Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    wow
    didnt like concept art at all.

I don't know if it's been said or not, but it sucks how the druid forms, especially for the trolls, mimic the males. A get that games are mostly male-dominated, but more and more women are getting into WoW, and I've heard that a lot of women play druids (hunters and priests also). It's not that big of a deal to me or anything, I'll still be making my Worgen druid, but I just wish the forms were more ambiguous (think that's the right word) gender-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jairulnait View Post
    I don't understand the argument about not being able to see the "real gear" while in PvP. It's not like there aren't already a bunch of items in the game that let you change your whole appearance (including the Gnomer event reward, ironically). Plus you can't know sh** about a druid's gear while shapeshifted anyway, so why would it be game-breaking for the rest of the classes?
    I completely agree. I saw a funny post on the forums today

"Personally I think when pvpers see druids they curl up in a ball, suck their thumb and cry"

Because clearly it is gamebreaking for some PVP whiners that they MUST see their opponents gear. A better way to judge your opponents gear level is by checking out their class and Health. If I'm farming in WG and i see a warlock that has 25k health I'm probably going to keep flying, if i see a warlock with 13k health, I'm probably going to drop down and attack him. I'm not going to fly down, say "stand still and don't attack!" and stare at him to try and figure out what gear hes wearing....
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Troll females can have tusks and mo hawks, in fact mine does. It's just that 90% of the people who make a troll female prefer the deadpan "pretty" face and nubbin tusks that look like lip piercings.

Deleted
    If you think it is bad that the druid forms look maleish, think for a moment poor demonology warlocks... Even females turn into shadowy Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    EW EW EW @ Troll druid forms HOW UGLY.. And look at the colors FUGLY to the max! I mean come on a fluorescent blue bear with a yellow mo-hawk? Really? I call laziness absolute laziness... That is all.
    Have you SEEN trolls before? Player trolls are all some crazy shades of green or blue with wild colored hair and face paint, nothing about trolls is "normal" as far as color goes, their druid forms are exactly what you would expect from a troll druid. Shut the fuck up and stop bitching about EVERY LITTLE THING, fuck man... we're all sick of it already.

Also as a hunter, if they make the second and third concept arts into creature. They BETTER be tameable or ELSE. Even if they were exotic that would be fine. In fact the second would most likely have to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    So most other MMO's allow for customization, but Wow doesn't, which has always been one of my main issues with it and why I've always gone out and played other games. Now they finally get into letting us customize and then turn around and say no? Why offer race changes or haircuts? Way to be hypocritical, assholes.
    Over-reacting much? I'd suggest some mild sedative, or maybe just go out for a brisk walk.

I see a lot of people go bananas in this topic over the no-customization-of-armor decision, basically (as always) the reaction is waaaaaay over the top and condemnations based on not actgually understanding the decision. Part of the fault is of course GC's who didn't explain it in enough depth for the rage prone masses.

Thing is. It is not hypocritical - it seems hypocritical if you don't understand their reasoning. Blizz don't mind customization, when it doesn't undermine one of the foundations of the game: Which is - the game is to a large extent about getting gear. We can say what we want about in it for the challenge of a well designed enocunter (or arena match), or the social aspects, or the RP or a million other things. And all those are true, but the game is from the bottom down founded on the principle "What we do in WoW is go around attempting to aquire more awesome gear". Take it away and you don't have much left of WoW.

Allowing a few overcloaks wouldn't eliminate this of course, but it would definitely mean first move away from the gear oriented principles of WoW. Blizz usually don't like it when the "slippery slope" argument is brought up in the forums, but I think in this case, THEY are thinking in the terms of "slippery slope". they don't want to undermine the importance of the gear grind, although they would never publically use the word "grind", but the truth is that "gear grinding" is what most of us spend most of our time in the game doing.

The other end of that "slippery slope" would mean that we no longer pick up gear in raids, we just pick up stats. Bosses would basically be dropping stats. In principle you could have them drop scrolls that upgrade the stats of "My Coat of Badass Looks" that you've been having for a long time. Some people might like that, but it would remove one big incentive from the gear grind, if gear upgrades did not somehow visually change your character.

We could argue for a totally different game that wasn't as much about grinding gear as WoW is, but it would indeed be a completely different game and I can understand them not wanting to just start walking in that direction without looooots of thought.

It has nothing to do with it being technically difficult, much less with them being idiots who don't understand what their players (think they) want, even less what ItachiZaku says, that they are just being a-holes.

"we don't want to start implementing aesthetic items in the game which allow players to look however they want while keeping all the stats they want."

This is incredibly stupid. For how much money is poured into the games, I think customers should be able to customize more than face, skin and hair. Considering that I've never actually heard someone full on praise a set of gear they've worked for.

The answer to "why not?" was vague at best. I'm disappointed. And now stuck with a really stupid cloak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    am i the only one that cares they aren't doing the sound-a-like contest this year?

also, i gotta say, i like the gorlock helm for hunter tier
    Last edited by Rainec; 2010-09-09 at 06:42 PM.

Everyone who doesn't like the troll forms is a boring idiot.

EVERYONE.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Deleted

So am I only one who is seeing this? The worgen form textures have detail, definition and depth. They look new and crisp. They have muscle definition, fur looks like fur and their faces are detailed an looking sharp. Troll texture is like some hastily re-coloured vanilla cat. It looks outdated. I do not mind the gaudy colours, they are trolls after all. But I want the quality of the textures to be up to date.

T11 hunter is my favorite of the 2 sets. cant wait to see paladins.

bregtann wins this thread.

Blue bears.....
    This, really needs to be cut down somewhat.. Somewhat blue would be fine, but this is just crazy.

give me the overcloak i wanted, i thought i'd get...

seriously changing this without informing the community until AFTER you've put it live...

oh Blizz.. oh blizz....

Tauren paladins were bad, forsaken hunters (how do they fake death) were awful.. but.. those troll druid forms, are you just taking the piss?

WTB forsaken/worgen paladins instead (makes more sense than "ret bull gives you wings"). thank you.

lol @ troll druid forms .

Those bear forms are a joke .... right?

Druids gonna dru... uh, I think...

Oh no, these are really the final touches for the druid forms? I guess the only slightly feminine looking cat is still just Night Elves. All my hopes for a troll cat to not have a mane have gone out the window. Hey Blizz, girls play this game too, and not all of them want to be Alliance!