Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    only someone who hasn't experience Garrison ad/or wildstar housing can even remotely equate the two. ESO housing comes far closer to what Wildstar housing was light. still falls a fair bit short of Wildstar (and I say that as someone who adores ESO housing and invested ungodly amount of time and effort into it)

Garrisons are not even housing at all. they are isntanced hubs.. kinda like personal area in GW2 actualy, but with even less costumization.
    Pretty sure he was making a joke about when at Blizzcon they said "what you guys don't have phones?"

Kinda pissed the last 30 mins were so laggy missed out on getting a ton of screenshots and finishing up some housing stuff. Was able get my community pretty much completed tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    RIP Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Pretty sure he was making a joke about when at Blizzcon they said "what you guys don't have phones?"

Kinda pissed the last 30 mins were so laggy missed out on getting a ton of screenshots and finishing up some housing stuff. Was able get my community pretty much completed tho.
    ah. guess it flew right over my head :P

Deleted
    Didn't they pull the plug on wildstar?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrofilth View Post
    Yes, today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrofilth View Post
    Yes, today actually. Literally like 2 hours ago.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Yes, today actually. Literally like 2 hours ago.
    Damn that's a shame..

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wanted to be there for the final few hours, but it just felt too depressing to log in, I'm really gonna miss it.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

That cartoonish graphical style just cried for a casual approach. Such a waste.

Ahhh Wildstar . . . . . I'll always treasure running around on my female killing stuff wearing only underwear, rip to a decent mmo

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    That's the best thing about FFXIV. It's not WoW. That's not criticizing WoW, either. Too many of the clones, in the end, were exactly that. Why play the clone if you could play the original?
    I don't see how it's not WoW when it's literally worse version of WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Could you mention a few thing that went wrong?

The videos I've seen looked amazing, I'm surprised it failed.
    I never played Wildstar beyond the beta, but my understanding was that it failed due to catering too hard to the hardcore MMO audience -- an audience that for all intents and purposes no longer exists outside of Vanilla WoW enthusiasts.

Not being part of an established IP didn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    So is current WoW, to be honest.

That aside, FF14 is a reallly good game. The only blemish in my eyes is the 2.5sec GCD on everything, which makes the combat feel super sluggish.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    I never played Wildstar beyond the beta, but my understanding was that it failed due to catering too hard to the hardcore MMO audience -- an audience that for all intents and purposes no longer exists outside of Vanilla WoW enthusiasts.

Not being part of an established IP didn't help either.
    To be precise: it marketed itself as a return to Vanilla WoW's raiding scene, with raids that were tightly tuned for 40 players and each player having to hop through extensive attunements (that required coordinated groups) and gearing. Demanding commitment from your players isn't a problem. The problem arises when you demand commitment from 40 individual players for a raid.

So long, Wildstar.
    ;-;
    F
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    To be precise: it marketed itself as a return to Vanilla WoW's raiding scene, with raids that were tightly tuned for 40 players and each player having to hop through extensive attunements (that required coordinated groups) and gearing. Demanding commitment from your players isn't a problem. The problem arises when you demand commitment from 40 individual players for a raid.
    To be fair, I quite like the idea of 40 man raiding -- you need to have a bloody huge playerbase to make it viable, though, and an original IP was unfortunately never going to have that kind of pull.

I also think making 40 man raiding excessively difficult was a huge mistake, but that's a different topic.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Ehhh ffxiv 2.x was basicallt wrath(and improved imo) but today nah it is it's own thing these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and i wish they had tried to go console instead of china i bet it would have taken off and still be around

RIP Wildstar. You were fun for the two months I played you, but it's a shame what happened during the development process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'll admit that I'm kind of at a loss as to why you think the concept of developers respecting your time is funny or somehow a bad thing. Maybe you enjoy just spending all of your free time and then some collecting bear asses. I don't know.

I do know that when developers stop focusing on making enjoyable games and cynically start trying to find ways to keep players grinding long past the point of it being fun, that's disrespecting their players time and the players should absolutely respond with their wallets. It's not 1999 anymore, players don't have to sit back and endure 38 hour long camps in Guk just because there's little competition in the genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's kinda weird to me when you essentially say, "I have better things to do than mindlessly throw time at a game that's not respecting that time at all." and people reply with suggestions that you're somehow...immature because of it? Because you're not wasting time? In a video game?

It's topsy-turvy world.
    Exactly. I get that I'm wasting my time playing video games, but I do not need to be wastefully wasting it like Wildstar made me while I was playing it.

Well, I think I've written several posts denouncing Carbine and its handling of Wildstar over the last 2 years, and since this is a funeral, we should some some respect to the dead.

Farewell, Wildstar, you had such a great potential, and it is a great loss to the players that you never grew into what you were meant to be. We will never see the likes of you again. And now your time has ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.