Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tons of unused weapon models =((

I looked around in wowmodelviewer because i noticed that some of the ICC 5man gear is nexus themed.

after i noticed that lurked around for the old collections of weapon models that were released pre-Wotlk for wotlk.

apparently there was supposed to be another (or longer) nexus raid along with a Drak'tharon keep raid.

Im actually really depressed that they were never implemented and only about 1/4 of the weapon models are being used in other raids that dont fit the theme

Naxx, sarth, and the new ICC 5mans all use some weapon models intended for the nexus and drak'tharon raid.

All if not most of the weapon models for those nonimplemented raids look incredible (im a guy who actually liked Zul'gurub and Zul'aman art) and the rune/icy theme of the nexus gear really shows the blizzard design team's creativity and artistic skill.

Im optomistic so maybe they will release a drak raid with the release of Zandalar and the troll leaders. idk
    -You must grab life firmly by the balls, softly but firmly
    -let them know you are there
    -but dont scare them, because if you do you're screwed

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Tons of unused weapon models =((

Pics or it didn't happen; aka I want to see too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Anyone have a link to these pics?

Deleted

I think we could still see a troll raid instance for WOTLK

There will be a Gundrak raid. Drakkari Rhino's for everyone!
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Yeah, I rediscovered them also some weeks ago, it's a shame many of them aren't used at all. Instead they used a model from T4 content for the ToC5 polearm :

Anyway, you can see all weapons posted on MMO-C back then here:

Shields
    Polearms
    Axes (1h)
    Axes (2h)
    Swords (1h and 2h)
    Swords (1h)
    Swords (1h)
    Axes and swords (2h), guns
    Maces (1h)
    Maces (2h)
    Crossbows
    Daggers
    Daggers
    Staves, crossbows, maces (1h), polearms, daggers

Yeah, that's a chunk of weapon models being never used ingame. That's a shame, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

Deleted

wow thanks for posting that, those unused models look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon
    Yeah, I rediscovered them also some weeks ago, it's a shame many of them aren't used at all. Instead they used a model from T4 content for the ToC5 polearm :

Shields
    Polearms
    Axes (1h)
    Axes (2h)
    Swords (1h and 2h)
    Swords (1h)
    Swords (1h)
    Maces (1h)
    Maces (2h)
    Crossbows
    Daggers
    Daggers

Yeah, that's a chunk of weapon models being never used ingame. That's a shame, I think.
    A lot of those look more like Unused Texure/Model Combinations than anything.

But yeah, there are quite a few non-playable models. (GLAIVES, WHY?!?!?!)

Not all of them are unused as said, but alot of them are, especially some of the nexus weapon models look awesome.
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Damn it... Look at those 2H swords, the Ulduar models were a LOT better than the toothpicks we got, why didn't Blizz use them? I bet a lot of people would've loved them (I hope this doesn't happen with Cataclysm too )... Damn those swords looked badass... And the white and golden model of Titansteel Destroyer would've been a lot better (maybe cause I'm a paladin :P ) Wished they would've made a huge nexus raid... Oh well, we could still hope for a Troll raid, but I don't think it'll happen. I would've liked that Stormwind shield on CoT too, atleast Ranged weps were mostly used (except for some Uld models).

TL;DR: Weps looked a lot better with some of those models.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Deleted

^^

Yea, agreed, those 2H models realy do look awesome, maybe some will be used for cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon

Shields
    Polearms
    Axes (1h)
    Axes (2h)
    Swords (1h and 2h)
    Swords (1h)
    Swords (1h)
    Maces (1h)
    Maces (2h)
    Crossbows
    Daggers
    Daggers

Some of those are greens and recolors but even at that, a ton of those aren't even used. Shame.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreeze
    ^^

Yea, agreed, those 2H models realy do look awesome, maybe some will be used for cataclysm?
    I hope so, atleast with Uldum (I think there should be a raid there) we will see Titan models again, so they could easily implement some of those weapons. Oh well, I guess we'll just wait and see. Atleast ICC weapons looks good.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

I think there might be a gundrak raid in Cata. It would probably use some of the textures that aren't used. I think there is gonna be cause 1. There wasn't a whole bunch of lore about the trolls of Zul Drak compared to everything else. 2. i know this might sound dumb, but theres big font for Gundrak on the ZD map, which maybe was a subtle hint on a future raid.

I see quite a few of those models being used in the Ice Crown 5 man dungeons already.. the loot list isnt even complete yet so I'm asuming we will see more..

But the Drak'threon models.. those are sexy and I doubt those will be used in anything else but a Gun Drak raid.. IF we see a Gun Drak raid that is.

Deleted

OMG s.h.i.t load of unused models and amazingly looking i must say... it will be shame if any them never gets to see day light

Quote Originally Posted by Macanus
    I think there might be a gundrak raid in Cata. It would probably use some of the textures that aren't used. I think there is gonna be cause 1. There wasn't a whole bunch of lore about the trolls of Zul Drak compared to everything else. 2. i know this might sound dumb, but theres big font for Gundrak on the ZD map, which maybe was a subtle hint on a future raid.
    the expac wouldnt be complete without a troll raid no matter what blizz says

why they didn't diversify quest reward weapons with these unused models is beyond me.

The 1-Handed maces...

/cringe

I cannot un-see what I saw.

a lot of really cool DTK models in there.