Thread: WotLK china

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    No country in the world represents forward.

I'll admit some practices - no matter how deep into a culture - are just wrong, like bullfighting.
    Those that defend bullfighting might as well defend throwing rocks at a victim tied to a pole - it's part of past traditions/culture...

Still, you don't just move into the future so much as you become it - bringing your past and everything else along.
    Alot of people do not accept others' cultures because they don't understand them - well you can be sure they doubt your values as much as you doubt theirs.

That said, I only like things in their original, unadulterated forms.
    I'll concede to the fact I find some of their cultural practices a bit weird, but most of what grieves me about China stems from their views on human and animal rights.
    I'll say what I said before about indoctrination, my point is not about obliterating a culture, it's about allowing certain freedoms, freedoms which allow information and choice. Google China doesn't allow the freedom-of-information thingy, and it's another high profile case of China's censorship at work, both self-censoring and at the government level.

Quote Originally Posted by atselmya View Post
    Troll...figured
    I don't know what you mean. I made a perfectly reasonable request. Help me understand.

EDIT: It also just dawned on me why they are censoring things so horrendously. They're giving Blizzard the proverbial "Fuck you! -insert middle finger-". They're taking everything that WOTLK is based off of, Living Dead-esk Expansion and turning it into everything BUT that by taking out every single skull/undead related item. Forsaken doesn't count for some reason tho. They're showing Blizzard that the Chinese Gov't takes no shit from anyone....especially Blizzard!
    Last edited by Asatru; 2010-08-17 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Epiphany!

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleraith View Post
    I am polite, I say my please and thankyou and I hold doors open for people. I don't have my choices taken away and I don't havean overwhelming need to honour my family. I do what I want for the most part, respect my elders and my family, but I have every choice in the world. When you are indoctrinated, (yes, this doesn't just apply specifically to religious indoctrination) a lot of your choices are taken away. When you are conditioned to think a certain way, of course your choices are going to be impaired.

Again I don't really believe this. America and the UK have the highest numbers of integrated immigrants, who all practice their own cultures and religions, and are allowed to do so freely (as long as it doesn't end in terrorism, but if you ask me that's just common sense). I know that there are about 5 Hindu temples, either converted from older buildings and refitted for purpose, within ten to twenty miles from where I live here in the UK (Yes, I am Hindu by descent /gasp).
    I know -for a fact- that British Indians have stuck in a timewarp culturally while India has progressed on and now strongly emulates the west. I don't think your argument, better phrased, doesn't have some weight to it, I just think it's fundamentally flawed.
    I once had an american girl say to me "eww you dont belive in god?"

Quote Originally Posted by saagjin View Post
    make marrowgar out of popcicles?

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 02:53 PM ----------

hmmm bonestorm gets a new meaning
    Bonestorm already had multiple meanings.

I'll concede to the fact I find some of their cultural practices a bit weird, but most of what grieves me about China stems from their views on human and animal rights.
    I'll say what I said before about indoctrination, my point is not about obliterating a culture, it's about allowing certain freedoms, freedoms which allow information and choice. Google China doesn't allow the freedom-of-information thingy, and it's another high profile case of China's censorship at work, both self-censoring and at the government level.
    ya....I dont get why people are so worked up about killing animals. What happens to them in the wild would be 100 times worse then a bullfight or somthing minor like that.

"dont harm the cute puppy so we cant save lives!"

I hate people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminatum View Post
    Tbh its quite amazing how the government can be like this. i mean... bones? ANIMATED BONES!?
    Its quite amazing how the government can be against nipple slips. I mean...boobs? Non-ANIMATED BOOBS? Seriously, China has a problem with death and the USA has a problem with (apparently) life. I wonder which one is worse...hmm!

I'll still never understand the censorship in 90% of Hentai. /sadface.

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vêndex View Post
    Dude... they have to "protect the young chinese people from violence and such things!!"

thats why u have and req age to play it? just make it like 16 or 18 in china?

ya....I dont get why people are so worked up about killing animals. What happens to them in the wild would be 100 times worse then a bullfight or somthing minor like that.

"dont harm the cute puppy so we cant save lives!"

