but if you let the boat phase happen and then kill the other 2 you can board the boat, in theory if you kill the 2 of them and the adds on the boat you can stop the bombardment, but its easier to just burst one of them