Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Cataclysm: The Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by nirv
    There's no new textures here. It's just a copy paste job. This is embarrassing -- Cataclysm is going to be a cash grab.
    what cash!? blizzard has never ever wanted extra cash on the side from their worthy followers, especially not the 25$ mount and pet, making millions in hours :\

Quote Originally Posted by mochaomhog
    And my video card falls over from overheating... But seriously, is that the windows openGL client? or? because a bunch of us use that one, still no new shadows there. I wonder if cata will bring a DX10/11 client, or maybe just switch compleatly to OGL3.2.
    Blizz will likely never move to DirectX, they wouldn't be able to share as much code between the Windows and Mac clients. Using OGL is why they've always been able to release Windows and Mac version of everything simultaneously and seamlessly (well part of why). Given that they continued to maintain a virtually identical game experience on the two platforms for years when Apple appeared two steps from the grave, I doubt they'll change now that Mac's have a measurable and growing market share.

My troll druid experience is going to be so epic!
    MAL'GANIS HORDE!
    85 Troll ELE Shaman/81 Troll SRV Hunter

I hate to break it to all the Blizzard fanboys in these 12 pages but that doesn't look very enticing at all. It looks like shadowprey village in desolace, but with more bridges and fences. As for the water, 2004 called and they want their textures back.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu
    I hate to break it to all the Blizzard fanboys in these 12 pages but that doesn't look very enticing at all. It looks like shadowprey village in desolace, but with more bridges and fences. As for the water, 2004 called and they want their textures back.

Oh come one the water looks pretty darn good. The other stuff though.....not so much.

The water looks nice and will give wow a nicer look definitely. It actually looks almost too good! lol

Ok so ill just reroll troll now, kthxbai.

Honestly though, the place looks awesome, it sure is going to be my new idlezone, gawddamnit i cant wait for cataclysmmmmmm :<
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity
    Um; just curious Echo Isle is inhabited by all level 8 creatures and such, Zalazane is a raid boss level why doesn't he just walk there and wreck havoc ... we heroes are level 80 why is this going to be such a challenge, i mean in sen'jin quests we were sent there to get zalazane's skull and it didnt prove too difficult surely we can walk back and stomp on everything there instead of this whole story questline.
    As I understand it, both the Echo Isles and Gnomeregan are going to be pre-Cata events. Pretty sure a while ago it was hinted at that regardless of level, you'd be able to have some involvement, whether that's killing boars to feed the armies or being part of the honour guard of Vol'Jin making the first initial push to claim back the isles. Those skulls we took were just troll voodoo mon! Drifts wood effigies or mind slaves cunningly disguised by Zalazane. Each level is going to have something to do. There will be phased encounters depending on level I assume, the final level 80 encounter unlocking when each other level zone has been completed in some way.

The Island city itself looks nice, if a little exposed. But it doesn't look like a city. Not enough hustle and bustle. I remember hearing that Garrosh rebuilds Org out of metal and kicks all but Orcs and Tauren out as they're "too weak" to defend its walls. If this is true, the trolls will need a refugee camp of some sort.

looks nice

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, I just can't wait for this, always wanted something new to explore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

this is a starting town people, not a city. It looks epic, but just not city quality epic.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

Why do the trolls get the good stuff?

cwutididder?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasteland
    Obviously, with impending they mean the Cataclysm that is about to happen, not that they know that it will happen.
    Read it as "The cataclysm, that is about to happen, will spark rivarly among the horde leaders."
    Thank you! Man... its a little shocking that many still aren't capable of wrapping their heads around that.