I hate people like that.
    I'm not even getting into this argument. I think that people that don't value animal rights and welfare need a head-check, and that is never going to change.
    To address your earlier comment about America, even though I doubt it's worth it, America is a big place, and you get the ignorant mixed in with the educated. I'm not talking about rednecks in Alabama (oh noes, I just did a bit of a stereotype) I'm talking about the country as a whole.
    I live in the UK, and I am not exactly best-friends with the US. And as such I'm giving my opinion as someone who knows shit about the UK, not the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    I'll still never understand the censorship in 90% of Hentai. /sadface.
    Stop trolling plz.

Stop trolling plz.
    I'm not brah. I'm merely stating a personal ponder.

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

I'm not even getting into this argument. I think that people that don't value animal rights and welfare need a head-check, and that is never going to change.
    To address your earlier comment about America, even though I doubt it's worth it, America is a big place, and you get the ignorant mixed in with the educated. I'm not talking about rednecks in Alabama (oh noes, I just did a bit of a stereotype) I'm talking about the country as a whole.
    I live in the UK, and I am not exactly best-friends with the US. And as such I'm giving my opinion as someone who knows shit about the UK, not the US.
    Whats with you thinking animels are some kind of jewl that shouldn't get dirty?

go join peta and poor blood on people who wear jackets with furr on them.

or beat people to a near inch of their life for eating veil

Quote Originally Posted by letstalklikepirates View Post
    The government doesn't want bones in because they don't want people reminded of all the human rights they've violated (ex. shooting down a crowd of thousands of student protesters). Also I heard in the current build china doesn't even get DK's (now they have an even better WotLK).
    Yes, because China is the only government that ever violated human rights or shot student protestors...

Brief history lesson of the United States:

Settlement: The USA almost wiped out an entire populace for land.
    Slavery: The USA believed it was ok to own others.
    Civl War: The USA fought a war over it being ok to own others.
    World War II: The USA put Asian Americans in interment camps.
    Jim Crow/Civil Rights: The USA spent the better part of its existence denying the rights of blacks to have equality and freedom.
    Vietnam: The USA opened fire on student protestors at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio on May 4, 1970.
    Gay Rights: The USA still treats the LGBT population as less than equal.
    Iraq War I and II: The USA went to war with another soveirgn nation to get oil while using every single excuse imaginable.

Before trying to throw stones you might want to reinforce your glass.

Deleted
    I wonder if they are allowed to call protection classes tanks in china.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Yes, because China is the only government that ever violated human rights or shot student protestors...

Brief history lesson of the United States:

Settlement: The USA almost wiped out an entire populace for land.
    1-Slavery: The USA believed it was ok to own others.
    Civl War: The USA fought a war over it being ok to own others.
    2-World War II: The USA put Asian Americans in interment camps.
    Jim Crow/Civil Rights: The USA spent the better part of its existence denying the rights of blacks to have equality and freedom.
    Vietnam: The USA opened fire on student protestors at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio on May 4, 1970.
    Gay Rights: The USA still treats the LGBT population as less than equal.
    Iraq War I and II: The USA went to war with another soveirgn nation to get oil while using every single excuse imaginable.

Before trying to throw stones you might want to reinforce your glass.
    1-Slavery existed for literally thousands of years prior to the discovery of "Vinland/America" ~Lief Erikson in Europe, Asia and Africa. They all thought it wasn't bad and was a daily outfit of life.

2-NEVAR FORGET PEARL HARBOR!

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

It all makes sense now...

Why they had to cut content from Cataclysm...

damn chinese and their communist laws...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Whats with you thinking animels are some kind of jewl that shouldn't get dirty?

go join peta and poor blood on people who wear jackets with furr on them.

or beat people to a near inch of their life for eating veil
    I'm not an extremist? Yeah because supporting and advocating Animal Welfare makes me part of the PETA gang.
    Oh by the way, I want to smack you in the face with a Dictionary and a book of Grammar Drills. Please go back to school.

This is the most ignorant post iv ever read. duh they know that!
    The better question would be...does USA realize there are other countries that aren't stuck in the 1800s?

Not the fault of the opener in any way, but this thread is now discussing religion, culture, politics, morality etc. Is Mmo Champion the place to do this? Are the people that frequent this site really mature, intelligent, respectful, knowledgeable enough to do this in anything close to a decent way?

Yeah, I definitely think any thread with the words "WOTLK, "China," and "Censorship" ought to just be locked and removed. Clearly everyone in here is only out to throw stones at other players and their countries.