Thread: Windfury ICD

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Windfury ICD

That's something we have discussed (only fast daggers), but the valuation of weapon speed is heavily tied into combat mechanics and those might still change. For example, we've been considering that nasty ICD on Windfury weapon again....

Blue post from front page today on the subject of "Getting rid of weapon speed" I think this is pretty interesting...I'd like to see the ICD come down a bit.

That would be lovely and would definitly help close the gap between balance/ret and enh.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Yea, I think it is certainly something worth looking at however they try to balance it out.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

I'll be pleased if they just remove the cooldown when using 2H, but if they remove it entirely... :-)

Deleted
    Yea, it needs to be lower.
    Removing it completely would be overpowered (yet really fun ).
    Just a video in ulduar gear without ICD (bugged ptr) = insane dps

Deleted
    Aye does look promising. Unless they nerf it to hell it will never be removed, but it being reduced would be fun.

this might fight with flametongue on offhand with WF/WF... but thats a lot of months ahead testing, simming and theorycrafting.

blizzard is just afraid of me 1 shotting people in pvp with chain windfury procs. Bring it on.

Why don't they remove the ICD, and either reduce the proc chance or the damage done?

hell, remove the ICD NOW, or drop it by quite a bit. It's not like Enhance DPS is something ridiculous -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Why don't they remove the ICD, and either reduce the proc chance or the damage done?

hell, remove the ICD NOW, or drop it by quite a bit. It's not like Enhance DPS is something ridiculous -.-
    Do you know how OP that would be? And enhancement dps is fine atm.. atleast for me

Even if they reduced the chance or damage one, having WF able to proc off procs would be absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Even if they reduced the chance or damage one, having WF able to proc off procs would be absurd.
    I don't think they need to reduce the chance or the damage. There's no reason to nerf Windfury. If you lower the proc chance, you're lowering the DPS contribution from Windfury, period. That you might get a lucky streak of them in a short period is irrelevant, especially since it can't be controlled.

Remove the ICD, prevent Windfury bonus attacks from being able to proc Windfury themselves. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios View Post
    Do you know how OP that would be? And enhancement dps is fine atm.. atleast for me
    Ofc its fine for you, when you havent step to ICC25HM...

blizzard has some challenges with enhancement:

1) enchants in pve have to be wf/ft, not wf\wf or ft\ft, it is problem with balance of physical and magic damage
    solution is easy, enhance should not benefit from spell power as it is now, only ap have to influence on our damage

2) enchants in pvp have to be wf/fb, not wf\wf or wf\ft, it is problem with balance of frostbrand, flametongue and windfury damage in pve and pvp

3) windfury should not be 'oneshoting', that's why now Stormstrike damage isn't amplified by talents and we have 3 sec cooldown on wf

I hope blizzard can solve this problems finally cause they did it throughout all Wotlk and i don't like how they done it
    Last edited by Askold; 2010-06-29 at 11:08 AM.

Dual Wield Talent
    We're not quite ready to talk about it yet, but imagine that the DW talent is accesible to Enhance early enough to be useful but not to Elemental and Resto. We're also looking at making enchants unique, which would let us drop the WF internal cooldown low enough that fast weapons might be more attractive

Newest blue post, what's your feeling on this? personally I really don't want to use fast weapons, I like using 2.6 speed. But from that blue comment, are they saying that it would still be better to use a slow weapon, however you can use a fast weapon until you get a slow one of the same item level?
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    Dual Wield Talent
    We're not quite ready to talk about it yet, but imagine that the DW talent is accesible to Enhance early enough to be useful but not to Elemental and Resto. We're also looking at making enchants unique, which would let us drop the WF internal cooldown low enough that fast weapons might be more attractive

Newest blue post, what's your feeling on this? personally I really don't want to use fast weapons, I like using 2.6 speed. But from that blue comment, are they saying that it would still be better to use a slow weapon, however you can use a fast weapon until you get a slow one of the same item level?
    Source? // OH LOL NVM havent checked main page today yet

Also it says "which would let us drop the WF internal cooldown low enough that fast weapons might be more attractive". Dont see any mention about getting slow weapon of the same ilvl would benefit more. But if blizz forces us to use fast offhand as it was in naxx, i kinda dont have nothing against it.
    Last edited by Foxhoundn; 2010-06-28 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippofish View Post
    That's something we have discussed (only fast daggers), but the valuation of weapon speed is heavily tied into combat mechanics and those might still change. For example, we've been considering that nasty ICD on Windfury weapon again....

Blue post from front page today on the subject of "Getting rid of weapon speed" I think this is pretty interesting...I'd like to see the ICD come down a bit.
    I would have the ICD change with haste. The higher your haste, the lower the ICD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I would have the ICD change with haste. The higher your haste, the lower the ICD.
    internal CD will not be affected by haste ever and it's so as it have to be

I'm pretty sure blizzard wants us to use wf/ft or they wouldn't give use a damage bonus on lavalash if ft is on the offhand. It should also support the "elemental" aspect of enhancement (who would otherwise only use nature spells)
    This design could of course change if they decide to put LvB on maelstorm proc :P and with cata fs will become attractive too I guess. I still doubt blizzard will go away from wf/ft for enh.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Without the ICD you could and would see what happened in Vanilla. A shaman running around with a big 2 hander possibly "1 shotting" raid bosses if the stars aligned. It will probably go down to something like 1.5 - 2 sec vs 3 sec if they decide to even try it on a test realm.

Would be fun though. But I dont see how fast weapons would be that great, unless they plan to redo how you factor out the damage.