Thread: WotLK china

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

WotLK china

I just read that china is finally getting wrath of the lich king,
    Im happy for them and all but there one thing im confused about, its illegal to show pictures of bones on tv and video games in china as some may know!
    This wasn't a problem much in TBC whit all the demons but Wrath is full of Bones... went u first set foot in howling fjord or borean tundra you are surrounded by bones lying on the ground.
    infact most the mobs and raid bosses are made form bones (Marrowgar) of have bone sticking out!
    How dose blizzerd plan to go around this

Deleted
    pretty sure they use bags (looks like money bags) to replace skulls, so it'll most likely look like the vault of Scrooge McDuck

make marrowgar out of popcicles?

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 02:53 PM ----------

hmmm bonestorm gets a new meaning

Tbh its quite amazing how the government can be like this. i mean... bones? ANIMATED BONES!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormyr View Post
    pretty sure they use bags (looks like money bags) to replace skulls, so it'll most likely look like the vault of Scrooge McDuck
    so sindragosa is going to made form a bunch of animated bags

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminatum View Post
    Tbh its quite amazing how the government can be like this. i mean... bones? ANIMATED BONES!?
    It's also citizens not only government, China is very big on traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyr View Post
    I love Scrooge McDuck though.

The government doesn't want bones in because they don't want people reminded of all the human rights they've violated (ex. shooting down a crowd of thousands of student protesters). Also I heard in the current build china doesn't even get DK's (now they have an even better WotLK).

This doesn't matter really, since everyone in China who cared enough about WotLK started playing on the Taiwan servers.

3 more years until they get Cataclysm amiright?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saagjin View Post

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 02:53 PM ----------

hmmm bonestorm gets a new meaning
    Now that is one storm I'll stand in for. Unless he is lemon flavored.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Cool Guy View Post
    How dose blizzerd plan to go around this
    A lot of things will have altered models or just use other models more than likely. It is good to hear that Blizzard finally cleared that hurdle. I can't wait until it is released to see some amazing youtube videos of the renovated ICC.

Flavor storm.

Donald Duck was only a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by letstalklikepirates View Post
    The government doesn't want bones in because they don't want people reminded of all the human rights they've violated (ex. shooting down a crowd of thousands of student protesters).
    When you only hear the news the western media wants you to hear, China does sound pretty bad. Too bad it's nothing like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Cool Guy View Post
    so sindragosa is going to made form a bunch of animated bags
    Well Sindy, and most models, are easy fixes. She will more than likely simply be replaced with a blue dragon model along with the rest of the frost wyrms. Marrowgar is going to be the most intriguing one for sure. Maybe he will use Ahune's model or something lol.

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    When you only hear the news the western media wants you to hear, China does sound pretty bad. Too bad it's nothing like that.
    Very true. Our media's coverage, like its coverage of everything, is incredibly biased. Sure there are some problems in China with human rights, pollution, etc. but in no way is China as bad as a lot of people try and make it sound.

Deleted
    u gotta love china :P

I'm curious what naxx and icc will look like in china.

Grats for the chinese players though, stuck playing TBC for soo long. ._.

apparently those that have seen him say marrowgar is a giant floating legless forsaken with 4 heads

There is a thread already discussing this exact thing. Which you have read. lol

And it is still silly, imo.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by stormyr View Post
    pretty sure they use bags (looks like money bags) to replace skulls, so it'll most likely look like the vault of scrooge mcduck
    "goooooooooooooooooooold stoooooooooooooooooorm"

So, I wanted to make myself a WoW China Account.
    With the good help from my friend Google, I managed to make myself a Chinese Battle.net account aswell as verify my email address.
    When it came to adding a game, this message appeared

Quote Originally Posted by battlenet.com.cn
    According to the provisions of anti-addicted, we need to verify your name and ID number.

Please fill in with the name corresponding to, and a real and effective identification number, the ID number will be certified as an anti-addicted important information, as well as determine your right to use the account basis.
    Crap

So yet again I turned to my good friend Google, and yes indeed, google had an answer.

Managed to create a trial accound, a 1800 minute account.
    Apparently their gametime is measured in minutes/hrs instead of days.

Currently downloading the client, but will keep you posted if I stumble upon something extraordinary while exploring World of Warcraft China.