Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Counter spell unreachable

So i was bored at work so i started messing with the talents and well i came to the dire conclusion that we can't have Deep Freeze and counter spell at the same time. We'll have to choose which one to get in terms of pvp. Ofc a normal counter spell is still sexy but would have been awesome if we could get the silences for those pesky druids.

is that current or on beta, cus currently i can.

I assume it is on beta, since I've just checked the latest beta tree, and no you cannot get improved counterspell as fire or frost because it is a tier 3 talent in arcane
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Its on MMOs talent calculators I didn't get a key so i was just clicking trough some talents MMO gave from Cata

You can't get counter-spell. Period.

You need to spend 31 talent points into one tree before given the choice of using them in the other trees. This will definitely create a niche now for every mage spec.

Deleted
    Last time I checked if you go arcane for PVE you end up 1 point short for Icy Veins /cry

As basically everyone above has stated, no you will be unable to get Imp counter spell atm according to current beta talent build.

As tenaka also stated, icy veins for arcane and those very very few frostfire mages still out there...

Its for the best. These new talent trees aren't exactly customizable, but they will help blizz out a bunch when it comes to balancing between pvp and pve. Think of it this way, at the moment very few if any pve frost mages exist out there because of there sheer power and oomph! arcane and fire can put out. However blizz can't do much when it comes to increasing the power of frost because of just how sheer overwhelming it can be in pvp.

The same can also be said for rogues and their hybrid sub spec, hunters and beast spec, and demo locks... kinda.

The restrictions their putting on the talent tree's and their builds are to help them and to even the game out a tad. And god knows it would be nice to not have a new player who got to end lvl be decent even in their lvling spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozgoth View Post
    So i was bored at work so i started messing with the talents and well i came to the dire conclusion that we can't have Deep Freeze and counter spell at the same time. We'll have to choose which one to get in terms of pvp. Ofc a normal counter spell is still sexy but would have been awesome if we could get the silences for those pesky druids.
    you make a thread to tell us this? you know, everybody can use the new talent calc. no news, that is.

Lets see ur post was very helpful tnx for that and actually i don't remember anyone asking u to reply or ever look at the thread so why are u even posting this brirr ?

I think he's trying to say its flooding the forum with already known information.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozgoth View Post
    Lets see ur post was very helpful tnx for that and actually i don't remember anyone asking u to reply or ever look at the thread so why are u even posting this brirr ?
    i think my conjecture about posts made by people who joined in July 2010 being awful and pointless has been proven many times over already, you didn't have to add to the list.
    BfA Beta Time

I dont care how long you have been posting on a forum does not give you the right to be an ass,except for the fact you can hide behind the interwebz. I have watched you post in several topics and not once have you been anything but a condescending ass. I don't expect you to change I just consider the source when I see you post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitatoher View Post
    I dont care how long you have been posting on a forum does not give you the right to be an ass,except for the fact you can hide behind the interwebz. I have watched you post in several topics and not once have you been anything but a condescending ass. I don't expect you to change I just consider the source when I see you post.
    seriously guys, you can stop proving my point.

i do find it funny how you post here due to the fact that blizzard wasn't going to let people hide on the internet with their real ID change yet you're telling me that i hide behind what you cherish.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    seriously guys, you can stop proving my point.

i do find it funny how you post here due to the fact that blizzard wasn't going to let people hide on the internet with their real ID change yet you're telling me that i hide behind what you cherish.
    No...Seriously, you need to get off your high horse Swizzle. I would have to say that about 80% of the comments you make are belittling to other posters in the Mage forum. Are you so in love with yourself that you have to constantly do this to people? Do you have a job? Do you or would you talk in this manner to your coworkers? If you do then I can't understand why someone hasn't punched you in the face yet.

I honestly don't know why you haven't been banned or warned yet based on this quote from accepting the terms to register:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

You have Hate in most of your posts and that supports my arguement...enough said.

Fixed in current beta build. Now a Tier 1 talent. Can I get a WOOP WOOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Woop woop
    Quote:
    When have I eva been able to reach a mage? He just freeze me, blink, freeze himself, make big dragonhead and confuse me, blink etc etc.

shoop da?
    Last edited by Skarrd; 2010-07-23 at 01:08 AM. Reason: woop

WOOP WOOP

i am enjoying arcane more atm though, but i always arena as frost so it's nice to have it reachable again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kwikmr2 View Post
    No...Seriously, you need to get off your high horse Swizzle. I would have to say that about 80% of the comments you make are belittling to other posters in the Mage forum. Are you so in love with yourself that you have to constantly do this to people? Do you have a job? Do you or would you talk in this manner to your coworkers? If you do then I can't understand why someone hasn't punched you in the face yet.

I honestly don't know why you haven't been banned or warned yet based on this quote from accepting the terms to register:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

You have Hate in most of your posts and that supports my arguement...enough said.
    you've looked through all 2,949 now to be 2,950 posts and counted that 1,504 of them contain hate? hot damn, that's a good stat. if that were the case, which it isn't, then i don't think i would have bothered writing a FAQ or bothered to answer all PMs/in-game mails i get asking me questions.

seriously, it seems people used to the official forums want to come here with no knowledge of any of the posters and make blanket statements based off of one. i spent some of my 4+ years playing this game on those forums and i know enough to know that they are awful.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    You know 80% of 2950 isnt 1504, its 2360