Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thunderfury in Cataclysm

Okay, I don't know if I have missed any posts about it, but I am curious: What happens to people who are on the Thunderfury Questline in Cataclysm? Like, I have everything ready except one Binding which hasn't dropped for months upon months and I'm curious if I don't get it before Cataclysm, is that it? my Gold towards Elementium and my numerous runs through MC all gone to shame??

Most likely yes. You'd better hurry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think Thunderfury will be unobtainable? It'd be easier to answer if you had a specific concern about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pop-Dog View Post
    Most likely yes. You'd better hurry.
    Never mind this post.
    Last edited by Lord Cenarius; 2010-08-06 at 03:06 AM.
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

The above guys are wrong.

MC is still in the beta, and Blizzard has gone on record as saying Molten Core will be going nowhere when the game goes live, and will remain in place.

Why do you guys think otherwise? Is it because Ragnaros is also in Hyjal now?

You'll still be able to get Thunderfury come Cataclysm, at least based on what we currently know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cenarius View Post
    Yup, MC will more than likely be non existent come Cata.
    No instances are being removed at this point, so this is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't removing the most iconic legendary in the game without explicitly saying so first.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, MC will more than likely be non existent come Cata.
    FAIL. it has been stated quiet a few times that MC will NOT be replaced. look it up man.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    No instances are being removed at this point, so this is wrong.
    Didn't blizz say that Blackwing descent was going to take place in a destroyed UBRS?
    Burnin' yo people up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterityRogueFeathermoon View Post
    Okay, I don't know if I have missed any posts about it, but I am curious: What happens to people who are on the Thunderfury Questline in Cataclysm? Like, I have everything ready except one Binding which hasn't dropped for months upon months and I'm curious if I don't get it before Cataclysm, is that it? my Gold towards Elementium and my numerous runs through MC all gone to shame??
    I am trying to figure out why it would go to waste. MC isn't going anywhere. The current elementium is getting renamed, but it's functionality will remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    FAIL. it has been stated quiet a few times that MC will NOT be replaced. look it up man.
    You were just as ignorant to ignore that two posters had already corrected me than I was to look for blue posts already stating this, don't be hypocritical.
    Burnin' yo people up

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't blizz say that Blackwing descent was going to take place in a destroyed UBRS?
    It's at the top of Blackrock Mountain. They said it will be possible to enter Blackwing Descent from Blackwing Lair, but there was no mention of destroying any of the instances.

Deleted

I've said this countless times, MC isn't going to be removed or changed, please get that our of your head and stop spreading these rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    It's at the top of Blackrock Mountain. They said it will be possible to enter Blackwing Descent from Blackwing Lair, but there was no mention of destroying any of the instances.
    Hmm, my mistake.
    Burnin' yo people up

You guys do realize that the quest is very long and takes place outside of MC as well and since so many zones are being revamped the questline will most likely be removed. Blizzard isn't going to work the changes around the fact that they want to keep a crappy vanilla WoW legendary quest in the game. Think before you post.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they would not keep it, maybe since a lot of people can solo it,but it is still every hard to get, it is 3%> so it will not be like they are giving them out,even if people get it what will it serve?Not like they will really use it just to say I have a legendary.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys do realize that the quest is very long and takes place outside of MC as well and since so many zones are being revamped the questline will most likely be removed. Blizzard isn't going to work the changes around the fact that they want to keep a crappy vanilla WoW legendary quest in the game. Think before you post.
    Hence why my first post asked for details. If we knew which part of the questline he was concerned about, we could check if it's still in the beta.

Usually these posts are just "OMG MC is being removed!" though.

Doesn't the quest end in that little corner in Silithus? I haven't seen any full videos on it yet but, from what I've seen Silithus looked untouched (TotalHalibut's video when he's looking at Uldum from the outside)
    Burnin' yo people up

Wow umm no they wont be removing anything related to thunderfury unless stated. And thusfar nothing about the item has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagShipFail View Post
    Wow umm no they wont be removing anything related to thunderfury unless stated. And thusfar nothing about the item has been mentioned.
    Keep thinking that.