Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

i realy dont get it

people we all know what wow is!
    its one of the most perfect games you find on the internet.
    since ppl pay to play it, it has amazing securities standards, great support for customers, updated every month ecc....
    the game it self is insanely balanced and has so many things! they are trying to make it perfect!

but i always ask my self: why it has such an obsolete chat software? is it so hard for ppl who work at blizzard to develop a spam controll software? every online game i played had one!
    someone must explain me why they just dont do it that one person has a cooldown (like 20-30sec) beetwen messages.. AT LEAST IN TRADE CHAT

ps: dont tell me to install an addon cause supressing spam client side is just useless
    dont tell me to ignore/report because if i ignore a spammer i will probably miss the next time he is sellng something i may need, if i report him it wont matter since it takes many ppl to ban a spammer, and ppl dont do it cause clicking on names is really hard when they scroll so fast (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by zaaar View Post
    since ppl pay to play it, it has amazing securities standards, great support for customers, updated every month ecc....
    the game it self is insanely balanced and has so many things! they are trying to make it perfect!

i really hope you are trolling ><

Deleted
    Neither do I,
    what's your point? That blizz should spent manhours in improving chat that differs from realm to realm? if you dont like your trade switch realms or install Addons, since they do help!

but i always ask my self: why it has such an obsolete chat software? is it so hard for ppl who work at blizzard to develop a spam controll software? every online game i played had one!
    someone must explain me why they just dont do it that one person has a cooldown (like 20-30sec) beetwen messages.. AT LEAST IN TRADE CHAT

ps: dont tell me to install an addon cause supressing spam client side is just useless
    dont tell me to ignore/report because if i ignore a spammer i will probably miss the next time he is sellng something i may need, if i report him it wont matter since it takes many ppl to ban a spammer, and ppl dont do it cause clicking on names is really hard when they scroll so fast (lol)
    When is the last time the game has been updated since ICC? >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason they don't have a spam filter? There's an addon for it... Blizzard has said multiple times that they support their addon community.

Spamthrottle does the job... Just download it..

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Report spam does actually work, by the way.

Deleted
    its not hard to understand why anti-spam addons are essentialy useless.
    lets say you have it installed, and type in chat WTS something... you will ofcourse see the message on your screen for some seconds, but other ppl will miss it for sure since some other guy spammed lfm icc TEN TIMES!

get my point, what bothers me is not the chat scrolling super fast that hurts my eyes.. is the fact that if u need a jc - an item or anything, you have to spam it for as many times as other ppl are spamming their messages

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool Story.

Did you know... you can like click a button.. it's called Report Spam. You can also /ignore, you can also /leave [channel name].

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Ruby sanctum?
    Vol'jin fanboy

10+ Year Old Account
    updated every month? it's neally a year since it has been updated with valuable content and ruby sanctrum doesn't count because i dont raid seriously just one new quest and i would have been happy :*(

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Cool Story.

Did you know... you can like click a button.. it's called Report Spam. You can also /ignore, you can also /leave [channel name].
    but you can hardly be in a major town now without being spammed by "LFG THIS INSTANCE 6K GS" five million times over and over.

i agree, a 20 second rule would be pretty handy.

we have report spam and ignore, it's efficient enough. just requires some player input. if too much was automated it couldn't be nearly as efficient. this current implementation only catches spam players deem significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's a feature like this on Cata Beta atm, I believe it puts 10s between messages.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

Don't whine about spam if you just want to be stubborn and refuse to use spamthrottle addon.

And I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN TRADE CHAT AND YET DON'T HAVE IT ENABLED. blizzard should just freaking ban all people from typing in trade chan if they don't have it enabled.

It's like this, I put up my trade skill advertising macro, and 2 seconds later some fucking retard goes in trade chan 'lf ench/jc', then i whisper them and they say link, i say i linked already in trade chan, and they say they don't have it enabled.

it's these fuckign retards that's clogging up the channel.

The list of ignore needs to be much larger and cross all characters. I don't need to report spam/ignore iLIKEsSPAmztrade everytime I switch toons.

No, it isn't "just useless" - the end result is exactly the same as if blizzard had implemented the spam filter directly. Complain less and download badboy: it will automatically suppress and report spam, and will either notify you of blocked spam or not, depending on which you prefer. I haven't seen spam in years thanks to this addon. Whether blizz should invest more effort in a directly supported spam filter is completely moot when badboy will do the job just as well or better.

also,
    if i ignore a spammer i will probably miss the next time he is sellng something i may need
    um, what? If you're stupid enough to support the spammers by buying what they're illegally selling, you have no business complaining about spam in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Ruby sanctum?
    And all the beta updates/content?

Think before you hit reply

The Report Spam tool is a great temporary tool for silencing Trade messages you don't want to see.

Don't want to see ICC spam? Take 30 seconds to report spam on anyone that's "LFM ICC" and you won't hear from them again until you log out. Because honestly, the chances of them wanting to suddenly sell something you may need while they're trying to organise an ICC raid aren't very high.

Deleted

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Cool Story.

I believe he noted not to suggest Report Spam and Ignore and Addons..

We all know Blizz got the greens for anything :P

But they hold the greens too tight... TOO TIGHT!!!